“Just ok....” 2 of 5 bubbles

$629.00*
and up
Niagara Falls Day Trip from Boston by Air
More attraction details
Owner description: Niagara Science Museum is located in the heart of, once vibrant, North end industrial area of Niagara Fall.
Greenville, South Carolina
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Just ok....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Some neat facts but very small. You can see the whole thing in a few mins. If the passes had to come with our discovery passes I would not have bothered going in here.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Tonya4052
Nicholas111, Manager at Niagara Science Museum, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Tonya,
We have more artifacts in our museum than (apparently) words in your vocabulary. You should do something else than visiting and reviewing museums. You have absolutely no idea what they represent. It looks as somebody encouraged you to mess-up our good standings. If this is the case, you should be ashamed of yourself.
Sincerely, Nick

244 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“Great place for science lovers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Great collection on scientific instruments.My kids had a wonderful tour and learning experience thanks to Mr. Dalacu.We had hard time trying to find the place but it was worth our time. Highly recommend this place.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Niagara Science Museum is a true gem. I had the pleasure of visiting and was given an informative tour by Nick Dalacu, who clearly put much love and effort into running his private museum. The highlight of the experience for me was the fact that almost all the antique scientific equipment were laid out in plain view, with only a portion of the collection behind glass. This made for a very engaging experience that cannot normally be found at your typical museum. The setup of the equipment in separate rooms as recreations of scientific labs was also a very nice touch.

I feel it important to mention that the review claiming the museum is "overpriced" is nothing but bogus. The museum does not charge a fee for entering, and only runs on donations. From my short but very worthwhile visit, I could feel that Nick runs his museum with his only desire being to share his passion for knowledge with others.

Visited December 2012
4 Thank Cheuk-Yin T
Buffalo, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“You will be pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

My 3 children and I had never heard of this place before and decided to give it a try. Like others had previously mentioned, driving to this part of town made me uncertain of what we were going to come across, but after checking out their website online, we gave it a shot.

As soon as we entered the building, I felt like we had stepped back in time. We could see old scientific equipment everywhere. We were greeted by Nick Dalacu who REALLY ads to the charm of the place.

Before starting out, Nick talked to us in the foyer for a little bit, inquiring about our backgrounds and interest in science. He let us walk around a little on our own before joining us for a more guided tour.

I was very amazed at all of the old equipment there, some of it behind glass, but most of it set up and apparently still working! Nick gave us a few demonstrations in various laboratories. One thing that is immediately clear is his great knowledge in many different areas of science as well as his enthusiasm that he has carried with him throughout his many years. The credibility that he brings to the tour significantly makes it more interesting. Without that, it might be difficult to figure out what each of the instruments are for, let alone how they work.

While the nearby Buffalo Museum of Science has a much bigger budget and has been around longer, their many displays behind glass don't give much desire for a return visit. The Niagara Science Museum is more hands-on and sparks imagination, investigation, and a sense of wonder in kids of any age. And, while the Niagara Science Museum operates on a much smaller budget, it's impressive what they have done with that.

So after having spent a good amount of time inside the museum, it actually seems very fitting for it to be located where it is. It would not have the same feel walking into it if it was in the middle of the populated tourist area of Niagara Falls.

This is one of those hidden gems in Western New York that will eventually become very well known...go NOW, take your family, your friends, your students...step back in time for a charming little adventure!

...and don't forget to take some cash along for the gift shop! Some really neat things there to help support a VERY wonderful asset here in our community.

Tom Kling and Kids

Visited September 2012
5 Thank Tom K
nicholas1111, Manager at Niagara Science Museum, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
This review is very nice and highly motivating! Thanks from the bottom of my heart.
Nick
Hamburg, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wow! One of the greatest education places I've been in a long time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Just the physical experiments in electricity and physics are worth the trip. However, I setup an appointment with Nick Dalacu to discuss some projects, so we could collaborate with my school to help the students find interesting and worthwhile photovoltaicprojects . The result of the visit was much better than I could have imagined. Nick is very knowledgeable about everything there and walked me through the evolution and process many electronic related components and devices. Our school is very fortunate to have such a knowledgeable and dedicated in our area. Thank you for all your assistance and what you have done.
I look forward to stopping by again.
Jessie Perison