“style, then substance” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
GRAND ISLAND
“style, then substance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

in a tourist-trap area, this odd-looking semi-diner within sound of the falls is much better than it needs to be, with a nifty assortment of variously prepared hot dogs and hamburgs and quite decent service... save dessert for the Twist of the Mist custard stand next door, perhaps operated by the same proprietors

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Indonesian first
Spencerport
“Lucky find after expensive day at the falls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

At nine PM we lucked onto this cool little place at 28 Niagara Street, Niagara Falls NY. We had been at the falls all day with our 4 year old grandson spent nearly $80 on crap falls food. We were delighted to find a huge, cheap food menu with too many selections to believe. The hots and fries were so good w bought some for the ride home. The two young men behind the counter were prompt, very curteous, and so friendly. The food was a dog lovers paradise, next time I am going to eat as many different burgerrs as I can.. The menu also includes seafood dinners and baskets,wings, salads, sandwiches beef, warps and subs.. I highly recommend the Misty Dog, especially to families as they are very kid friendly. Two thumbs up guys

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Suzanne F
Ruther Glen
“MMMM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

This was right across the street from our hotel, so we hit this place up 3 times. Everything we had was good, and compared to the other restaurants the price was right.

Visited July 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“"Soggy" Dog Grill is Over The Hill”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

YUCK! Bad, bad, bad! I hate to be negative but this place sucks (if you are not a drunk or high young adult, I guess). To be fair, this was the only time I tried it. I come to Niagara once a year and my cousin, who lives here (Niagara Falls, NY) suggested it. My cousin, nephew and I placed our order. We were only the third party to do so (basic burger, turkey burger, veggie burger, sweet potato fries). After waiting over 20 minutes at a dirty table (that was still cleaner than the other disgusting tables), we went to the window to ask about our order because the group after us had received theirs. The guy told us they didn't have turkey burgers and asked what else we wanted, 20 plus minutes later. I asked why we were not told that when we place the order, he said "I don't know, I didn't take your order." Really! Really? There were only three guys working there together and he's telling me after 20 minutes at a fast food place that my nephew can't have his turkey burger. He did not care and put no effort into the resolution. Nobody there cared. When we got the order, all three burgers were cold, small, and just bad. Maybe the hot dogs are better but I am not going to bother to find out. This place takes your money and gives you crap - and they don't worry about it because they have this attitude that these "tourists" who visit Niagara, perhaps once in their lives, won't be coming back and they can eat the crap food and leave. I take this personally. I was born in Niagara Falls and half my relatives still live here. I tell you, I spoke to the employees nicely. I explained I was in the food business for 14 years and this should not be happening. They DID NOT CARE, AT ALL. I would like to think the absent owner does not want this. I saw that the other customers there were not happy as well. The place was not busy and you had to wait close to a half hour for your crap. When I say "not busy" I mean 8 people the whole time we were there. Three employees, two making the food. It just sucked. These people should not be in the restaurant/service business. I never thought I'd be one of "those" people to write one of "these" reviews - but here it is. This really disappointed me, and my cousin. It did change hands recently, so, maybe, that is the cause. A lot of the good reviews here are older reviews. Too bad. My stomach is still queazy as I write this. I had the luke warm (at best) veggie burger and I do not feel well as I am writing this. Too bad. I wish I had known.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Iquitos Amazon Region, Peru
“Great Food - Great Service - Great Location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

Most of the food in Niagara Falls is tasteless and pricey, this is NOT the case at the Misty Dog Grill! Simple good diner food at an outdoor stand. Fast Service, Great Value and Family friendly atmosphere. They are located right across the street from the American Falls parking lot. Several tables outside to eat at.

• Visited August 2011