“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Denton, Texas
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is a very beautiful hotel located in a former United States Office building. The rooms are clean and handsomely decorated in a modern/art decco style within walking distance of all attractions. The service was outstanding and the free valet parking is a big plus. Wifi service was quick and reliable. Rooms include wide screen HD tv's and a wide variety of cable channels.

The breakfest is served buffet style and includes scrambled eggs, bacon, fruit, waffles, ham, cheese and more. It was very tasty.

There is an observation tower on the 17th floor of hotel. Don't expect a view from your hotel room as the guest rooms are located on the lower floors.

Room Tip: Ask for corner room away from elevators.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Arabic first
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I'm not sure how this hotel got such high ratings and complimentary reviews. I booked this hotel because of them. When I first arrived, we both liked it very much: staff are very helpful and patient, room looks luxurious and clean. However, bad experience came afterwards: the bed sheet was dirty-it has a drop of blood-like thing and I found lots of hair on the cover. So we told the manager to change. He promised to come in 1 minute. But He came after we waited for almost 30 minutes. He didn't really know how to change the bed sheet. Well, under my help, he finally finished. Then he promised he would tell manager and give us some discount. The next day when we check-out, the assistant didn't mention this at all, as if nothing had ever happened. Well, I am not super expecting a discount but at least they should apologize... There are other small things that I am upset about: the room is next to the electricity room so it's very noisy; the breakfast has limited choices which I don't like, etc.

Anyway I won't stay in this hotel ever...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank GraceWang928
Yuba City, California
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Located within walking distance to the park, casino, restaurants. Rooms were large, clean, beautiful views. Breakfast was provided and contrary to previous reviews, it was plentiful and delicious. The attendant was terrific making waffles to order. They brought our car around when needed and offered to drive us anywhere within a 5 mile radius. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Fireplace added ambiance, but not heat. Perfect
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Seggie1958
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 1, 2012

End April we decided to make a trip to Niagara Falls US side, 2 nights in this hotel, booked a deluxe king room for a total of $264 USD which includes breakfast, extremely value for money I would say. Unique thing about this hotel is, the whole building actually consist of hotel rooms and residential apartments in it. If I am not wrong the hotel rooms are on the lower floors of the building, there is an observatory tower located on the top floor which I didn't visit. Ok let's start with getting there;

I arrived at Buffalo airport but didn't book any form of transfer to the hotel itself therefore I paid for a cab to get there and the cost, $70 USD. The return to the airport cost lesser as I booked it through the hotel at I think was $65 USD. So check out the prices of transportation from the airport to the hotel and back, if it is around these prices then cab is the way to go.

Service was definitely impeccable, staff were professional, friendly and helpful. Checking in was smooth in less than 5 mins, at 9pm they were actually expecting us. Highlight of the service they provide, the hotel staff does a free shuttle service to anywhere within a radius of 5 miles from the hotel itself, that was wonderful! I took the shuttle service to the factory outlet which is 15mins away from the hotel and after all your shopping, feeling jaded you are just one call away from getting your shuttle to send u back to the doorstep of the hotel. I got the name card of the hotel, with the number on it, from the factory outlet what I did was, I used the public telephone to call the hotel for the shuttle to come back and fetch me. Everything was simple and without fuss, the wait was less than 20 mins after the call. Awesome service!!

Location of the hotel was excellent, a short walk to the falls, the tourist centre and the casino. There is an excellent steak restaurant which is not far from the hotel as well, opens till 10pm at the Red coach inn. Right next to the hotel there is a place to go for drinks and chill. It serves food which is more economical than the restaurant at red coach inn.

Our room was on the 5th floor, decent and quiet but the walls might still be a little bit thin as we could hear outside, if you are thinking of view, there really isn't any. It is not a hotel overlooking the falls, However the lighting in the room was definitely very soothing, and the room was spacious for 2 of us. Bathroom is pretty huge as well but most importantly, the room is very clean. No stains on the bed sheets, bathrobes and bath towels. The beds and pillow were comfy and provided really great quality sleep for us at least. Despite the nice decor of the room, the ceiling gave me a raw feeling with the pipes exposed which I don't really like.

