“Great Italian Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #22 of 289 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Niagara Falls
“Great Italian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

We love any Olive Garden restaurant, great food and we love the atmosphere....

• Visited May 2012

Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The staff needs much more training and practice in hospitality, promptness, and attentiveness.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

My husband and I visited this location for the first time yesterday evening. As it was Tuesday evening at about 8:45 p.m. we did not expect any wait time for a table and were surprised to see several people in the waiting area. We inquired about the possibility of sitting in the bar area for supper and were told the bar is a "first come, first serve" area, and that if there was space available we could be seated there. As there was an empty booth in the bar, we seated ourselves and proceeded to wait . . . and wait . . . and wait as various staff members repeatedly walked back and forth past our table apparently without noticing that we had no menus, no cutlery, no water, and no one apparently willing to acknowledge our presence. We noticed that the staff was busily clearing a table in preparation for another couple who were promptly presented with aforementioned cutlery, menus, water, and had their order taken quickly. So, to alleviate our "invisibleness", I asked a staff member who happened to passing by (again) if we could please have our order taken. Her response was, "Oh!" as though she had just noticed that we were sitting at a completely bare table. Although we had not adopted a "difficult" attitude, we were treated rather sullenly which, in spite of the fact that the food met the usual Olive Garden standards, quite acceptable, we were disappointed in our first visit there as we had been looking forward to trying this location. En route to and from the restroom, I noticed that people were still waiting for tables despite the fact that there were many, many open tables amongst tables occupied by diners. I understand why restaurants do not like to open a whole section later in the evening (cleaning issues, staffing, etc.); however, I simply could not understand why people were being made to wait artificially while cleaned tables sat empty! Is it meant to be part of the "Olive Garden experience", or just poor management? Generally speaking, I'm sure most people understand that a wait may be involved in a full restaurant but being made to wait for no apparent reason just doesn't make sense. If we do decide to give this location another try, it will likely be a very long time. By then, it is to be hoped that their growing pains will be a thing of the past.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank packedandreadyt0g0
Georgetown, Canada
“Shopping Day & Dinner Night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

My husband, mom, sister did a shopping day in Niagara Falls and then decided to go out for dinner at the Olive Garden, surprising to know that the wait was 1 1/2 hour wait. Well my husband didn't want to wait, my sister asked how about the bar, the host gave my sister a button that when it beeps your table will be ready, by the time I went out to get my husband outside, my sister had a table in the bar section. The service was great and fast in the bar area. This is something to know. The organization of the olive garden needs to be on top of it a bit better. The confusion of overwhelming people at the front door waiting for a table or service is crazy. I am sure we would go back. The restaurant does need assistance in organizing the guests waiting for a table. Perhaps even if they take reservations that would even help, or even have someone at the front informing the guest of the wait, or perhaps put a time limit that allowed in the restaurant.

• Visited February 2012