“Labor Day at Wanderfalls”

and 1 more site!
Wanderfalls Guesthouse & Hostel
Kona Hawaii
“Labor Day at Wanderfalls”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed at Wanderfalls for 4 nights over Labor Day weekend and would have to say this is one of the best youth hostels I have stayed in. It is spotlessly clean with owners who are very helpful in planning time at Niagara falls. Carroll helped me a lot over the phone when I called before I booked, and I'm so glad I stayed here instead of on the Canadian side as I had planned.
The transportation from Buffalo airport was very inexpensive and the hostel is about 5 minutes walking to the start of the US attractions like the Aquarium and Discovery Center, where you can get the shuttle to the rest of the activities. It's only about a 10 minute walk across the Rainbow Bridge to the Canadian side, so it's easy to access from Wanderfalls location.
The beds were very comfortable, nice kitchen, and great service from the owners. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there and will certainly stay there again if I can get back to the area. Thanks so much for a great visit to Niagara Falls!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My sister and I stayed at Wanderfalls for two nights while visiting Niagara Falls. Would totally recommend for individuals looking for a cozy, friendly environment. Carroll and Andre were very friendly and helpful (free pancakes for breakfast! whoopie!), always checking in and providing great information on what to see around town.
The house itself is perfect for hanging out and getting to know the other occupants as well, with a lovely furnished front porch that easily accommodates up to 8 people.
Rooms were well-kept and very clean to boot!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Carol and Andre were extremely helpful in helping us around the area with directions, taxi rides, and driving us themselves. This hostile gets a little hot in the summer time but that is to be expected and there are fans in the rooms. They have hot showers and a fully stocked kitchen. We had a great time there meeting other travelers from all over the world. I have been to hostils all over the world and this was one of the best ones!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Boxmeer, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Just a nice house in a quiet street with a lovely veranda. Inside a real kitchen (with everything to cook your own diner, not just a microwave) and a sitting and dining room with plays and books. The room with the two bunkbeds for the three of us was spacious. In the morning we learned how to make our pancakes for breakfast. André and Carroll were friendly and helpfull, also in our first email contact.. And for just 5 dollars they washed our clothes.
The waterfalls are great, the town itself is not worth staying, but the Wanderfalls Hostel made our stay a perfect experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Los Gatos, California, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My girlfriend and I spent one day and one night in Niagara Falls and we went to Wanderfalls Guesthouse.

Andre & Caroll were just awesome, full of great advice and incredbly helpful. They allowed us to leave our luggages to their place even after checking-out so that we didn't have to carry them while visiting the falls. They took us to our bus station for a price a lot cheaper than the cab. It saved us from a lot of hassle!

The guesthouse itself is really nice and comfy. The chambers were nice, and the guests when we were there were cool too. Living room and kitchen are for everyone to use and it's really nice. Free pancakes, coffee and tea in the morning!

We couldn't have find a better place :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

This being my first time at a hostel, I was pleasantly surprised at the diligence Carroll took in making me feel welcome and making sure I was comfortable around the city. As soon as i got in she gave me area maps, giving me directions and recommendations. She led me around the house (more a guest house than a hostel, but who's pointing fingers?). Everything was clean. The rooms were just fine for the pack I had. I left all my valuables there, feeling no threat of thievery. Though they give specific hours, the night I was there, they stayed two hours later to make sure a pair of latecomers knew their way around too. If I ever had to come to Niagara again, I'll stay here.

• Stayed December 2011
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Took us ages to find this place online but so glad we did! Incredibly reasonably priced, nice rooms and a very safe place due to location and the owners' dedication. Really enjoyable stay - I highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends