“Terrific collection of early 20th Century scientific instruments used by physicists and engineers to develop the electrical powe”
Review of Niagara Science Museum - CLOSED

Niagara Science Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: Niagara Science Museum is located in the heart of, once vibrant, North end industrial area of Niagara Fall.
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Very interesting guided tour by Nick Dalacu. He has collected and preserved some very nice scientific instruments that were once widely used but are now largely forgotten and rarely seen. He demonstrates a number of science experiments using electricity and light. The progression of this type of work has now led to solar cell power. Don't be concerned about the appearance of the building from the outside; it will be spruced up eventually.

1  Thank Michigantraveler25

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I came to the museum with my parents and we were a bit shocked by the outside and the neighborhood. It looked a little scary to be honest but because it got such great reviews we gave it a shot anyways and were glad we did so. The collection is amazing and the tour guide, Nick, is extremely knowledgable on every peice on display. You get a much better one on one experience here than most museums offer. If science is your thing then I think you would find this small, charming museum worth the trip.

1  Thank ScientificFoodie
nicholas1111, Manager at Niagara Science Museum, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Scientific foodie: Because I like how you think, I guess I would enjoy tremendously your cooking. I am glad you mention the surroundings. Some people are coming to see our museum because of the good reviews. They park behind the building for a short while and then goes away afraid that our museum is a really bad tourist trap. Historically, the locals detest this once vibrant area and drive through in a hurry. For me it is where my dreams came true and much more importantly, it is where industrial America used to be.
It would be so simple to groom the neighbourhood, but it is the “North End”; it is like some influential people just like to keep the area like that.
I hope you will come back, Nick

Reviewed July 30, 2012

A wonderful collection of exhibits and history of science at the falls. Nick, the owner, took me around and explained the exhibits and the stories behind them. I never knew the Falls contributed so much to science. The collection of antiques is incredible. A great way to add some entertaining education to your vacation. And as a local science teacher , I will definitely bring my students here! Can't wait to go back and discover more at the Niagara Science Museum!!

1  Thank roaminromie
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This Museum is perfect for people interested in art, science, geology, chemistry, printing, alchemy, Tesla fans, etc. I found the museum to spark a fire of creativity in me. The antiques were like walking around a Tim Burton set; only MUCH, much more alive. The hospitality was IMPECCABLE!! I learn much about the items I viewed and felt soo welcome there to explore. The lighting made for excellent photos that will forever remind me of the joyful experience of touring the museum. N. Dalacu and other staff were a treasure to meet and only made the visit soo much more memorable!!! I brought home BEAUTIFUL jewelry that was on exhibit and was by NO means pressured to make a purchase or leave a donation; which they do accept. Admission is free. I knew I wanted to donate before I got there, and couldn't wait to after the tour! It's an amazing place everyone should see. I really teaches you our roots in science and where we came from with it! There are lots of surprising and BEAUTIFUL things collected there that can't be seen anywhere's else. I enjoyed the Alchemy room, the printing room, the fossils, and got to see a Tesla Coil in action!! I will be back to this museum as many times as I can from now on!!!

4  Thank Pixie N
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This museum is very special in its focus on 18-20 century physical science history. The collection in the museum is amazing. As an electrical engineering student, I enjoyed it very much. Especially rich in physical and electrical instruments. 19th century galvanometer, Michelson-Morley experiment demonstrations. Simulation of gas molecule movement in different temperatures, demonstration of sound wave propagation in air, etc. There is even a solar power plant. These are very inspiring for kids to get in touch with science vividly.
For anyone who is interested in the history of science this is a gem. You can see how science developed and changed the modern society. You can see with your eyes the electrons, the interference of light, the effect of static electricity, the integrated circuit under a microscope. The founder of the museum, Nick Dalacu, is very kind to us and passionate to science. He explained to us with a passion and answered every question we asked. There is even a small classroom for a group of kids.
It is essential that the young generation knows how science developed and led us to the present form and had an early interest in science. Science is like a heritage, we need to pass down the spirit and curiosity of science for generations. Otherwise we cannot survive as a civilization. Bring your kids to this museum while touring in Niagara Falls and they will love it.

2  Thank Zengxu