“beyond my expectations!”
Review of The Giacomo

The Giacomo
Ranked #1 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I went to the Giacomo with a friend, for a 'girls weekend away'.....
From the moment we stepped into the hotel, we were treated amazingly well! The staff is extremely attentive, (Jeff, Jason and Tim were awesome!), and the atmosphere is warm and comfortable. They drove us to and from the casino, looked into local entertainment and made great suggestions! We were pleasantly surprised to find freshly made cookies in our room when we returned in the evenings! The staff go well above and beyond what would typically be required by a hotel, making sure that everything went superbly well and our needs were attended to! Loved it there, and planning on returning in the very near future.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 16, 2011

We stayed at The Giacomo the weekend of Jan 7th-10th and even added an extra night with no problem. I cannot say enought about this hotel, beautiful, clean and comfy. The staff (Jason, Tim Caitlin, Jeff, Gina, Chris C., Chris B., Hanna were great and they were there whenever you needed them and went above and beyond their duties. The town car service was definitely a plus, the complimentary breakfast was great (homemade belgian waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels/english muffins, cheeses/meats, coffee/teas and juices, the nightly fresh baked cookies delivered to your room were great. Keurig coffee maker with coffee's and teas in your room, free water bottles, robes. The only thing is that they need a heater in the bathroom - the heat lamp didn't quite warm the room. Within walking distance to the Canada side of the falls with no problem (make sure you bring your passport to get back into the US). The King bed was unbelieveably comfortable and the room was very spacious and pretty with the fireplace. I would definitly give this hotel a 5 star hotel rating and would definitely recomend anyone to stay here. It was a perfect setting at the Canadian Falls for my engagement and that just topped the beautiful weekend off!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2011

My sweet Husband booked this hotel for a romantic New Years getaway and we were very excited because it was touted to be the nicest in the area! Upon check-in we found out that they do not have Room Service as they state on the website, the "lounge" only serves beer and wine. The "fireplace" is a bad electric imitation. We went down for the breakfast that was supposed to start at 7:30 to find the lights off and one poor guy trying to run the entire place. We took pity on him and waited 30 mins to ask for our car, which he couldn't find in their gated area. We happened to notice him wandering around and my husband again went out of his way to go out and help him so that we could check out and go get something to eat. To top it off two days later we noticed that they had charged us not only through the hotel booking service but also directly through the hotel for an amount which I can only assume is the regular rate as it was lower than what we originally paid. The only upside was the distance to the falls which was easily within walking distance.

2  Thank ktbegin
Reviewed December 28, 2010

I don't think I have ever felt more cared for. Each and every employee made me feel welcome. I never felt funny asking for anything. The buffet breakfast was one of the best I have ever had. The homemade cookies were also a treat. I will stay here if I ever visit again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2010

My husband and I stayed at The Giacomo for our honeymoon. We stayed in a room with a fireplace(gas) and jacuzzi. The room also had mini fridge, coffee maker,flat screen tv, adjustable thermostat, and two lounge chairs with ottomans. When we checked in, the staff greeted us and already had our keys waiting. Someone escorted us up to our room with our bags and walked us in to assure we were satisfied.

During our 4 day, 3 night stay, every staff person we encountered was friendly and accomodating. When we slept in beyond the housekeepers shift, the staff gave us fresh towels and linens upon our request. The car service was a BLESSING! We were able to get around to the movies, mall, aquarium, and falls with ease. They always arrived in a timely fashion, were friendly during the ride, and even gave tips on things to do and see.

There was hot continental breakfast each day (eggs, bacon, potatoes, waffles, homemade pastries, etc) and warm cookies each evening. Free bottled water in the room, bar/lounge on ground floor.....I really should go on and on. This hotel is definitely one of Niagara's best kept secrets, but not for long. I see this place blowing up in popularity in 3 years or less.

Our only negative was transportation to and from airport. We had to take a cab that cost us $75! Other than that the stay was amazing and the hotel was wonderful. If your in Niagara, definitely stay at the Giacomo while its prices are so affordable.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed December 20, 2010

We had a gift certificate and stayed overnight for one night. Wonderful property, great ambiance. Nice quiet bar, great location. One drawback? I called to ask what time breakfast was served until. I was told 10:30. We arrived at 10:10 and there was no food left. I asked if she was replenishing the food (she was cleaning) and she said "probably not." I said that I was told breakfast was until 10:30 and she said "well I 'could' make you a waffle!" We agreed and she then said "I 'could' make you sausage." We agreed. Two separate groups came in after we did and had the same response. For what the rates are for this hotel (with breakfast included), I would have thought the service could have been better. Other that that, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Reviewed December 13, 2010

We stayed at this hotel the weekend of December 10 & 11, 2010. The purpose of our trip was to go shopping at the Fashion Outlets. We have stayed in several other hotels as we travel from Ontario to go shopping at least once each holiday season. Most of the hotels leave something to be desired, but not this one. When we arrived at the hotel, we were checked in promptly and our car was parked by the valet (free of charge). We were then personally shown to our room by a hotel employee. The rooms are very spacious and clean (no bed bugs) - the bathrooms are especially spacious. Buffet breakfast is included at no extra charge, and it's a good buffet that includes eggs, bacon/sausage, fresh waffles, toast, croissants and lots of other great food. To top it all off, the hotel hand-delivers freshly-baked cookies each night at around 10 PM. Check-out was a breeze. I wouldn't stay anywhere else from now on.