“Pretty good, still some kinks to work out”

Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Three month old hotel so it was pretty nice. Beds were comfortable. Was not as "clean" as I would have expected for being so new. On site restaurant was awesome! Lovely view of the river right behind the hotel. Get a river view room if you can. Staff seems a little disorganized. Loud music next door- see tips. It is over priced, but too be expected for the Niagara Falls area. It is in a more "depressed" area, but to be honest, all of Niagara Falls on the US side is kind of depressed. They have an onsite washer and dryer (1 of each) that was nice after 4 days in NY City. Seeing what else the city had to offer hotel wise, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: There is a "yacht club" next door that played loud music until 1:00 am.. Ask for a room f...
2  Thank bigkess

Reviewed August 28, 2011

So we stayed here on points.. can't complain too much when it's free.. and being an SPG Platinum member, you get a little better treatment.. Also need to remember that it's a Four Points, not a Sheraton or Westin.. Hotel is "OK+".. Nicer on the inside than the outside.. Area looks really sketchy.. I asked when I checked in and was told it was fine.. Asked if my car would be there in the morning.. She laughed.. Lots of stuff in the area on Niagara Blvd (short drive).. Tim's, Outlet mall, lots of places to eat etc.. Inside of Hotel is nice, although the carpet in the hallways is awful and looks bad.. Hallways are kinds dull.. Rooms are nice.. Newer amenities.. Very clean.. Nice works space.. new TVs.. Comfortable beds..

Would I stay here if it wasn't on points? Don't know. Was an unexpected stop on the way home from a vacation in the US to do some shopping.. Close to the rainbow bridge.. but if I was coming in to shop at somewhere like the Galleria, I would stay by the Buffalo airport.. Much more convenient than the 30 minute drive from the NF airport down to the Galleria.. But again, points being points, it's not costing me anything to be here..

Asked for adjoining rooms.. Got rooms beside, but no connection.. Not sure if they have them.. Got a coupon for a free local beer.. so that was a bonus :)

Check in was painfully slow as far as Starwood properties go..

Overall, "Meh"..

2  Thank AlwaysW0rking
Reviewed August 27, 2011

When we arrived we discovered it's not in a very nice neighbor hood. Our room was looking out to the indoor pool. When I went to close the curtain there wasn't one!!! The swimmers and us were one!!! When I complained I was told there wasn't one. Over two hours later after I went to the desk again-I received the shade from the managers office. The hotel is a revamped one from years past. It is very clean but still needs so much. The cable is terrible(fades in and out) and I think it's the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. For the price of the room, I would recommend looking around a bit.

Room Tip: Don't get put on the first floor..
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Shortmom02
Reviewed August 22, 2011

First lets start by the two rude conceige during the evening shift. I always thought this job required friendly people but noone informed Brian and I think her name was Sharon. Both there during the evening check in time. I chose this jotel because of the heated and the fitness center. The pool was nice but the gym was not opened. When I discuss this with the conceige it appeared the she could not be bothered with this. The room itself was great but again for the price your paying you can find something better.

5  Thank janet67
Reviewed August 19, 2011

This newly refurbished hotel a few miles from the majestic falls was not only a wonderful value but the newest hotel on the New York side of the boder.

Every from an efficient front des to the restaurant was ideal. Very tasty breakfast buffet was a real bargain at $9.95 per person. We stayed a total of 5 nightys and on one of those particular nights a few of the guests occupying two adjoining room spent a few hours slamming doors. When I complained to the front desk they sent someone right up to subdue the siuation and told me if that didn't work they gladly up grad my room immediately.

Hopefull the management will maintain the quality of this property and not let it slip away with time. Highhly recommended and would return in a heart beat.

2  Thank Rjsniteflyte
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed at this hotel after coming through Canada on our way home to Virginia. This hotel appeared fairly new, and was thoughtfully appointed. The afternoon/evening/morning we were there (one night stay only) they were experiencing issues with one of the two elevators. Unfortunately, they did not allot signage to indicate there was a problem. After loading the cab with our goods, we discovered it was going nowhere, and thus, had to unload and wait again for the other elevator. The same experience the next morning. The room (7th floor) was well appointed and the layout and design elements were very functional. This is something we were frustrated with in several other stays on this journey so we give 5 stars for this one! However, I was dismayed to find a dirty washcloth on the shower bar. The room service menu card was already filled out by a previous guest with another room number. It was late in the evening when we went to complete this, and already being in our PJ's, chose not to get dressed and go down to the front desk for a replacement. Instead, we had breakfast elsewhere the next morning.
All in all, I would stay again. It meet our needs that evening after a long day of car travel.

Room Tip: If you are a fitness room user, please chacek in advance before booking. The fitness center (and en...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stoho
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This hotel has been under many different names throughout its 40+ years. It sits on the upper Niagara River and is a 10 minute drive to Niagara Falls. It is also close to shopping and restaurants, less than a 5 minute drive. They do have a restaurant on site and I took advantage of the breakfast buffet. I have had better breakfast buffets at other hotels for free and I thought it was pricey for what was included. Danishes,muffins,bagels,toast,fresh fruit,eggs,potatoes,sausage,yogurt, cold cereal, juices and coffee. The food was just not that tasty. Also all of our glasses that were set on the table had to be taken away because they were dirty and we also saw dirty plates on the buffet line. I guess a new dishwasher wasn't purchased during the renovations.
My room was on the street side, but if you choose to stay here, I would ask to be on the river side. The views would be better. You would be able to see the mist from Niagara Falls and in the summer you would see boats on the river.
I was in a room with a king sized bed, which was comfortable. The bathroom had the sink on the outside from the tub and toilet. There were baskets underneath the sink and little shelves on the sides of the mirror which was convenient for putting personal toiletries. Those are the only 2 things I can say that are positive about my room. Now on to the things that I was not thrilled with. The air conditioner was very loud. I know that when this hotel was refurbished, they changed the layout of the lobby and restaurant, all the rooms got new windows, but to leave old air conditioners was a poor choice. It kept me awake because it was so loud. The tv was a new flat screen,but the reception was really bad. Also, the parking lot is set up with baracades at the end of several of the aisles. I took the aisle I was parked in and headed toward the street to find the exit, only to find out it was a dead end and I had to turn around and find a different way out. I'm just not sure why they set it up that way and not put signs up to help navigate.
The only contact I had with the front desk was when I checked in and I didn't find the gentleman that checked me in to be very friendly. I don't remember his name, but he was a supervisor. Also, when I was eating my breakfast, I overheard the restaurant manager making a crude comment to one of the servers. I didn't take the time to speak to someone about this because I felt that since both men that I am speaking about were managers, nothing would have been done.
I will end on a postive note and the housekeepers that I ran into on my floor were very friendly and made it a point to say smile and say "Hi". Kudos the the housekeeping manager for doing a good job with training his/her staff.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends