“Delicious!”

Villella's Ristorante
Ranked #17 of 299 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open for lunch & dinner. Casual Italian restaurant featuring home made specials. Located inside the Super 8 on the corner of Rainbow & John Daly Boulevards.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was visiting Niagara Falls with my family from Italy this summer and decided on going to Villella's for dinner. As mentioned on many reviews the restaurant is very small so I called and made a reservation. We were immediately seated and were approached by the owner who took our orders and offered a fantastic wine. My family from Italy was very impressed with the food and were very happy they were able to speak with another fellow Italian while on their trip to New York. The food was amazing, it was by far the best food I have ever had in a restaurant and it was not expensive either. I definitely think that anyone visiting Niagara should eat here, I know I will be going back.

2  Thank ALov11

Reviewed September 25, 2013

My conference colleagues were skeptical as we approached Villella's. It's a tiny setting in a non-descript corner across an interior hallway from an equally tiny hotel indoor pool. Fortunately, we arrive later on a Thursday evening. I now understand some who criticized the wait for a table - there might be two dozen seats in the cozy dining area.

We enjoyed chianti from the respectable wine list and our host, Phil, was a superb guide through the menu. We started with the banana peppers and the stuffed bell pepper. Both were uniquely flavorful and sopped up their sauces with the delicious freshly baked bread. Our ample entrées ranged from Gnocchi Della Valle to their daily chicken special. I'm confident that whatever comes from the Villella kitchen will please your tastes.

2  Thank DiscriminatingPalate
Reviewed September 21, 2013

we had lobster ravioli , veal Marsala both of which were exquisite , we travel to Italy every year and very authentic, can understand why people rave about the cuisine and the price was very good for the quality . however, I can agree with some of the comments of other diners, I booked from the uk a month in advance , rang to confirm and they had lost our reservation, though did have space and rebooked us. Obviously popular as people were waiting n the corridor drinking wine for up to 40 mins , some had not booked , waiting for a table seemed routine if you were prepared to. given queues did feel as though there was a rush to get us out. owner apparently owns hotel and really just needs to build much bigger restaurant to satisfy demand. on balance though if you can get in and potentially don,t mind a wait well worth it.

1  Thank kasperc
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Botton line, made a reservation the night before for 6 people at 630 PM, when we arrived, there was no table and we were told to come back in a hour. No reason, just double booked. We did that and found a beautiful bar at the Giacomo, which also has a 19th story 360 degree view overlooking Niagara Falls. Just gorgeous! Had a cocktail and came back, where we proceeded to wait another hour before we were seated. Upon seating, we ordered and had a nice meal. I really do love the food here, but it would be nice if they started taking phone numbers and letting people know what's going on. Getting home from dinner at midnight is too late!!

1  Thank Selena T
Reviewed September 16, 2013

After a hot morning on the golf course in Niagara Falls, we were looking for a place for a light lunch before returning to Syracuse, NY. We spotted a small Italian restaurant appended to the end of a Super 8 hotel. The place is underwhelming as far as setting and decor, although it sits in the shadow of the adjoining Seneca Niagara Casino. There were a few other people when we were seated and we weren't expecting much. Wow!!! were we surprised. The calamari appetizer was huge and sooo tender. I had the steamed mussels marinara....maybe the best I've ever had. The broth was so delicious that I can still taste it in my brain as I sopped it up with the warm Italian bread. Our salad entrees were well sizes, fresh, attractive and very tasty. I would return in a heartbeat if we didn't live two hours away. Although we didn't fare as well on the golf course, this was certainly a hole-in-one!! I'm so glad that we weren't dissuaded by our first impressions.

2  Thank rhornad1