“Not sure what the hype is” 3 of 5 bubbles

Wine on Third
Ranked #5 of 289 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Wine on Third is the premier fine dining, tapas and wine bar in Niagara Falls.
“Not sure what the hype is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Now don't get me wrong, I love wine and think there should be more places like this around, just ran differently. Much. Differently.
We walked in, no greeting, not sure whether to find a seat or if we were to be seated. We sat down in these two chairs in the corner and waited for a more central or bar seat to open up. Our waitress came over and asked what we would like....and we said we weren't sure! No menus!
We got a appetizer and a glass of wine and got out of there. The app was way expensive but the wine was very good. It seems like tons of locals hang out here, and not so welcoming for the tourists. We didn't feel welcome, that's why we didn't stay for dinner.

2 Thank Rg0820

Cambridge, Ontario
“A little gem in Niagara Falls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a Groupon that we missed out on, but we were still able to apply the original amount to our bill, which was lovely! It was very busy, but we were greeted as soon as we came in. I ordered a martini and the waitress made an excellent wine suggestion for my husband. We had a variety of their small dishes and they have a small but eclectic menu. Everything was very good. I made a small suggestion for improvement to one dish and was thanked for it, which is unusual! Later we wanted a red wine and the waiter (yes, the waiter! We found out that they help each other out. They don't want patrons to be left unserved!) asked what we liked, and then he disappeared and came back with a small sample of his recommendation. It was fabulous! That was the icing on the cake! We had a great time and conversed with locals at near by tables. This is a great little place and we will be going back again!

Ruskin, Florida
“WHAT A JOKE THIS PLACE IS!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

IF I COULD LEAVE NO STARS I WOULD......what a joke this place is!!! i guess anything positive posted about this place was done by people who don't know or expect any better. yeah, there isn't a lot to choose from in the niagara falls area, but thankfully, since we walked out of this place i found SEVERAL MUCH BETTER PLACES TO EAT THAN HERE!!!!
to start off, our reservation that we made 3 days earlier was unaccounted for, nobody to greet you at the front door, just a bar full of locals hanging out. we walked in a bit more, the bartender/waiter/himbo told us to sit any place we wanted.
we were presented with 3 menus.....one for the bar, one for the restaurant wine on 3rd and one for their pizza joint next door. we ordered a martini, up and a bourbon press......asking for maker's mark. waiter had no clue of what bourbons they had, so i rattled off alist of 6 or so until he recognized one of the names. martini was served without any twist or olives, not even offered. my drink was served in a pint glass. for the next round i asked for the drink to be served in a shorter glass, he told be that the only time he's seen anybody drink bourbon it was in a big glass.
at that time he told us some of the specials....GA NAW CHI was his word for gnocchi and asked me to repeat it with proper pronounciation....letting me know he didn't even know what it was.
we were getting ready to order when 2 young women walked in and sat near us, that's when we became invisible........waiter forgot our waters, he kept reminding us he'd bring them, forgot to take our order, reminding us that he'd get to us. he's little brain was too overwhelmed with the 2 girls at the bar and the 2 sitting next to us. finally we just ask for the check....paid and got the heck out as fast as possible.

i guess i should thank WINE ON 3RD because of such crappy service we ended up going to another restaurant, much more classy, much more professional, much more polished....and it didn't have the stink of cigarettes coming in from the back door where the kitchen staff kept going out back to smoke in between orders.

my advise is to STAY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE from this unpolished, uneducated, sorry excuse for a restaurant.....terrible, terrible, terrible.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank pyramoon
Haslett, MI
“GREAT FOOD/GREAT SERVICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is NOT a place to miss, and I'm baffled how come it's rated #6 in Niagara Falls. We decided to spend our 20th anniversary in Niagara Falls a place my husband was born, but had not been back since 1972. He picked this restaurant after looking for places close to our accommodations. We confirmed with our hostess though prior to making reservations. She highly recommended it and we can certainly understand why. It didn't disappoint. We had wonderful seared scallops on leaks for an appetizer--YUM! Our entrees were a little late, but they apologized. It was all about the experience and it was a lovely experience.
The food was outstanding, our best meal while in Niagara. We could see there were 2 men serving the entire restaurant--they were doing a great job! Dessert was the carmel tart--YUMM! DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank J_JDuPuis
South Dennis, Massachusetts
“Don't miss this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

On the night of our 20th anniversary, we walked to this place for dinner. I had called earlier that day and made a reservation. The staff (only 2 guys!) were great, and very friendly. We ordered drinks and a shared plate of cheese melted on a lava rock (after being flambéed) which was amazing! I would highly recommend this place. It's small though, so make a reservation. Worth it!

Visited October 2013