“LauraLee is awesome”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Niagara Falls
Rainbow House Bed and Breakfast and Wedding Chapel
Ranked #3 of 13 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 8, 2009

My sister got married in January at the Red Coach Inn in Niagara. LauraLee did the ceremony, flowers and cake. She was so amazing and helpful!!! My sister's wedding wouldn't have been as beautiful if we didn't have LauraLee's help! If you are planning a wedding in Niagara Falls I highly suggest that you call her! I'm so glad we did

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed October 14, 2008

We did not stay at the Rainbow House but used their Wedding Services for our Wedding.

LauraLee set up our ceremony, photographer, video, cake, and flowers....all for a reasonable fee.

Our wedding was everything we could hope for, a ceremony by the falls, beautiful flowers, photographer and video there on time with pictures available the next day, our cake was delicious and LauraLee even recommended an excellant place for dinner.

It is difficult to plan a destination wedding when you are not able to see things and set them up in person. We had a lot of difficulty with people not returning phone calls etc..., but LauraLee was wonderful and took the stress out of the majority of our plans. Thank you LauraLee.

My husband and I would recommend her wedding services and bed and breakfast to anyone. Between us, we have several years in the industry and know great service when we get it.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2008

When my husband and I were planning our trip to Niagara Falls, we wanted someplace close to the falls, comfortable, friendly service with reasonable rates, and free parking.

We found all that and more at Rainbow House B&B.

Laura Lee, the owner, was extremely helpful. When we asked, she provided us with information about the area, recommendations on when, where, and what sites were worth seeing, etc.

When we arrived, she metioned that the room we had booked hadn't been cleaned yet, so would we mind taking the Bridal Room, instead? The free upgrade was a nice surprise for us.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable, and it was nice to stay in a place with some character, instead of a cold hotel room.

The morning breakfast was fantastic. The 3-cheese omlet was good and the the cinnamon buns were great - especially since they were just out of the over. We had some nice conversation with the other guests over breakfast.

Our only dissapointment was that we weren't staying another night~

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2008

This is an OK place except for a couple of items:
1. Cats roam about the house, so if you are allergic, you will not want to stay here.
2. There is currently no Internet access. They talk about picking up wireless from across the street but I was not able to get any worthwhile performance. They have cable Internet access, but do not share it with the guests.
3. We stayed in a room for $85 before taxes and it was really small. You might want to ask for the number of square feet. Everything was small, particularly the bathroom.

The breakfast was OK and Laura Lee is very nice and has nice friends. The parking was excellent. It is fairly close to the falls.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank menlodesigns
Reviewed July 12, 2008

My (new) husband and I were looking for a simple place to be married, quietly and stress free and we found just that! Laura Lee is the best. I had called and/or emailed a few different places in Niagara Falls. We chose Rainbow house after one conversation with Laura Lee. She took care of all the details; all we had to do was show up. We stayed in the Honeymoon suite and everything was just perfect. The bed was the most comfortable of anywhere I ever stayed. And the balcony was one of our favorite places. Even though the house is in the middle of a busy area, our surroundings never gave that away and we were relaxed and uninterrupted by the bustle of the “city”. The gardens and tastefully decorated home was peaceful and private. Breakfast was delicious. We had hot coffee (& tea or hot cocoa is available as well), fresh fruit, homemade eggs (cheesy eggs - yum) and bacon and excellent cinnamon buns! There is no TV in the room, but you are welcomed to use the one in the communal living room. We rarely ran into other guests except for occasional during breakfast, but there is plenty of room for all. Laura Lee married us right along side the rapids above the falls in a beautiful ceremony and Harvey was our photographer who kept us laughing and relaxed. We really couldn’t have asked for any better.

During our stay it was a short walk (12-15 mins) to the American falls, 5 mins to the Seneca Casino & buffet, Starbucks, 10 mins Red Coach Inn Restaurant (very good).

The only negatives I could warn you about are the crowds at the falls during the holiday… Laura Lee suggested we do the “attractions” during the week, but we didn’t listen and paid for it! The lines were incredible. Plan to share your space with a wide variety of ethnic groups. On the 4th we went to watch the fireworks at the falls, space was at a premium and I heard so many different languages and accents that I lost count. Definitely go into the state park and get your ticket for the attractions there. Beware of the tourist traps just outside the park.

Canada does have the best view of the falls but I liked the NY side much better for the parks (Goat Island). If you want to experience the convenience of shopping/restaurants/attractions drive over to the Canadian side for a day (passport is best, but I understand picture driver’s license and birth certificate is good too). And make sure you go to the Sklon restaurant. At over 500ft high we ate in the revolving restaurant. Pricey at $230 (including tip) for dinner, but well worth it as we ate very well (filet mignon & seafood) and had a few cocktails. The elevator ride up the outside of the tower, overlooking the falls is not to be missed. Make a reservation well in advance if you want to see the nighttime views of the falls. Some of the pics I posted were taken from the restaurant. Hope you have as much fun as we did. We can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank judyaka03
Reviewed June 12, 2008

My wife and stayed at the Rainbow House the night of May 31. It's in a convenient location near the casino and next door to the Hampton Inn. It's a nice Victorian house. The ground floor has a community living room and dining room. Nice period furniture and decor. There is also a wedding chapel, for those who are so inclined.

Since only one other room was occupied that night, Laura Lee upgraded us to the bridal suite. The room was very large, clean, and nicely furnished. A couple of things could stand improvement, however. First, the room had standard modern wall-to-wall carpet instead of the expected hardwood floors - It just looked out of place. Second, the shower, while clean, was ready to be refurbished. It was just worn out.

Breakfast was fantastic. Laura Lee is a terrific cook.

• Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed January 2, 2008

We stayed here for 1 night after I had tried to book another place online but they were full. They recommended 2 other nearby sites, one of which was the Rainbow House. Called there and talked to Laura Lee who was great. She had a cancellation and had 1 room available. We were not sure what to expect since I hadn't checked out the site before hand but we were pleasantly surprised. We stayed in the Light house room (Room #4), which had a comfortable bed and small bathroom with shower. The room was very clean and had great towels in the bathroom. The breakfast was a large plate full of fruit along with orange juice, coffee, great cinnamon buns, scrambled eggs and Canadian bacon. Laura Lee also called the Red Coach Inn and made a reservation for us. She is very helpful and really seems to enjoy helping others.

It is located close to the American Falls and a couple hundred feet from the Seneca Niagara Casino for those who like to gamble.

It was a great stay and I would definitely stay there again.

One thing to note for those who have allergies is that there is a cat there but I don't know whether it has free run of the house or not and it was outside quite a bit.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple