“Impeccable Staff, Amazing Accommodations"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Giacomo

The Giacomo
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Seneca, PA
“Impeccable Staff, Amazing Accommodations"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

We recently stayed at this unique hotel to meet friends from Canada. I just can not begin to share what an amazing experience it was. The staff was impeccable!! There was not one thing more they could have done to enhance our stay more than they already had. The staff is professional, yet personal and go above and beyond to accomodate in any way possible. The rooms are amazing and I don't even know where to start in discussing the coninental breakfast. Continental is defnately a casual term, we enjoyed waffles and homefries that were unlike any we ever have had and we are still trying to duplicate! There was also a breathtaking array of other assorted breakfast items. When staying here be sure to go to the 18th floor to the breathtaking three sided viewing area of the falls and the city!

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Arabic first
Eugene Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2010

We have been on the road for 6 weeks and this fairly new boutique hotel has surpassed all the hotels we have stayed in on this trip. Amazing service, gorgeous rooms, huge bathrooms and great views of the mist coming off the falls. The 18th floor lounge is cozy and has amazing views, especially at night.
Would like to say thank you to Shannon for all of the help and advice she gave us during our stay!!
You can not go wrong with this hotel, it is very romantic!! Best beds of the trip too.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
cleveland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2010

I was attempting to make a reservation at this hotel because it had such a high rating on Tripadvisor. I called directly and was immediately put on hold for 11 minutes listening to a recorded message about how wonderful they were without anyone answering the phone. When someone finally answered the response to my inquiry as to why it took so long to answer was "I was helping someone". I asked if they only had one person handling the desk and phone and got some bumbling answer.
As we are traveling with two small children i requested connecting rooms. It took another 8 minutes on hold before the employee came back and said he finally got me the king with two connecting queens. I asked that it be guaranteed in the confirming email. Not only was it not confirmed, it was not mentioned and the reservation was incorrect. Believe it or not, when I called back to get it corrected, I was again put on hold for another 9 minutes. The hotel employee who handled my reservation could not be found, after being put on hold another five minutes! The new guy said what was promised was not possible but he would see what he could do to accommodate me. Finally, I was told that I could have the connecting rooms, and although it was an upgrade, because of the mix up and my wait they would wave the upgrade charge.
I was told that the manager was not in when I asked to speak to her. I was instructed to give her a call in the morning and she would personally send my new confirmation. I called and got her voicemail (surprise) and left a message asking her to call me. When I hadn't heard three days later I again left a message on her voicemail. When she never returned my call, I called and cancelled my reservation and casually asked if the manager had been in that week and learned that she had.
There is no way this can be an excellent hotel with incompetent management and poor personnel. Hours wasted and infuriating.

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank chavinson
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2010

Lucked upon the Giacomo on the internet. From the moment we walked in the door the service has been extraordinary- the friendly, helpful staff, the tastefully decorated room with the wonderfully comfortable bed, the driver service provided, the very satisfying, delicious breakfast in the exquisite dining room (not to mention the home baked biscuits waiting for us after a night's shopping). We would definitely return, and recommend any visitors to Niagara Falls to stay at this hotel. The price is very reasonable for the quality of service provided.

Sue and Keith, New Zealand.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
El Dorado Hills, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2010

What can you say about The Giacomo?
There are not enough superlatives to describe the excellent service from the staff and attention to detail in the guest rooms.
The bathrooms are out of this world with wonderful robes to put on after your shower.
The staff could not do enough for us.
Made dinner reservations, drove us to and from the restaurant in a beautiful Lincoln Town Car.
We loved the hotel so much we decided to drive back to Niagara Falls earlier then planned so we could spend one additional night at The Giacomo.
Again the staff made our dinner reservations,drove us to the restaurant picked us up and then drove us to the Niagara Falls Outlet Mall. When were finished shopping they picked us up again and drove us back to the hotel.
If you want to be pampered this is the hotel to stay at.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
central florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2010

After a quick bit of research I landed on this hotel since we were unable to go across to Canada. No disappointments. Staff was very accommodating, fresh baked cookies delivered to the room, extra water bottles, GREAT breakfast. Short walk to the falls park. Room was very nice, large bathroom, comfy bed. I didn't want to leave! If I ever return to the area this would be high on the list of places to stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2010

This hotel is beautiful, very elegant! My sister and I booked for a night and was very pleased with our choice. Five star service! Rooms are very well done and beds sooo comfortable. The roof top lounge has spectacular views of the falls and is a great space to relax. Valet parking in a locked lot across the street, the pictures on line do not do the hotel justice. It is a must experience for the bucket list! This historical building is hotel and residence so that makes it very quaint. Our stay made our shopping weekend very special.
My only concern was the complemtary breakfast that was advertised: When we checked out in the morning the front desk did not mention anything or inquire if we are having breakfast or where it was. The breakfast room is accross from the hotel desk! Also just a FYI: The area is not that great a bit scary at night or if you venture out and get lost!

• Stayed March 2010
Hampton Inn Niagara Falls / Blvd
Hampton Inn Niagara Falls / Blvd
#3 of 50 in Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa

Been to The Giacomo? Share your experiences!