“Magical.”

Maid of the Mist
Book In Advance
$134.94*
and up
Niagara Falls in One Day: Deluxe Sightseeing Tour of American and Canadian Sides
$94.95*
Niagara Falls Canadian Side Tour and Maid of the Mist Boat Ride
$94.95*
Niagara Falls American-Side Tour with Maid of the Mist Boat Ride
Ranked #1 of 25 Tours in Niagara Falls
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Maid of the Mist-America's Most Monumental Experience Since 1846. Trips depart every 15 minutes from Prospect Point, Niagara Falls State Park in Niagara Falls, New York. Tours are 20 minutes long. Take a ride to the base of Niagara Falls for an experience to remember. Souvenir rain ponchos are provided. The last day of the 2017 season will be Sunday November 5th. Operations will resume in the spring.
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

If you visit the Falls, there's no way you can miss out on Maid of The Mist!
You are given big plastic ponchos before boarding the boat, but it's still a wet, wet experience! You are taken right next to the horseshoe and falls, so close that you can feel all of it! Truly magical, breathtaking experience. A must do.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

beautiful views, fun getting soaked. it's nice being able to get really close to the falls to really appreciate the sheer volume of water that falls every second.
(I visited in 2011 but there's no option for that)

Reviewed February 16, 2014

As part of our road trip in the US. we had a brief visit to Niagara Falls, and you can't come here without going on the 'Maid of the Mist'. Although we stayed the Canadian side, we took the short walk over to the USA side (Novelty!!) and boarded from there. As you go through the basic security for boarding you are handed with a 'Maid of the Mist' kagol. I honestly thought these were just a great advertising ploy/gimmick - But no, As we approached the falls, in a world of our own taking pictures etc, We started hearing cheers (Americans!! - Gotta love 'em) and low and behold - we got absolutely soaked! It was absolutely brilliant! I didn't think we would get that close tbh. Luckily it was really sunny our hair and anything below the knees dried within ten minutes or so! I'm glad I followed everyone else in putting it on though, otherwise I'd have been soaked through!

As someone else said - This is the only way to really appreciate the Falls - this is a must do trip..

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Before embarking upon my first Maid of the Mist adventure, the thought running through my mind concerned the sheer number of people who have boarded the attraction over the years. First run way back in 1846 to transport passengers between the USA and Canada, the route may have changed a bit (particularly given the fact that advances in technology now permit the boats to run closer to the famous Horseshoe Falls than before without putting their passengers at risk), but the tradition of North America’s oldest tourist attraction remains intact and it was wonderful to be a part of it.

The experience hardly needs to be described. In a nutshell, passengers are issued with cheap plastic ponchos before boarding, with the option of the upper deck (which offers excellent views), or the lower deck, in which the view almost certainly isn’t as impressive (hence why I avoided it), but it does keep passengers who don’t like getting wet that little bit drier. I should point out at this stage that whilst the Maid of the Mist is a water-based attraction, no one will get totally drenched- for that I thoroughly recommend the open top Niagara Jet Boats! The tour begins by passing the American Falls and the Bridal Veil Falls, before approaching the spectacular Horseshoe Falls and whilst it cannot get close enough for its guests to reach out and touch the latter, the spray certainly hits you. After a number of photographic opportunities the boat does a u-turn and makes its way back to the dock.

Getting up close to the Horseshoe Falls really is one of life’s great experiences. Although the spray makes visibility a little difficult close up, it is still the best way to view one of nature’s true wonders.

Whilst my poncho was very effective in keeping my rucksack dry, I could not keep the hood up so my hair was wet from the Niagara water- not something to complain about though! One serious recommendation I do have however is that it isn’t worth the risk of using digital cameras on board. I did my research and before jetting out to Niagara Falls I purchased a waterproof disposable camera. Back home, my Maid of the Mist photographs were adequate so I’m glad I adhered to the advice I was given.

Now here’s my most important tip. I rode the Maid of the Mist twice- once from the Canadian side of the Falls, and once from the American side. Both are identical but the American Maid of the Mist experience is superior in my view because alongside the incredible boat ride, there is an observation deck offering great photo opportunities before you take the elevator down to your boat, and after the trip there is a walkway which takes you up close to the American Falls.

My Maid of the Mist rides took place in the first half of June 2013 and the queues were not too bad. The boats were packed but I just about managed to find my way to a gap on the outer rail of the upper deck on both occasions.

In my opinion, no one can truly claim to have ‘done’ Niagara Falls unless they have been on at least one Maid of the Mist boat. It’s a lot safer than going over the edge of the Falls in a barrel, but will still provide wonderful memories that should last for a lifetime.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

*I actually went in June 2012 - they make you put a date in*
I had so much fun on the Maid Of The Mist. We went on the Canada one. We got to wear plastic sleeve outfits so we didn't get our clothes wet. We got so close to the actual falls. It was so much fun, and that's really all I have to say about it. If you can do it, do it.