“Very Pleased!”

Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed at this Sheridan on November 21 for a one night stay and we were impressed from the time we walked through the door. It is clean, modern and the staff were courteous and welcoming. We were given a riverfront room which was very nice even during dreary November weather. The room was modern, updated and very clean. We enjoyed a great dinner at the hotel restaurant and our server Kelsey was great. However, our sleep was interrupted for the most of the night due to the heating/cooling system in our room acting up and keeping us up all night with horrendous noise. However, after losing our nights sleep, the staff were so understanding and receptive to our complaint. The front desk manager who I think was Tina was so accommodating and made sure she made things right for us. This hotel does not have really any commercial area around it but the shopping district and restaurant district (Military Road and Niagara Falls Blvd.) are about a 5 minute drive away. This hotel has everything you need for a getaway. We will return.

Room Tip: Riverview was nice. Not much view from the front of the building. Would be terrific in the warmer...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tina C, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

What great feedback! Thank you for the nice things you said about myself and other staff we have here at the Four Points. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and we do all we can to make sure everyone leaves satisfied. I am happy I was able to help you leave with a smile and look forward to making your next stay enjoyable.

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
This hotel is very nice. All decorations are updated, the hotel is clean, and everyone is welcoming. We had a Groupon for one night and we decided to stay an additional night. We got a River view room- which was small but the view was awesome! The river and the bridge (especially with the bridge lit up at night). The pool are is huge! The hotel in general is quiet...didn't hear too many people.
Annoyances:
-Hotel staff playing on their phones.
-The buffet was nice in the morning, but bacon and sausage were undercooked. The fruit, yogurt, and cream cheese were lukewarm.
-The curtains in the room don't cover the window. The sheer curtain does, but the heavier one (that blocks out light) is fixed and doesn't move or cover anything but the sides. I realize I got this room for the view, but when the light outside reflects off the river in the morning it can get very bright and I didn't sleep well.
- the sink was outside of the bathroom. I just felt gross touching the doorknob without washing my hands...leading me to wonder how everyone else has to do the same. Yuck!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

We see that you enjoyed your stay but were not please with a few things, we apoligize for the annoyances you encountered. These concerns will be addressed, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

we enjoyed our stay here. the suite with the whirlpool was worth the price. nice and roomy, the bed and pillows were very comfortable unlike many past hotel experiences. the breakfast in the restaurant was also a nice surprise, our whole family had a great breakfast. the swimming pool was also a great experience. it was quite warm unlike many previous experiences in other places. the manager even came over to say hello and ask us if the pool was comfortable. we won't hesitate to recommend this hotel or return here on future visits...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

It seems that your family enjoyed their time here with us and hope that in the future when you are in Niagara Falls, NY you will chose to stay with us!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They actually seemed to be enjoying their jobs. My room was a little on the small side, but was clean and comfortable. The restaurant seemed a little pricey, I did not eat there. Parking was free and plentiful. The hotel was located in a working class neighborhood that was a short drive to the falls and other attractions. I would like to visit Niagara Falls in the summer and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a river view room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

We are so glad your stay was enjoyable and that we will see you again this summer! Our patio is a great feature in the warmer months, we look forward to seeing you!

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here while visiting the area. It's a nice place to stay.
The Good: The hotel is in a good location. It's close to Niagara Falls but not so close. It's clean and the staff is awesome and friendly. The room we had (king river view with whirlpool tub) was large and very comfortable. Love the tub! Room service was fast and the food was delicious! Pricey but what room service isn't?

The Bad: Bad isn't the right word but the area around the hotel was older. Not scary though. And yes, it seems like the hotel itself was older but still in good shape.

Overall, a good place to stay. And do yourself a favor, go for the king river view!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank M P
Tina C, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for your great feedback! We appreciate all of our guests opinions and views of the hotel! We look forward to your next stay here with us! Our King Suite definitely cannot be beat with the view of the Niagara River!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great place to stay if your in Niagara Falls or even Buffalo. All rooms are small but have been remodeled, with nice comfy beds, great lighting, large fridges, tap card room entry. The pool area is georgeous. The staff is all polite, happy and accomodating. There was punch and snacks at check in. Try to get a room with a view of the Niagara River and in summer there is a lovely patio outside. Restaurant food was decent and the staff helphul and effecient. You can't go wrong here!

Room Tip: Get a room with a very for a minimal upcharge!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deadly2013
Tina C, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your excellent review. We are so glad you throughly enjoyed your stay here with us. We take pride in knowing our guest are satisfied with everything while they are staying with us! We look forward to your next trip here!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel has been renovated recently; it is nicely decorated with warm woods. The staff was very friendly during check-in and out. The bed was okay, but I've slept in better and it was not a Sweet Sleeper that most Sheratons have. We had a room on the top floor (8) overlooking the river. This was a pleasant view and would have been even nicer closer to mid-Oct when the leaves across the river turned colour. (If you want the bathroom that they feature in their gallery, you need to reserve the King Suite; unfortunately we didn't know this before we got there and had only reserved the King Deluxe. Next time we'll know better.)
The neighbourhood is somewhat run down, though, and I wouldn't want to be walking around late at night. It is close to the casino and shopping at the Factory Outlet on Military Road, however.
My one complaint (and I hate this trend in general) is a $5.47 per night "destination fee". How much garbage is that? Last time I checked, marketing to your customers was part of the cost of doing business. Increase the price of the stay before I check in and then I won't feel ripped off when I check out. I want to know the total price BEFORE I get to your hotel. Airlines are now required to show the total charge in their advertising; why don't hotels have to do this? Greed; I'm getting sick of it.
I would stay here again, but I'd tell them upfront I am only paying the advertised price and not their hidden fees.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joc209
Tina C, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We appreciate our guest sharing their feedback with us. It seems as though your stay was enjoyable, outside of the destination fee. We do provide this information to you upon booking your reservation, we apoligize for any confusion there may have been regarding the communication of this information. We are glad that in the future you will stay with us again!