“The service was impecable!”
Review of The Giacomo

The Giacomo
Ranked #1 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed December 28, 2010

I don't think I have ever felt more cared for. Each and every employee made me feel welcome. I never felt funny asking for anything. The buffet breakfast was one of the best I have ever had. The homemade cookies were also a treat. I will stay here if I ever visit again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed December 20, 2010

My husband and I stayed at The Giacomo for our honeymoon. We stayed in a room with a fireplace(gas) and jacuzzi. The room also had mini fridge, coffee maker,flat screen tv, adjustable thermostat, and two lounge chairs with ottomans. When we checked in, the staff greeted us and already had our keys waiting. Someone escorted us up to our room with our bags and walked us in to assure we were satisfied.

During our 4 day, 3 night stay, every staff person we encountered was friendly and accomodating. When we slept in beyond the housekeepers shift, the staff gave us fresh towels and linens upon our request. The car service was a BLESSING! We were able to get around to the movies, mall, aquarium, and falls with ease. They always arrived in a timely fashion, were friendly during the ride, and even gave tips on things to do and see.

There was hot continental breakfast each day (eggs, bacon, potatoes, waffles, homemade pastries, etc) and warm cookies each evening. Free bottled water in the room, bar/lounge on ground floor.....I really should go on and on. This hotel is definitely one of Niagara's best kept secrets, but not for long. I see this place blowing up in popularity in 3 years or less.

Our only negative was transportation to and from airport. We had to take a cab that cost us $75! Other than that the stay was amazing and the hotel was wonderful. If your in Niagara, definitely stay at the Giacomo while its prices are so affordable.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed December 20, 2010

We had a gift certificate and stayed overnight for one night. Wonderful property, great ambiance. Nice quiet bar, great location. One drawback? I called to ask what time breakfast was served until. I was told 10:30. We arrived at 10:10 and there was no food left. I asked if she was replenishing the food (she was cleaning) and she said "probably not." I said that I was told breakfast was until 10:30 and she said "well I 'could' make you a waffle!" We agreed and she then said "I 'could' make you sausage." We agreed. Two separate groups came in after we did and had the same response. For what the rates are for this hotel (with breakfast included), I would have thought the service could have been better. Other that that, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Reviewed December 13, 2010

We stayed at this hotel the weekend of December 10 & 11, 2010. The purpose of our trip was to go shopping at the Fashion Outlets. We have stayed in several other hotels as we travel from Ontario to go shopping at least once each holiday season. Most of the hotels leave something to be desired, but not this one. When we arrived at the hotel, we were checked in promptly and our car was parked by the valet (free of charge). We were then personally shown to our room by a hotel employee. The rooms are very spacious and clean (no bed bugs) - the bathrooms are especially spacious. Buffet breakfast is included at no extra charge, and it's a good buffet that includes eggs, bacon/sausage, fresh waffles, toast, croissants and lots of other great food. To top it all off, the hotel hand-delivers freshly-baked cookies each night at around 10 PM. Check-out was a breeze. I wouldn't stay anywhere else from now on.

Reviewed December 13, 2010

We went for a weekend getaway to Buffalo and decided to stay in Niagara Falls. Perfect decision. We really liked the Giacomo from start to finish. We agree with the positive reviews below. It is like a blend of hotel and B&B but without the negative aspects that each has to offer. The sky view lounge is awesome..bring a drink up and just stare outside-gorgeous. It is not a bar, but a living room of sorts, with a view. We were there way off season so things were very quiet in and outside of the hotel but it was well staffed and very friendly. We liked that it is a hotel geared for adults (no kid hockey players or drunk casino goers). The location is perfect for a walk over the Rainbow Bridge and around the Falls. The casino is a few blocks away (although it is a disgusting smoker's paradise- yuk). The only drawback is that the "business center" is not very large or up to date and needs a good rework.
Also only 20 minutes from downtown Buffalo. We took in Sabres game and the Albright Knox gallery. I felt a whole lot safer than staying in downtown Buffalo (and I am from there!).

1  Thank al_maryland
Reviewed December 3, 2010

The Giacomo will spoil you and is a "must" experience for anyone traveling to the area. The Giacomo is a perfect combination of luxury and personal touch. The room was beautiful, spacious and so comfortable. We loved breakfast and the cookies at night. Thank you Tim for your tremendous hospitality and to the entire staff of the Giacomo. We cannot wait to return. Well done.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2010

I stayed at the Giacomo for three nights with my significant other and did not have one complaint about the entire trip and esspecially not the accomodations. The room was beautiful! Mini fridge is great for leftovers or to store a bottle of whatever you like. We made drinks in the room and took them up to the sky view lounge. The bar is beautiful! Hotel staff was wonderful! Very helpful. Took us in their Towncar where ever we wanted to go for free. Valet parking is great. There is no wait, ever! The cookies in the room were great for a late night snack. Breakfast was awesome! Linen napkins and fresh flowers really made breakfast special. We will definitely be back again soon.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple