“Don't even think about staying here, NASTY!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Passport Inn 3rd Street

Passport Inn 3rd Street
Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Mexico, New York, USA
“Don't even think about staying here, NASTY!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Unbelievable! I was charged $125.00 for a non-smoking room with a king size bed. I wasn't expecting a luxury suite however, I would not let an animal stay here. My husband and I checked in at 5pm and were given room #114, 2nd level. I honestly thought the stairs were going to crumble! Upon entering the room, we were literally hit with the worst smell of stale cigarette smoke (booked a non-smoking room) and filth. For starters, the window was broken and could not be opened. Obviously had not been touched, due to numerous spiders, including baby ones and dead insects hanging in the cobwebs. The bathroom was one of the worst I have ever seen, filth, grime, cracked tiles, and a nasty tub with mold. I did notice there were probably 20 sheets of toilet paper left on the roll, with NO other roll available. The fan vent was broke, probably due to the motor burning up because of 6 inches of filth that had built up on the vent ridges. The mini refrigerator looked as though it had never been defrosted and the interior was dirty, with a pool of unknown muck at the bottom. The microwave looked as though it had never been cleaned, crusty explosions of crusty food all over the inside. The bed was horrifying and should have been burned. The boxspring was literally in shreds, the sheets were stained and looked as though they had not been washed recently. I would not leave my belongings in this room. After 10 minutes, my husband and I left to get dinner and decided we would NOT be staying here. We only went back to take pictures of the room for documentation and left to try and find another room in Niagara Falls on a Friday night. Upon leaving the door key with the desk attendant, he did not want to talk about the issue, had another individual in the office and basically waved us out. Definitely put a huge damper on a celebration weekend my husband and I had planned. Luckily we were able to find another motel. Let me say, we were not looking for a luxury suite, as we would not be spending much time in the room. The only thing I insist on is a clean room and a bed I am not afraid to sleep in. I am amazed that this place has not been shut down.

Room Tip: Always check trip advisor for reviews of lodging!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tr8cie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Korean first
Malaga, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed in Passport Inn for two nights. We didn't expect much for $55/night and I guess we got what we paid for. The room was very dark and it smelled like cigarettes, even though it was a non-smoking room. The sheets were clean but the rest of the room wasn't really.
The receptionist wasn't very helpful or kind but we didn't need much more than the key so we had no problems.
It is very close to the Rainbow bridge and all the attractions on the American side.

Room Tip: On the upper floor you might wake up by the noise of squirrels jumping on the roof.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Georgina81

Travelers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

Brampton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

Spent 1 night (1 night too many) December 31st, 2010. The smell in the main office should have been my first guess that this place was not clean. Foolish me. The floors were sticky and dirty. Because it was New Years Eve we spent $140.00 for 1 night. We would have been better off sleeping in a tent for the night. This motel is not only old dirty and out dated, there was no hot water, a broken lamp shade and the bed spread was older than my mother. We had very little toliet paper on the roll in the bathroom and no back up roll to be found. I'm not partial to Curry, however we had to spray our room to get the smell out. Thank God for travel size air fresheners. I would not recommend this motel for anyone with a weak stomach. We checked out quickly in the morning so we could get home and air out our luggage and have a long hot shower. Please do yourself a favour and never book a room. If someone out there has friends who are health inspectors take a walk about. It's not fit to live in. Soap and Water cannot help this place. Good luck to the next victims of this night mare.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Cocktails42
TodVogelsang
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

For $49 it's hard to complain. I was towing a small trailer behind my truck and the owner ler me park in a chained off lot they own across the street. The TV, microwave, and fridge all worked. The sheets were clean and the A/C was cold. The fan in the bathroom was loud, and the carpet well worn. I did smell cigs but it wasn't strong. I wouldn't have a problem staying here again by myself. I've spent much of the past 12 yrs traveling the US and Canada and this was by far on the lower end of where I would normally stay, but for $50 I don't expect much. I normally look for rooms in the $80-90 range but was very tired and took a chance on this place. I keep reading all these horrible reviews for the many local motels and have to wonder, what do people expect for $40-70 a night in Niagara Falls? I mean seriously, the weather sucks there 7 months a year. Most of the rooms are empty during those months. How do people expect a property owner to supply anything but a crappy room and breakfast for less then $80-100 a night. LOL , You get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank TodVogelsang
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

The location is good..about 10 mins walking from Falls park. You will get a good Indian restaurant just beside the motel. It's very basic anddon't expect luxary over here. People in budget can choose this. Support staffs are nice and helpful. But doesn't have elivator to go to second floor. Rooms, beds, bathrooms are clean but not equipped with everythings. But if you ask for extra towel etc, you will get thsi. The floors are broken somewhere but not dangerous.

• Liked — Location and warmth of people
  • Disliked — Room can be better
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank sandipdatta
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2007

It would be more sanitary to stay in a park bench than this dump. We were a group of 12 and could not find a hotel close to the falls on the NY side so we stayed in the Passport Inn “Coachman motel”. What a mistake! First you do not get a refund after you have check so ones you sign that is it. At first view the room was bearable but as time passed by more things emerged. All bed spreads were stained with God knows what, mind you we had three rooms, and one room heater did not work. The carpet was all sticky with grime, bathroom AND bath towels were full of other people’s hair. It seems they do not wash anything in these rooms. Remote did not work and we could not put anything in the refrigerators they had in the rooms since they were disgusting. The ceiling of one room was falling and another person in the Motel had insects on the beds. DO NOT STAY HERE you could get something much, much better for the same price and if you do not find anything in NY just stay in the Canada side. I just regret not taking photos so people could bealive me.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank eduardo_j
Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2006

Dirty !!! TV not working. I would not waste my time with this place again !! Was not my choice i was part of a bus trip !!! Shower and bathroom were disgusting !!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — This place is DIRTY !!! My least favorite thing was when i was in the dirty room
  • Stayed October 2006
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)