“Hockey stop. Okay, if you have to.”

Quality Hotel & Suites At the Falls
Ranked #26 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed here for a hockey tournament. It is as others have mentioned. The parking is the worst part. I wanted to leave right there and then, however, we wanted to stay with the team. At the last minute, a parking spot opened up. I felt better immediately when I got to the front desk. The front desk staff and concierge were very friendly!!! The hotel does have an odor. The restaurant and service there are both "meh". The bar attracts some characters at night, which roam around by the elevators because the restrooms for the bar are in the hotel. When we came back one night with the kids we ran into some intoxicated people using a lot of foul language. The room was fine...it worked. For the money, it was on par. The kids used the pool and had fun, however there was so much chlorine that many children in our group had red rashes the next day. The hotel is incredibly convenient to everything. There is a Starbucks right up the street, a Friday's and a Hard Rock nearby. We had maintenance help us with our TV and he couldn't have been more helpful or more friendly. So overall, if you have to stay here, it would be fine. HOWEVER, with all the choices...I'm not so sure I would choose this first.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Hotel & Suites At the Falls

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I had a lot of choice points to use so we picked this property because it was free, and free is the best price! We were only here one night while we did some shopping.

The parking is an issue, especially because there were two weddings happening that night. We did manage to find a spot though after we waited for someone to leave.

Our room was fine, very clean, good pillows, firm mattress and HBO on TV. The heat system was annoying.

We did use the hot tub which was nice, although the entire lobby does smell of smoke because of an indoor smoking room.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I'm afraid I will have to agree with a lot of the other reviews on here. We arrived late after a drive up from PA and was eventually given our keys to the room. When I got to the room I could not open the door. I went back down stairs, which took a good extra five minutes and was told that the handles turn up to open, even though they extend down! Now I travel a lot and for the life of me I can not understand what that is all about. Who in their right mind designs a door handle that opens upwards! Anyway the guy at reception apologised and said he should have told us!

Apart from this the place actually stunk of cigarettes and the rooms were deplorable. This place is not ideal, but the location is fantastic, actually great.

We did go down to the restaurant/bar and waited ten minutes for no one to seat us or pay us any mind so we left for the TGI Fridays down the road.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We had a very long trip on 12/30/13 the min I walked in at 9pm we had EXELCENT customer service from desk to other staff. We were treated like royalty and would go back instantly. Hotel is beautiful..

Room Tip: Just make the reservation and the Hotel will do the rest. They have great service.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian G
Christopher M, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites At the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

soop1975,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our Hotel. We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with us and hope we'll see you back in Niagara Falls, USA soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Dirty beds upon check in. Broken shower and toilets. No heat and snow inside window. Never saw housekeeping and you have to valet park but you may have to find and get your own vehicle to checkout. And mgr dont care rude and condescending.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Sabbbby
Christopher M, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites At the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Sabbbby,

I apologize you did not enjoy your stay with us. I assure you we care about each and every one of our guests and the experience they have at our property. Unfortunately the issues and concerns you addressed to me upon check out were not found upon investigation.

All of our guest rooms have individually controlled heating/air conditioning units. Upon investigating each of your guest's rooms the coldest room was at 70 degrees.

Upon investigating each of your rooms only your room had snow on the window sill, which was from the sliding window being cracked open 1 inch.

Our valet crew does park and retrieve vehicles unless guests specifically request something different.

Again, I do apologize and assure you we do care and address all valid concerns our guests have.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed here for my wedding on New Year's Eve. Front line staff were great and very accommodating. Waitresses in Legend's Restaurant are the saddest, rudest people on the planet. If you don't want to provide service, stay home. Walked in for dinner and waited and waited to at least get menus. Waitress kept walking by and pretended we weren't there. Other groups came in and got frustrated withe lack of service and left. We finally decided to get up and get menus ourselves. Still being ignored, the waitress helps a family that walked in after us. RUDE! Rude! Rude!

The hotel is a great landing place ( close to everything) but eat somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher M, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites At the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Korinne77,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our Hotel! I'm am glad to hear you found the hotel's staff very accommodating, and apologize about the experience you've descirbed at our in-house restaurant. I will share your comments with our restaurant's manager to ensure improved service.

Thank again for sharing your experience and I hope you'll stay with us again during your next trip to Niagara Falls, USA.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband and I were very pleased clean, friendly and close to the casino. I would return and also recommend it to others. I think a lot of people who don't write very nice things are expecting way too much for the price it was perfect. We had only one issue it was very hot in the room but when we left the next day we let them know at reception no big deal.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank skydome91
Christopher M, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites At the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

skydome91,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our Hotel! We are delighted to hear you found our accommodations perfect for you and your husband. I do apologize you found your room to be too hot; each of our guest rooms do have individually controlled heating and air conditioning units.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope we'll see you back in Niagara Falls, USA soon!