“Family stay”
Review of Gorge View

Gorge View
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Clean and nice. The owner is Very accommodating. Good value because it saved us renting two hotel rooms for our big family. Very close to the falls state park. We would stay again. The falls are beautiful!

Room Tip: Call the owner if you cannot find a room. He was able to make space for us so that 5 of us could sh...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sara M
Gorge View I, Owner at Gorge View, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thank you so much for the praises. You have a lovely family and we're glad we met your expectations. We so enjoy having families with us and we're hoping to provide more family oriented accommodations through future renovations. Thanks for staying with us and enjoy your summer.

There are newer reviews for Gorge View

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Gorge View is the best hostel I´ve ever styed in! I came to Niagara Falls to work in Hard Rock Cafe and had no idea where to stay. Then I found Gorge View and contacted Jeff, the owner. After that everyhing was really easy. Jeff offered me to stay a few nights in a hostel and then provided me and my friends private apartment in the second floor. The rooms, staff and prices are fantastic plus the location just 15 minutes by walk from Niagara Falls. In the hostel you can meet people from all over the world and have real fun. I highly recommend it to all travelers.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Eliska91

Thank you so much, this is only the first year (first few months) under new ownership and a new brand. We try everyday to improve and we are so pleased that you were pleased and we expect to just keep getting better. Thank you for the praise enjoy your summer and travel experiences.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Simply superb. I was not aware of Hostels before coming to this one, nor was I aware that they are primarily occupied by foreigners. I was expecting the worst when I booked this place, mainly because of the low price, but man my opinion almost immediately changed. I took my girlfriend up there with me from Texas, and she could not say enough about how great this place was. The owner was always willing to go above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly. If we needed anything, he did what he had to in his signature layed back demeanor. He even shared some of his left over hot wings with us! The foreigners we stayed with are arguably more polite than most Americans (probly not saying much), but they all seemed polite and friendly. There was also some complimentary oatmeal in the mornings for everyone's convenience, and lets be honest, oat meal is healthier than pancakes ;]. All in all it was better than most hotels for a good number of reasons. But I would recommend this Hostel to anyone looking to venture up in that neck of the woods. Bravo my friend, bravo

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Toll0613033
Gorge View I, Owner at Gorge View, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thanks it was kind of you to take the time to provide us a review. We're still improving things around here and we've gotten a grill since your visit and we've improved the weather :) Sorry we didn't have that under control. We also added new bikes to the fleet! Hope to see more Texans in the future.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I did not stay at the Gorge view, but I got their number from a bike shop as a source for a rental bike. The Gorge View was right around the corner from our house rental, in a perfect spot close to walking trails, the falls, etc. The rental bike was in excellent condition and I enjoyed the miles of beautiful trails, keeping the bike until 9pm. The staff at the Gorge were pleasant and helpful and it looked like a great place to stay. Maybe next time...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jdbird324

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback and we're happy you enjoyed your stay. I just wanted to let you know we continue improving our property week to week, month to month and year to year as a tribute to our wonderful guests. Since your stay we've gotten a gas grill to increase everyone's cooking choices not to mention creating a great way to enjoy our guests and the weather (which has also improved since your stay!). We've replaced the older blinds in the girls dorms with nice vertical blinds and will be doing the same in all dorms. We also got two new bikes added to our inventory.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Cool staff, clean as a whistle ( fresh sheets, clean room and very clean bathroom), good prices , free Wi-Fi. Has a nice courtesy room with free tea and hot chocolate, equipped with coffee maker (free coffee) and micro-wave. European style hostel ! Nice one ! Very glad we did spend two night there. Definitely recommended !

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank turtles666

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback and we're pleased you were happy with your room. I just wanted to follow up and let you know we've made it even better. We have replaced the blinds with new vertical blinds and dressed the windows with beautiful burgundy curtains. We have added a nicer desk and we'll be continuing to improve our property week to week, month to month year over year as a tribute to our wonderful guests.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I was just in Niagara Falls for one day and only really needed someplace to spend the night. The hostel is pretty much a 15 minute walk in a straight line from the Falls. Very easy to find, and for $30, it was very good value. I wasn't in the room much, but it was a good size, and the bathroom was old-fashioned (in keeping with the building design) but nice, and clean. The reception areas were nice, Modern breakfast room, with a decent breakfast which was included in the room's price. The staff were friendly, and there was only one other person in the 4 bed dorm, which was ideal! I would definitely go back if i'm ever in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank HCIM90
Gorge View I, Owner at Gorge View, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2015

This is actually the last review of the former Hostel named Red Lounge at the same location as Gorge view. While we are happy many guests were satisfied with Red Lounge and their reputation was fair. After two years of excellence and a lot of renovations we thought it would be proper to point out that All Reviews prior to 2014 are Red Lounge and while they still reflect the quality of our location and to some degree the building, it doesn't reflect current ownership, management operations or conditions. I would hope these past guests revisit to see how much improvement we have done and I thank new guests reading this for taking the time to go this far back.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

A friend of mine suggested this place. I was a little skeptical but still went in. It was just the perfect place for crash in for a night or two. Its very close to Niagara falls, by walk just 10-12 mins. Awesome locations and extremely cheap. I think its run by a elderly couple. They have got bunker beds and you can book an entire room for family or rent individual beds.

One suggestions, do not go here in the middle of the summer. There is no AC in this facility. So as long as you are visiting in spring or fall when temp in night are down, you are comfortable.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Santosh G

This is actually a review of the former Hostel named Red Lounge at the same location as Gorge view. While we are happy many guests were satisfied with Red Lounge and their reputation was fair. After two years of excellence and a lot of renovations we thought it would be proper to point out that All Reviews prior to 2014 are Red Lounge and while they still reflect the quality of our location and to some degree the building, it doesn't reflect current ownership, management operations or conditions. I would hope these past guests revisit to see how much improvement we have done and I thank new guests reading this for taking the time to go this far back. I was actually a guest of red lounge in August of 2013 and I had to leave due to the lack of AC it was too hot. While I still bought the building, I have not let guests stay in my hostel in the summer without AC.