“Not what we expected”
Review of Murphy's Cafe on 3rd - CLOSED

Murphy's Cafe on 3rd
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We went here for lunch, as it was recommended by the hotel we stayed at. We went here thinking it was an Irish pub - it is not. My husband ordered a Guinness and the Irish waiter said they don't serve beer. I ordered a turkey sandwich - only to find out they didn't have turkey. My husband order the chicken ceasar wrap and thought it was the most delicious one he's had. The wait staff was very nice and accommodating. A little expensive for just sandwiches and water.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

This cafe offers breakfast,lunch and dinner with casual and delicious fare. The atmosphere is laid back and play clothes are fine here. We dropped in for lunch this week. Shared a cup (a big one!) of their Tomato Basil soup. Mark enjoyed the Mediterranean Chicken Wrap and I had the Black Forest Ham and Turkey Wrap. Both fresh and delicious. Murphy's offers a choice of sides also included (chip or mesclun greens with vinaigrette). I took half of my wrap home and had it for lunch. Please note: When you pull in to the parking lot, let the attendant know that you are going to Murphy's and you won't be charged the parking fee!!

Reviewed May 4, 2012

We went there for something different in an area that has very few places to eat considering it's tourism potential and the doors were locked at 7pm on a Saturday. We will never know how good or bad it is as they would not let us or the confused couple behind us in.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

We went for breakfast on St. Patty's day.
I ordered a Guinness and received a can that was barely warm and no glass to pour it into with the reason given that all their glasses were 'packed away'. We ordered a couple of breakfast wraps and after waiting twenty minutes, our server came over and told us he was sorry for the wait and that they had ran out or eggs and that the cook went to go get more. Stay away!!! Next time I'll be sure to wake up early enough to take advantage of the hotel breakfast.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

Slightly below average service so really either 2 or 3 stars.

We had a couple of wraps which were fine.
Lacked "put the customer 1st" service attitude.

Positives..attractive decor with interesting artwork...
reasonable prices(better than the Indian restaurants nearby)...

Negatives...slow blase service...
when I asked for tap water waitress said "we don't do tap water"...