“A Perfect Experience! Class in a City With None!”
Review of Wine on Third

Wine on Third
Ranked #6 of 292 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Wine on Third is the premier fine dining, tapas and wine bar in Niagara Falls.
Virginia
“A Perfect Experience! Class in a City With None!”
Reviewed January 8, 2010

My husband and I set out on a Monday evening, after visiting the falls, to a restaurant that had been recommended by Trip Advisor, Cafe Lola. We had left our car in the park and decided to just walk over there. After passing every Indian buffet in the world we finally reach Cafe Lola to find that it was closed on Mondays! But next door was Wine On Third, a wine and tapas bar. What a pleasant experience. The atmosphere is great. It's a trendy little place with local artwork on the walls. They had wonderful drink options! We tried this strawberry wine smoothy that was to die for! Great on a hot summer night. Apparently it's won some awards. We ordered about 3 different tapas dishes. They all were wonderful and flavorful. We finished it off with chocolate cabernet ice cream with toasted pound cake! It was AMAZING! So much detail, so much flavor and the staff was very helpful and friendly. I'm glad that Cafe Lola was closed because we got to experience this place. Though I hear Cafe Lola is not to be missed too! So if you happen to be on the NY side of the falls it's definitely a classy, trendy alternative to Indian buffets and the Hard Rock Cafe. But you do have to walk a bit and the town itself is pretty awful. I don't know what it's trying to be. I didn't know whether we were safe or not. And I'm from Philly so I'm no stranger to cities. But this place was still worth it! A huge find!

1 Thank heza72

Toronto, Canada
“Enjoyable but not memorable”
Reviewed August 22, 2009

I have to say immediately that we ended up here by mistake. After reading all its great Tripadvisor reviews, we were originally headed for Caffe Lola. These two places are in the same building and under same management but keep different hours. So, to repeat myself, we found Caffe Lola closed on the evening of our visit but Wine on Third open. Me, I'm a meat/potatoes/beer guy, so wine bars don't usually much interest me. But these back streets of Niagara Falls are pretty bleak, so we decided to make Wine on Third our second choice, not wishing to wander further.

I suspect that an oenophile would find the short lists here quite mainstream and unexciting. Certainly, the beer list (about fifteen or twenty, all bottled) was mainstream and unexciting. OTOH, the small plate menu was varied and interesting. With everything prepared to order in the tiny kitchen just behind the bar, everything we ordered was served up hot and delicious. Considering the chic setting, prices were very reasonable, and service from the charming young bartender was friendly and efficient.

These two places are courageous ventures amidst this struggling town and merit support.

2 Thank Torontotraveller2