Breakfast was typical american breakfast which consists of bacons, sausages, scrambled eggs, wafers and cereal. It was really delicious and the spread is really decent, though it was run by a single person, I would consider it really efficient in terms of replenishing the food. Some stuff to take note, wake early for the breakfast as the area is not big, you sometimes might find yourself having breakfast in the lounge area, still comfortable just inconvenient because u need to walk across the lobby to get the food. Cutlery might run out as well, I experienced empty table but not set up for dining and I couldn't find any usable cutlery.

Concluding this, I felt that it is a very decent hotel for the price that we have paid. Not much fault you can find with it, just a couple of dislikes but most of the things were really fine, do remember that it is not a top of the line kind of hotel so do not expect anything too fancy. On the US side it is definitely the hotel I would recommend. Cheers!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank 0Tentacles0
Woodridge, New York
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We booked this hotel for three nights in a jacuzzi room at the end of June. When we arrived we were told that their was a problem with booking and were asked if we would mind downgrading to a regular room (for a discounted rate) for the first night and then the next two nights we would be upgraded to the jacuzzi/fireplace room for the price of a jacuzzi room, we agreed. The room was very nice (dusty behind bed and tv stand). When we went down to the lobby to retrieve or keys for the upgraded room we were told that it would not be available until after four (i was quite frustrated at this point). When we finally got into the new room, we thought it was beautiful. The room was again dusty, but the lighting was good and the jacuzzi and water pressure very nice. On the third day, our keys did not work to the room and we had to again go to the lobby to get this straightened out. The sheets/blankets were not changed from the 2nd to 3rd night. I did do a thorough check in both rooms for bed bugs, and did not see any evidence of such. I was still cautious and did not place any of my things on the bed.

The robes are very nice! The room is very comfortable. We did go up to the observation tower, nothing special but it is a nice little room. The secured parking lot was very nice. I did like that the parking lot was gated. Whenever, you need to get to your car, they open the gates for you with no problem. The breakfast was very good and one person does run it by himself, but he was very efficient. I am a vegetarian and found that there was something for me to eat every morning.

If you are not in your room when they bring cookies, they you will probably miss them (they were plain choc chip cookies). They bring them between 5-5:30. The chocolate truffles in the room are delicious as is the coffee!

If this hotel had a pool, safe in every room, and better house keeping staff it would be even better!

The staff at this hotel were wonderful. Especially Eric who was a pleasure and I looked forward to seeing him. A staff's attidude can make or break a hotel and he was wonderful!

Room Tip: If you are going to walk around the whole time, get a jacuzzi tub...your body will thank you. I reco...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hmhmec
Huber Heights, Ohio
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The staff was professional and nice. In fact, they went above and beyond to make our stay a good one. The room was small but very comfortable. The view from the observation floor was wonderful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darren B
Melbourne
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We loved this hotel. We were a bit wary of the valet parking as we're not used to it and I wasn't sure about the rules on tipping, but it wasn't a problem at all. The nice lady took our car and parked it in their secure lot and when we checked out, the nice man drove the car around and didn't even wait for a tip.

We also really liked the chocolates waiting for us in our room. We had a small room, but we were the second last room on that floor and so didn't hear much noise from the corridor. In fact, didn't hear much noise from neighbouring guests. This would have been one of the quietest hotel we've stayed in.

One reviewer commented on not receiving their cookies. Well, maybe you weren't in your room when the lady came with the cookies. We received our cookies both nights we were there. On the second night, we came back to our rooms late, but housekeeping returned to our room with our cookies even though she had already done her rounds!! Thank you. And, the cookies were nice.

I really liked the shower as it had a hand held shower head. I usually don't see them in hotels, but they're very useful. And, I didn't notice any problems with the water pressure that one reviewer commented on.

The complimentary breakfast was delicious. We're early risers and so didn't have any problems with limited choice. The fruits were sweet and ripe, the sausages, bacon and scrambled eggs were delicious, and best of all are the pastries. They were my favourite.

And, Niagara Falls is not far away. We even saw the fireworks from our room.

Overall, we had a great experience at the hotel and no disappointments at all! I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Choose room facing Niagara falls
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Days Inn Niagara at the Falls
Days Inn Niagara at the Falls
#11 of 51 in Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa

Been to The Giacomo? Share your experiences!