“Viva Villella”

Villella's Ristorante
Ranked #17 of 295 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open for lunch & dinner. Casual Italian restaurant featuring home made specials. Located inside the Super 8 on the corner of Rainbow & John Daly Boulevards.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Aside from the natural wonder of the falls, US Niagara does not have much to offer travelers. Just when I was giving up hope we took up a tip on Villella's Italian restaurant. It is small so reservations are highly recommended. We waited 45 minutes to be seated and were pleasantly rewarded with a fabulous dinner. They are know for their rice ball appetizer, which I highly recommend. I'm a stickler for a good marinara sauce and theirs was excellent. All dishes ordered were excellent and the wine selection was very good. Though the restaurant is extremely small I enjoyed the experience of having the bustling kitchen right behind my shoulder. Villella's was the dinning highlight of our trip to Niagara.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I only went there in a personal recommendation because I never would go to a restaurant at a super 8. This 9 table restaurant is great. Get the rice balls. They rock! All food is really, REALLY good.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

If you like great little hole-in-the-wall restaurants, this place is for you! Seven tables, eight employees, and food to die for. We had the pizza appetizer (could make a nice lunch for one), the chicken Marsala, spaghetti al Nero, and the amaretto cake for dessert. The pizza was a cheese pizza, and the ONLY cheese pizza I've ever had that was so good it didn't need other toppings. Everything about this place from the looks of it says find someplace else. It's in the motel 8, across from the pool. Motel food, is usually not stellar. The waiting area is in the motel hallway. Once the food starts coming, you will be very glad you gave them a chance. Had I not seen the reviews here, I probably would not have tried them. I'm glad I did, and I think you will be too. The only downside that I can find, is that drink refills are not free. However, prices are so reasonable, it isn't that big a deal. They are so good, they are on the short list for lunch tomorrow.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I can't undrstand anyone not liking this restaurant. The food was excellent. The location, as I had just read in the reviews, was bizarre, but who cares? We don't normally eat at Italian restaurants since my wife is Italian and the food in restaurants is rarely as good as hers. This place is an exception. I asked the owner if he's open tomorrow night since we're going back!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I would never have tried without your recommendation. Only seven tables, in a run-down area and already too popular. The food made the 40 minute wait well worthwhile. I had a veal picata preparation that was unusual but very good; my wife an excellent lobster pasta and very reasonable wine. Next time I will make a reservation.