“excellent selections”
Review of Wine on Third

Wine on Third
Reserve with OpenTable
Wine on Third is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 299 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Wine on Third is the premier fine dining, tapas and wine bar in Niagara Falls.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stopped by here to get some alcohol to pre-game in the hotel before we went out to gamble. There was such a wide variety that I had a hard time choosing my poison. The man who ran the place was very friendly and told us the history on some of the vintage bottles in the place. I stayed there for a good 15-20 minutes just browsing and chatting.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Went to wine on third based on the reviews.Had made a reservation but still had to wait a half hour even though there were 4 empty tables.Ordered the french onion soup,Came out cold,no broth just horrible.Next was the kobe burger thinking how bad can you screw up a burger,Well wine on third can do a pretty good job of it.Ordered medium came out cooked just slightly over raw on a stale bun,with truffle fries.Either my taste buds are shot or there was no truffle oil,Here's a tip for the kitchen staff toast the flippin bun and learn to cook a burger before applying for a restaurant job.Skipped dessert,thought i punished my stomach enough for 1 night.Service was horrible only one waiter.Paid the bill and apologized profusely to my guests as i recommended this place.

P.S. Dont know what kind of restaurants the other reviewers eat at,But if this a good restaurant i would hate to eat at a bad one they reviewed

2  Thank sam c
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Of our three nights in Niagara Falls, we ate here twice, yup it was that good. Loved the big chalk board with the wines listed behind the bar, and Tim, the Manager was very cool and helpful selecting wines. Nice atmosphere, modern wine bar but has a nice neighborhood feel, not too snooty. Since I'm originally from WNY, but out of the area for nearly 30 years I told manager Tim my perception of NY wine is that they are all sweet. Tim poured me a couple samples of good NY wine that definately changed my perception. He was really good about letting you get a taste of something if the bottle was open. The chef came out and visited with us, she is a vegetarian like my wife and they had a good chat about foods, cooking etc. Our meals were excellent, my wife really enjoyed the greek sampler and that is probably one of her all time favorites of any place we have traveled. I like the nicely prepared meatballs, excellent sauce, I could have eaten a lot more of those ! Definately a nice place to try for the wine lover who likes quality food all at a very reasonable price.

1  Thank jedidiah1899
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Very comfortable, good menu and good wines. Not over priced. Maybe too far to walk from the falls area (but we did anyway). A good meal is the best way to end the day!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

While traveling through the city of Niagara Falls, New York recently, we came across "a small swanky little restaurant" in the heart of the tourist district called "Wine on Third" which is located on the corner of Ferry Street and Third Street.

The restaurant is tastefully decorated and the ambiance at the "Wine on Third" is one of casual fine dining in a relaxed setting and also offers free parking.

Our waiter, Tim was both friendly and knowledgeable and provided excellent service throughout our dining experience there.

I ordered the American Kobe Burger with Aged Swiss, Caramelized Onion, Mushroom served with Truffle Potato Fries. My wife, Eileen had the Roasted Summer Vegetable Panini with Eggplant, Zucchini, Mushrooms, Provolone, Jalapeno Aioli and Chicken.

The plating of the food was aesthetically appealing, upscale in presentation and was served hot. Both our meals were absolutely delicious, to say the least.

As one might expect Wine on Third also has a rather large and varied wine list supporting many of the New York State wineries along with a vast array of good quality wines from around the world.

Overall, it was a very well priced, positive gastronomic experience and we would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to family, friends and fellow travelers.