“Excellent food and service”
Review of La Galera

La Galera
Ranked #18 of 297 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We visited the previous location many times because the food is so good and reasonable, even though parking and atmosphere were lacking. This new location is great: lots of parking, brightly colored interior, and the food and service continue to be very good. I often get the fajita, but there are so many very good entries that I am never disappointed, A nice selection of Mexican beer, too. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Not my first visit to this restaurant but the first since relocating...the food is great, cheap and different then what you find in Canada and definitely a huge step above Taco Bell or Mighty Taco.

Visited this past Saturday and yes there was about a 25 minute wait, sat at the bar, enjoyed some Pacifico Beer, free chips & salsa. The menu is the same, the choices are many and great tasting. My fiancé had an appetizer of nachos & beans (good flavour but not your typical nacho plate) there was no salsa, olives, etc but refried beans & gooey melted cheese. He then had chicken with chipotles, peppers, onions, with lots of melted cheese, refried beans & delish rice. Of course it came with homemade salsa, guacamole, shredded lettuce & tomatoes. I had the chicken with refried beans and cheese (not as spicy as his but good flavour). They continue to bring free salsa & chips.

Our server was quick, attentive and pleasant. Beers are cheap, the new facilities are nicely done, colorful, bright and definitely a nice change from the older place.

If you enjoy really good Mexican food, good beers (fav of mine is Pacifico-Mazatlan, Mexico area) and not too hard on the wallet you SHOULD EAT HERE! Be prepared on a Saturday night to wait but sit @ the bar, relax and have a cold one!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

This authentic Mexican food is the best around. Forget Might Taco and Taco Bell. There is always a wait but this is a good sign and tells how good the food is. And is it ever reasonable. You will walk out stuffed for very little money. Try is, you'll love it.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

The food is really okay. Food comes out in a decent time and it's not a bad place--not that good though. We ordered 3 dishes, and when we got the check I noticed that I had 4 charges--one waaaaaay at the top and 3 toward the bottom. When I pointed that out, the cashier guy -who was also our server--laughed and said it was from a previous customer and that he forgot to take it off the receipt. No apologies. I am not going back to the restaurant because I don't trust the people there and the food is not worth the drive.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We visited the new location for this restaurant and tried the sampler dinner for two! It was very good and we would recommend it. For any one wanting to try the different dishes. The best was our dessert, we shared a very generous vanilla ice cream topped with honey and and cinnamon on top of some yummy crunchy chips. We were seated in a booth near the door and were quite chilly so would recommend sitting farther away from the door during winter. Our waiter was very authentic also with a very thick accent.