“Sorry our stay was so short”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Niagara Falls
Park Place Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 13 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed here with my mother, grandmother, brother, and his wife, and we all had an amazing time, albeit a short one. This century old home is beautifully decorated, and very well maintained from top to bottom. It was the perfect mix of early 20th century, and modern convenience. We had the entire third floor to ourselves, and fortunately for my 80 year old grandmother, there was an elevator from the ground floor right to her bedroom.

Mark was very friendly, very knowledgeable about the surrounding area, and very hospitable. It almost felt like I was staying with a close relative. The grand marnier, creme brulee french toast in the morning was an unexpected, and delicious surprise as well. :)

Finally, the proximity to the falls can't be beat. It's a short walk, or even shorter trolly ride, and you're there. I can't recommend this place enough, and I look forward to my next opportunity to visit.

Room Tip: If you require 3 rooms, the private 3rd floor is the way to go. It's like a home within a home.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank DanGassner

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The home was lovely and in a quiet, historic neighborhood. Mark was most accommodating as our host. The walk to the pedestrian bridge took about 20 minutes, not the 5-10 minutes that was indicated. There is a designated trolley stop a block and a half away, that had we known about earlier, we would have used. Our bedroom was just as pictured on the website. The adjoining bathroom was a nice bonus for privacy. We tried to use the window a/c unit but found that the filter was in desperate need of cleaning.
The next morning we relaxed on the front porch while waiting for breakfast. We had to draw Mark's attention to the broken porch swing, which was covered by a cushion and could have been disastrous if it had been sat on. He knew about it, but forgot to get it fixed.
Mark fixed a wonderful 3 course breakfast for the three couples that attended. The table was set with nice place settings and a bouquet of flowers.
Parking is out on the street in front of the B&B.
For the price, I don't think that I will ever do this again especially since we were not as close to the border crossing as I thought we would be. The 1 hour walk coming back from Canada included a 20 minute wait to get thru Customs. If you are not in good physical shape this may be too much for some.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BELLHEAD32927
ParkPlaceBB, Owner at Park Place Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

I am always compelled to respond to a review that is less than above average for us at park Place because we always strive to do better and provide our guests with an exceptional visit. We want to understand why a particular guest gave us a less than great review. In this case there seems to be a lot of inaccurate information in this guest review.

It is inaccurate to state that we claim to be a 5 minute walk to The Falls. It is inaccurate to say we do not inform our guest about transportation to the Falls. It is inaccurate to state that our parking is in the street only. It is inaccurate to infer that we have anything to do with the US/Canada customs process.

We have never advertised that our B&B is a 5 minute walk to the Falls. We state on our website a 10 minute walk. I tell our guests that I am a healthy 51 year old male and it takes me 10 minutes. The fact is it is 8 tenths of a mile to Niagara State Park and the Falls, I measured it. 9 blocks. The average person walks 4 MPH. That is a 12 minute walk. It is even closer to the Rainbow International Bridge to Canada but I am afraid we have no control over how the USA or Canada controls their customs process. I tell our guests it is a 20-25 minute walk to the tourist area of Niagara Falls Ontario PLUS any border delay.

When our guests arrive I give them a full understanding of where they are, parking restrictions, and directions to the Falls. This includes to this guest. She either didn't her me or was not listening. I explain that the Aquarium is 3 blocks away and that there is a trolley station there that will take you directly to the Park. I show this on our local "Walking Maps" we provide. I explain that I have private parking behind our B&B but you are also welcome and able to park in the street under certain City of Niagara Falls restrictions.

Regarding her comments on our broken porch swing, a guest had broken the swing the evening prior. Before I could remove or fix the swing they noticed it. I think it a little unfair that she should ding us on a review for something that never happened "It could have been disastrous if it had been sat on.." "How much pain they have cost us, the evils that have never happened" Thomas Jefferson.

In summer our air conditioners get a great deal of use and the filters get clogged very quickly. I take full responsibility for the lack of cleaning of the filters during her stay. I literally had this cleaning scheduled for after she left but missed it. The filters need to be cleaned weekly in summer due to use.

Lastly she dings us for a 1 hour walk from Canada and a 20 minute delay at customs. The Canadian border is as close to Park Place Niagara Falls NY is. 8 tenths of a mile. We have no control over customers and I think it unfair to blame Park Place for something we have no control over.

I am sorry to vent but this review tries to lend a poor light on us and it does so full of inaccurate information. Trip Advisor won't remove it even though and we have to suffer our business as a result. Perhaps a hotel stay would be better suited for this guest.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our family stayed here with both sets of grandparents in three different rooms. We enjoyed our stay! Our parents had an amazing time and we all didn't want to go to our next place because it was going to be at a hotel! It was so peacefully and relaxing. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were decorated so nicely.The owner accomodated to mine and another guest dietary needs for breakfast. The breakfast was abosolutely amazing...we were full! He also gave you great tips on what to go see and eat.
We highly recommend staying here and would stay again if we were to return to Niagara. Thank you Mark for making us feel so welcome...family from Colorado!

Room Tip: I think any room you choose will be fine.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Lve2travel_9
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

My family of 11 stayed at the James G Marshall house located at 740 Park Pl., Niagara Falls, NY for eight days. Great place for a large family. Seven bedrooms and six bathrooms. Historic home with class. Owners very nice and accommodating. Everything you want to do at Niagara Falls is within walking distance. Quiet neighborhood. Great weather. Overall a pleasant place to vacation. We rented the whole house for our family so we did not do the bed and breakfast experience but I bet that is great also.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Jgiberson1959
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I along with our 2 guests had a wonderful stay. The host Mark was helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. Breakfast at the Park Place B&B was wonderful. Mark pays attention to the details on the breakfast table including fresh flowers for the center piece. The food was good and plentiful. It was served in courses starting with a fruit bowl, then yogurt with fruit followed by the main dish. He did ask before our arrival if we had any special dietary concerns he should avoid.

I normally don't sleep well in new places but I slept fine both nights. Our bed was comfortable. The room had a window air conditioner that we could set to our liking.

The location of the B&B is close enough to the sights that you could walk there in 10 or 15 minutes.

We would definitely stay here again if we come back to the Falls.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank The_Baird_Family
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Beautiful area and home. Sitting on front porch drinking coffee. Nice room, private bath. Old world feeling. Owners very friendly and helpful with area info. Good homemade breakfast. Would definetly stay again if in area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank LCWorkPlayTrav
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Mark bent over backwards in every way to make our stay amazing. Let's start with the house - beautiful old mansion with so many nooks and crannies. Beautiful period furniture throughout and the fluffiest towels you could hope for. The mattress and pillows were a little past their prime but I slept like a baby every night. Breakfast was more than I could have hoped for and kept us full until late afternoon. In order to accomodate my need for a gluten free breakfast, we had eggs Benedict over potato pancakes one morning - how has no one put this together before? There was also a big bowl of fruit and yogurt each morning, a great spread of teas and breads. Mark also helped us find amazing things to do in the area and this was easily the best part of a 10 day vacation across western ny.

I would stay here again anytime I'm in niagara falls

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends