“Convenient and value for money - simple on the outside, but very comfortable inside”

Rodeway Inn Niagara Falls
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

If you are ok staying at an Inn where you can park your car in fromnt of your room, then this place is very convenient and worth your money (less than $100 per night.)
- walking distance to Niagara Falls
- no frills on the outside, but very clean and comfortable inside (bedroom and bathroom)
- simple breakfast available
- friendly staff

The only thing that did not work is the safe and they also charge you for its use.
Overall, this is a good place to stay since we did not come here to enjoy the hotel, but to see the falls and attractions.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank JamesBon8

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

This hotel looks horrible from the street. I passed it up. It doesn't look like a hotel until you get behind the sourvenor/front desk??. The room was large, which 2 large queen beds, a microwave and refrigerator. The night time view was wonderful, seeing all of the canada skyline, during the day the view was horrible of a water filled parking lot? Oh well, well worth the price - it's quite and very close to the border, casino, etc.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank KSchmoot
Jersey City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2010

I stayed here overnight with my wife and parents from India. We checked in and went out, came back in night and checked out early in the morning. The room was clean, beds were tidy. Bathroom is big and very clean.

As my parents do not prefer outside food, the refrigerator and microwave was very useful to store some food and eat. Breakfast is not that great and also no tables so you have to bring it to room.

Also the place is very near to all the attractions and just 2 blocks away from the Aquarium and Discovery centre. One big advantage was that they allowed me to park my car for the day even after I checked out next day. So it saved me may be a couple of bucks.

Overall the stay was very nice and value for money. I would recommend this to others.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank priyabrata
Essex, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2010

We drove up to this motel behind a liquor store and to be quite honest, were a bit alarmed as it looked kind of dodgy lol! But after a really long day exploring Niagara Falls this place was absolutely fine. The room and bathroom were both big and clean and had everything you'd need in them. The location was good and close to the Falls. We literally only slept here, arriving at gone 10pm and leaving by 9am the following morning, but as a stopover on a little driving tour of New York state this suited our needs just fine and I wouldn't feel bad recommending this place to anyone looking for budget accomodation in such a touristy area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mistress_Yorkie
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2009

This was my second experience with rodeway and we had a nice time there. Stay was very comfortable and we had a half continental breakfast, meaning they did not have a wide variety of items for breakfast, but just enough to fill. Rodeway inn is pretty close to the Falls and still offers better price for the services they are offering. The only issue we had with their service was they did not keep any medicine kit(with general medicines like tylenol. iboprufen) at the front desk. Hence we had to go out in search of a pharmacy which consumed a lot of time, since this was an emergency situation, we didnt any stock medicine during the trip.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank ajgeo
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2009

My husband and I stayed in Rodeway Inn hotel when we went for a vacation in Oct 2009. I believe we were the only people in the hotel. Maybe people avoid it because it does not look very nice and posh from outside, just a normal Motel. But I was amazed by the interior of the room. They were very neat and they had a TV, fridge, coffee maker, microwave oven, writing table with separate pull out provision for laptop, very neat bathroom and the highlight is that they had two large queen tempur-pedic beds. I have never seen such a comfortable bed in any hotel that I have stayed. The bed and the pillow were so comfortable that I didnt even want to get out of bed.

The staff were so nice and helpful. Usually I just find creamer near the coffee machine. I felt really happy when the staff gave us an small packet of milk too to have with coffee.

Location is very near the falls that we just walked over to the falls at the day time and even at night. The staff are available 24 hrs in the hotel. Parking is just outside your room if you are on the ground floor. There is a small gift shop near the rooms and thats where the staff is available.

They provide complimentary breakfast, not very detailed but just cereals, juice, muffins etc which were more than enough for me and my husband.

All this for 65$ per day.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank enteyatra
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

Its close to "Rainbow Bridge" thats why I choose this. Rates are comparitively lesser.

Front Desk Guy really helped us.. took the CRIB.. he was excellent. Room was cozy and renowed one. Bathroom was clean.. Bed was nice... BUT....... Balcony was dirty... spiders nested everywhere where I can even manage. What I could not manage was... housekeeping lady smokes cigarattes everywhere in the hotel area. Mixture of non-smoking and smoking rooms.. in the same balcony.

WORST thing was.. Front Desk LADY "extremely" watched our every moments and rolled eyes when we go for breakfast as if we loot the (tiny) breakfast cereal box.. It was EXTREMELY embarassing us, that too with two little babies.. Also, no place to sit and have food which is understandable, but with two little babies we have to take muffins and milk inside room or to hav food inside the car. Though it was allowable, we were embarrassed the way she looks at us and shrugged her shoulder as if we are thieves.. Just couples or singles can stay here. I defintely NOT recommend this hotel to the families with babies. Adios..

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family