“Thank you for taking care of us” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn Niagara Falls

Rodeway Inn Niagara Falls
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Whitby, Canada
“Thank you for taking care of us”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

My wife and I were stuck in Niagara NY at the border with Immigration issues. We were distraught, tired and didn't have much money. We had to stay 7 nights and the staff at Roadway Inn did everything they possibly could to help us, including discounting the room as best they could, checking on us every day and suggesting cheap ways to feed ourselves. An in-room microwave and fridge helped with this. We looked at many other cheap hotels in the area and none compared to this one at the given rates. No dirty carpets or bad smells, clean washrooms, hard wood floors and all new Tempur-pedic memory foam beds. The WIFI internet never lost signal and was very strong on IPhone, Blackberry and Laptops. If you are looking for any better than this, you will have to pay for it at the Sheraton, but I would have to say this is by far the cleanest, coziest hotel with the fairest rates in Niagara NY

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew265

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

Had 2 nights in a great king bed. Clean room and friendly staff. Walking distance to falls and casino. Don't take room 19 or 20 they get all the noise. Will return however will request main floor. Did not try contential breakfast, only coffe and bagel. Denny's just a small block away. I've stayed at Days Inn next door and will not go back. The room had all the amenities, microwave, safe, tv, blow dryer, iron and board. I can't say enough about this motel. It looks tired on the outside just like the rest of Niagara Falls NY, but we love the casino and will be returning again in a few months. Book now and have fun.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Cocktails42
Mumbai, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

Its the best value for money place strictly from the location point of view. The park entrance is a short walk away. The rooms are also okay. But for the rest, its a very sad place. The staff can be rude at times, the breakfast atrocious and the area where it is located (next to a gas station) is sad.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

We decided to take a mid-winter trip somewhere and chose Niagara falls. When we arrived at the Rodeway inn the building was obviously empty as a fresh snow had just fallen and there were no signs of activity anywhere. My first thought was, Oh boy empty Hotel..not good. Then I discovered the office was located in a convenience store in the parking lot. My second thought was also..not good. I assumed we were going to interrupt some bored convenience store clerk and get treated as such. Wrong. From the start every Desk staff working there were friendly, professional, and helpful. We checked into a ground floor room which proved to be clean, of decent size, and comfortable. It showed none of the signs you might expect from an off-season room. No dust and smelled fresh. The memory foam mattresses where very nice. All in all a nice room. Location seemed pretty good. While it wasn't right next to the falls it would be a short walk in warmer weather and only a minute or two by car. We were able to watch the 9pm fireworks over the falls from our parking lot. There was also a nice little aquarium a little behind the hotel. The hotel offered a free continental breakfast however when I went over in the morning the clerk informed me the the delivery never showed up(My guess is based on the number of guests,just us, they had just chosen not to deliver any). The clerk called their sister property down the street and got us a free hot breakfast at that hotel, no complaints there. Same thing happened the following morning, again no complaints. All in all a positive experience and as a side note, I highly recommend seeing Niagara falls during the cold weather. It takes on a whole different look when everything is frozen.
Just to reiterate, we were very impressed with the staff in the hotel office. We had 4 different people during our stay and all of them were very professional.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank gbstone
Central New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

I am an above knee amputee and reserved the accessible room so I could have an accessible bathroom/shower. Good thing I'm not wheelchair dependent and can use crutches when I travel because this room would not be considered accessible in my opinion for anyone dependent on a wheelchair. The entrance door is wider than the others, but once inside the room the set up isn't so accessible - it really isn't different from any room. The room has a refrigerator and a microwave concealed nicely in an attractive cabinet - unfortunately the bed is across from it and I couldn't imagine using my wheelchair between them easily without scratching the cabinet and/or banging my knuckles on it. The bathroom itself was great with regard to accessibility though (large, would be easy to maneuver even in a power chair) and the shower seat was a sturdy one that is bolted to the wall of the shower and can fold up if it isn't needed. My accessibility needs were met, yours may not be.

As a motel, it's a nice room overall. The wi-fi was a good strong connection (no password needed), nice large desk, in-room safe (though if in a wheelchair wouldn't be the easiest to use), comfy bed, plenty of towels, wall-mounted TV with lots of cable stations (but no tv station listing that I could find). It would have been nice if the TV wires could have been hidden better (but I'm an electrician's daughter and raised with the idea that no wires should ever be visible so it's probably more my issue than anything). Ability to control heat level of room (was set to 76 when I arrived and was promptly turned down a good 10 degrees). The one picture in the room was kind of a chintzy poster print of Maid of the Mist and was above the bed. The rest of the room furniture and bedspread in my opinion warrant a bit nicer of a decoration and the wall across from the bed would have looked nicer with something on it. That being said, I got the room for a good price with a AAA discount going right through the Choice Hotels website.

Physical location, however, was not so good. I am up early this morning (it's almost 5 a.m. EST now) and have been up easily for a good hour or so now because of some guy yelling outside with 30 minute intervals between episodes. As a single female with a disability traveling alone here there's no way I was going to open the door and ask for him to quiet down, esp. because it would be pretty easy to figure out what vehicle is mine (in accessible room, parked in handicap spot with handicap plates) and don't want to risk having my vehicle damaged - no good can come from a guy yelling twice in the dead of night. I think so long as you keep to yourself and have nothing visible inside your vehicle you're fine. The neighborhood is rather run down and was probably more in its heyday 30 or so years ago which kind of surprised me given its close physical proximity to the falls.

For the price and overall room experience I'd stay again. Not sure I'd recommend it to higher brow friends though because of the neighborhood factor.

Room Tip: If you need to have a truly accessible room you'd probably be better off at a different location...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

It was clean and they were friendly. The reception was a convenience store and open 24 hours. It have a microwave, mini fridge and safe. The foam memory mattresses, were so comfortable. A little noisy at times, but my kids and I loved it. Will definitely go back and will recommend. There sister hotel is located across the street where you can use their pool. We only stayed one night but now I will go and stay there on a regular basis.

Room Tip: If you are planning on doing alot of shopping... get a room on the 1st floor, (hehehe)
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Hamiller
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Rodeway Inn for a night in our visit to Niagara Falls and Buffalo (we live in Canada). As commented before, the reception is located in a convenience store separated from the 2-storey room building. I had to deal with 3 different people in the reception at different times and they were nice to us. One of them actually was very gentle when explaining to us how to walk to the falls (it was late night and dark outside).
The room was nice considering that the outside of the building looks a bit old. The room includes a mini fridge, microwave oven and safe. The bed was comfortable, seemed to have a pillow-top and the linens were clean. The bathroom looked very clean too.
The hotel is located just 5 min walk from the Rainbow Bridge and 10 min from the Falls. There are some fancier hotels in the zone too, but, at least in our research, they charged much more than Rodeway. We ended up paying around $60 plus tax for the night.
Overall, considering that we only planned to stay a few hours to sleep and rest while being strategically located, Rodeway Inn offered a very good value for our money. We are likely to stay there in our next visit to Niagara Falls.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple