“Underrated Museum Showing How Niagara Falls Was Formed”

Niagara Falls Discovery Center
Reviewed April 6, 2013

A very underrated museum that shows very well how Niagara Falls was formed, along with its history and the gorge development as well. The initial movie in the Visitors' Center is quite informative, along with a simulated elevator ride that goes below the level of the rock formations below the falls. Much worth seeing off the beaten path.

1  Thank Moomus

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We visited Sep 2011. Good place to start the tour. Has some interesting information about natural and local history.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

There really isn't much to do outside of the Falls on the US side but my husband and I took in all the attractions that the park had to offer, and this was one of them. It is just a walk around circle in the building with a few exhibits out. I found it to be very boring and I think of the 6 attractions we took this was the worst with the aqurium running a close 2nd. But all the other attractions were good.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

The displays seem to be focused towards children, but I didn't see any of the children present really enjoying them. I did get some history about the falls and the local area that I had not seen anywhere else, but it wasn't worth the price of the ticket. Most of the area outside was fenced off for construction, but my husband and I were never able to tell what type of construction they were preparing for as we saw no work being done. The film provided was extremely old and of poor quality.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We went here because it was included with the Discovery Pass. My opinion is to give the ticket to someone that is blocking your view of the Falls so that they move :-) You can easily see everything it has to offer in about 30 minutes. My kids, who enjoy science, found the most interesting part were the cameras that show what's going on outside. Unfortunately only one of the two cameras worked during our visit. The film is informative but the rest of it needs someone to jazz things up a bit.

1  Thank raw729