Super 8 Niagara Falls/Buffalo Area
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Giacomo(Niagara Falls)
$121
$101
AscendHotels
$110
Comfort Inn The Pointe(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
$119
Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
$94
$89
The Red Coach Inn Historic Bed and Breakfast Hotel(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
$109
$98
Hampton Inn Niagara Falls(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
$109
Hampton Inn Niagara Falls / Blvd(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
$125
$114
Hampton.com
Best Western Summit Inn(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
$80
$73
Agoda.com
Falls Motel(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
$72
$51
$60
$58
Travelocity
All reviewswafflesthe general managerroom was cleancontinental breakfastvery pleasant staythe breakfast areamini fridgedefinitely stay here againgreat place to stayminute driveshopping tripstayed nightsacross the streetnew yorkrobertmotelfalls
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The hotel (at least on the 2nd floor) smells overwhelmingly like smoke and bleach. It's gross. Despite there being a door to close off the smoking wing, it was a huge turnoff and pervades the entire atmosphere.

Walls are thin so you can hear a lot. Luckily, things were not too noisy on our stay, but I could hear someone snoring in the room next to us, to give you an idea of lack of the sound insulation.

The mattresses were uncomfortable and either really old or really cheap.

Staff was friendly enough, but not overly so.

The bathroom was clean enough, the water pressure decent in the shower, and there was free wi-fi that actually worked (that's more than you get at some fancy places!)

It's what I expect for a cheap hotel, but for the price point, I think better options exist (e.g., Holiday Inn Express).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Robert-Super8, General Manager at Super 8 Niagara Falls/Buffalo Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Hello Jonathan,
I thank you for time and remarks.
I am sorry that we did not meet your standards.
I hope you called the desk about the noise, so the staff could address the problem.
Robert

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I don't know why people rated this hotel so high on this site. Seriously, people! The "breakfast" consisted of quarter sized rolls and Tang that they passed off as orange juice. The whole building smelled of smoke even though they had a smoking "wing". I should have known the type of people who stay at this hotel when I saw a sign on top of the TV in the room that gave prices for the comforter, pillows, towels, hair dryer, etc if you felt the need to take them home because they are so "nice". The pool is in the front parking lot - obviously an afterthought. The signs on the front desk for guests to read were riddled with grammar mistakes. The information desk was never manned. There were rooms next to us with 20 people in each room who kept their doors open so they could walk back and forth between the rooms all night. The rooms were somewhat clean, but I left with bites on my feet that I still don't know where they came from. I will not be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank teacherchickx2

hello teacherchickx2,

Thank for your time and thoughts about the Super 8.
I am sorry for the problems you had with your stay -but the breakfast does meet the
Standards that are in place for the Super 8 chain. Florida Naturals Orange Juice and Apple
- Toast- Five Brothers Coffee - Lipton Tea - Belgian Waffles - Fruit - Super 8 Cinnamon Rolls.
If something ran out we do have to sub.

Sincerely, Robert

Reviewed July 13, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 10, 2013

As with most first timers, we (my wife and I) were not sure whether we should stay close to the falls (so that we can reach it easily) or a bit away (buffalo area). We decided to stay close so that even in case parking is not available at Niagara Falls (I was not sure), we can use public transport to go there. Hence, we chose this hotel despite the bad reviews (thought: how bad can a super 8 be) and an extremely high room price ($179/night).

Believe me, it was a terrible decision. The room was stinking probably because the carpet was too old. Bedsheets were dirty and had dirt-spots on them. The bathroom was also average (below average for that price). Add to that the fact that the concierge was extremely rude.

My advise would be to avoid this hotel at all costs. If you don't need Canadian Visa, it is better to stay in Canada as you would get 4-star hotels at around $100. If not, stay in Buffalo. There is lots of cheap ($5) parking space available so you'll never be out of parking at Niagara Falls and Buffalo is not so far. This hotel is neither close nor good. Plus, it is definitely not a value for money deal. So there is no good reason to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Hotels in Canada and in Buffalo are cheaper and better. Also, the travel time is not huge and there is lots of free parking at Goat Island. So you'll not have issues in taking your own car.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VivekGaurVats

To VivekGaurVats,

Thank you for your time and letting us we failed during your stay.
I hope while you were here that you gave a chance to fix any problems.
Thanks Robert

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Although the hotel is basically a two star or less, it is clean and the front desk is run quite well. They are organized and extremely helpful especially when our car broke down.

Where they fell short was price gouging on July 4th weekend when they jacked up their price from $79/ night to $219/night through management owner's greed.

Great value for money but boy be aware of any national holidays when they all will price gouge just because they can. This is a BIG downer on the name brand.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Devr D
Robert-Super8, General Manager at Super 8 Niagara Falls/Buffalo Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Hello Devr. ,
I am glad you enjoyed your holiday at the Super 8 Niagara Falls.
I am sorry for the rate differences but it the peak season in Niagara Falls, NY.
We hope to see you again
Have a great day,