“Second the meh...”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We went to this restaurant when it first opened and it was excellent. Went back a few months later and it was the opposite. Went again just before xmas and can say this time, never again. Service was horrible, took a while getting seconds of anything. The food was good overall but this time we had a chicken dish and they use that yucky chicken (real but pressed) which is revolting to me. We never mind waiting for a table because a long line usually indicates a worthy restaurant but not the case with this Olive Garden.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

This is my first experience at the Olive Garden in Niagara Falls, New York. It was by far one of the most delicious meals and service that I have had. I work in the Hospitality industry so I find myself being a little more judgemental and have higher expectations. From the moment we walked in the door we were approached and greeted. It was 2 pm on Wednesday afternoon, generally when I drive by there is a line up out the door but we were sat right away. Myself and 2 other guests were given a booth. The restaurant looked steady but not packed. Within 5 mins we were greeted and our apps and drink order was taken. Within 3-4 our drinks arrived, plates for our apps and our mains was order. Taurio our server was a mid to late 20s man was tall and sweet. He always had a smile on his face. The restaurant looked clean and the servers looked professional. There was a tall man with a ear piece walking around who looked like the floor manager was messaging for dirty tables to be cleared and wiped. Within 10 mins our apps arrived. We ordered 2-Chicken Spinini and Risotto balls. The chicken spinini came with a brushetta like mix on top, it was very favourful and moist and tender. YUM! The risotto balls came on a bed of marinara sauce. They we good but i HAVE better. Then shortly after our mains came. I had the seafood alfredo pasta with shrimp and scallops. It was delicious yum. My mouth is watering now thinking about how good it was. I was surprised by the amount of shrimp and scallops they did give in the portion! My friend had red pepper and sausage sandwich with parm frites and it was mouth watering as well. My cousin had cappalinni pomadora and it was lighter and filling. Great service and food. Our bill was $56 for 2 apps, sodas, 3 mains. We will definitely be coming back.

2  Thank Missberrie
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We visited this restaurant when it first opened and waited over an hour for our meal. We figured they were just getting started and decided not to base our opinion on this. We went back last week and have never had a more terrible dining experience or service. The waitress took awhile to come and get our drink orders. The salad and breadsticks took over 20 minutes. The people who were seated after us had already received their salad so I mentioned to our waitress that we were there first. She told me "she was busy." Based on her tone I asked to speak to the manager. Well, that was a huge mistake! She wasn't sincere at all. She did tell me she would check on our entrees. They took another 25 minutes to come out. I wanted to leave but my son was starving. I should have trusted my instincts as the food was horrible. None of us could eat our entrees. Based on the attitude of the manager and her unwillingness to ensure we got our entrees I just paid the bill and left.

First time in my entire life I haven't left a tip. Do yourself a favour and go somewhere else.

1  Thank JackieWaterloo
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The Food was ok nothing to write about but while we were eating inside the windows of my car was smashed and all our belongings were stolen , not a safe place at all I don't recommend it at all!!

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing first experience to the Olive Garden!!! Food was amazing and our service was even better!!! The only downfall was my server was running off her feet with too many tables. She did the best she could. Our food was hot and extremely tasty. We will definitely be returning!