“Not very authentic”

Hamilton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not very authentic”
Reviewed August 11, 2009

After reading the reviews and longing for a good Mexican dinner my wife and I decided to try La Galera on Monday August 3. We have dined in Mexican Restaurants in Texas,Colorado, Chicago ( large Mexican population) and in Mexico. La Galera is not authentic in our minds.The food was mediocre at best. My Fajita came not hot and sizzling but tepid and very greasy. My wife had a combination and it was just OK.The service was good I must say. I know we won't try it a second time.As far as comparing it with a restaurant on Main St. the writer must have been referring to Casa Cardenas.The food there was much better than La Galera.

1 Thank chicke16

Niagara Falls
“awesome food! great value.”
Reviewed July 3, 2009

I eat here probably once a week. Its a really big menu so there is a lot to choose from. The chicken Rellena is my favorite. I highly recommend it!

Niagara Falls, NY
“We eat here often”
Reviewed June 28, 2009

It really isn't too appealing from the outside, but the food is good! The owner is very nice and since opening is slowly but surely making little changes to improve the atmopshere. They added tv's not too long ago. We are always seated quickly and great chips and salsa are brought to the table right away. They will adjust menu items to your liking if they can and food is served quickly. The service is consistently good as is the food. Even though this is not something they regularly do, they sang Happy birthday in Spanish to me on by birthday! Definitiely recommend!

Northern Virginia
“Yummy!”
Reviewed April 7, 2009

Their salsa was excellent! They accommodated my order, which is nice. I got the fajitas. I didn't think they brought enough tortillas for all the food on the skillet. I probably should have ordered something else, because I was not that hungry. We tried the sopaillas. The bread itself wasn't as good as I was used to. It didn't puff. Their combination of honey and cinnamon had me licking the plate. Literally.

Closes early (7pm) on Sunday.

Toronto, Canada
“Great food, great price.”
Reviewed April 1, 2009

After reading all the great reviews of this mexican restauramt we decided to give it a try. It really does not look like much from the outside and we were questioning our descion to go into the restaurant. We were seated right away and out came a hot plate of tortilla chips with salsa. They were so good. We then ordered two alcholic drinks and the special dinner for two which was only 12.95 and included two tacos, a burrito, an enchilida, rice, and beans, and a couple other things which I cannot remember the names of. They were brought out pretty quickly and the taste was sooooooooooo good. Wee were so stuffed but we had to try the fried ice cream and churros with ice cream. Again, it tasted so good.

The only negative I would say is they had an english newscast playing on the radio while we were eating, I would have prefered some mexican music to get you more into the mood.

Overall, an excellent place and I will definitely be going back the next time we are in NIagara Falls, New York.