“Simply put - avoid this place!!!”

Villella's Ristorante
Ranked #16 of 299 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open for lunch & dinner. Casual Italian restaurant featuring home made specials. Located inside the Super 8 on the corner of Rainbow & John Daly Boulevards.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I normally don't bother writing reviews but do rely on tripadvisor and couldn't let the falsely high rating based on inaccurate endorsements of this place stand without telling the truth about it. Simply put - avoid this place. If you are in the Niagara area and are looking for a good meal it is definitely difficult to find - but avoid this place. Unless you want to park, walk, wait and eat in a dirty and really run down atmosphere where you can watch small indigent children play in an attached little indoor cheap motel swimming pool - avoid this place. Unless you want terrible service from truly rude staff - avoid this place. Unless you want to watch your unhappy kitchen staff smoke, then go to the bathroom and come back through the restaurant with bags of frozen peas - avoid this place. Unless you want to be lied to about your wait time by an hour, while others without reservations are being sat randomly ahead of you - avoid this place. This place is NOT a quaint little "find" - it is a waste of your valuable time and money. In a region with great restaurants from Buffalo to Toronto, go somewhere else.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Very small restaurant, 8 tables so reservations a must. We arrived early and they allowed us to come in, served us the wine we ordered. Chef fixed my husband a dish not on the menu. Was to die 4.. I think I ordered everything on the menu. Brought alot home. As everyone else has said rice balls a must....but you cannot go wrong with anything on menu.. Now know why people drive 50 plus miles just for dinner...sauces are so good...a must try for foodies like me. I always order extra food to bring home.. Makes great leftovers....oh, desserts great...

1  Thank Nancy V
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stopped by this restaurant and was told there was a half hour wait with two tables ahead of us. The hostess proceeded to seat multiple tables ahead of us and then left two tables empty and still did not seat us. We left the restaurant after an hour without eating and the hostess laughed until we told her we were going online to post a review. I presume she did not want kids in there even though my kids have eaten in 5 star restaurants. No wonder this place is in motel 8, with a view of a nasty swimming pool, flies all over, cheap metal chairs and paper tablecloths. It doesn't deserve to be anywhere else! Follow your instincts and avoid this dump.

2  Thank Eattravelplay495
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This restaurant was highly recommended by our Innkeeper. We initially went on a Friday night without a reservation. There was a long wait so we decided to return the following day a little earlier in the evening. We were seated right away without reservations (5:15pm). We ordered the Eggplant Parmesan and the Chicken Marsala. The main entrees were preceded by excellent fresh bread with olive oil and beans. The salads was absolutely fresh and deliciously seasoned. The dressing was a light Vinaigrette. It was a simple salad, but it was one of the best salads I've ever had in a restaurant. The entrees were equally good. One thing that I'll do differently if I ever get back this way and have the opportunity to return to this restaurant; they give you a choice of pasta or salad with the Chicken Marsala. I chose the salad, but I like pasta with my Marsala too so next time I would order the salad as a side. The Chicken Marsala was delicious even without the pasta. The grilled veggies were just right. The sauce was light and very tasty and the chicken was cooked very well. The price wasn't too bad, about $25/meal with dessert. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Louise P
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was our second visit to Villellas and we're thankful its still there and doing well. We had made reservations through our hotel and upon arrival we were given the only table available. The other seven tables were already filled with diners. Other diners who arrived after us, waited patiently for a table to open up even though they too had made reservations. In this small restaurant, the aromas from the open kitchen are tantalizing and mouth watering. The owner overheard our table talk and knew we had eaten there before. Our photos of our previous meals are on Trip Advisor which the owner had obviously seen because he knew I had posted the photo of the carbonnara and the vongole clams. This time we had Calamari Diablo and a Caesar salad for appetizers, we both had carbonnara for our main and then topped it off with a well dusted Canole and espresso. Every morsel was delightful.

1  Thank olegar31