“It wasn't what we were expecting”
Review of La Galera

La Galera
Ranked #19 of 299 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

All my friends were telling me about this place so I thought I'd give it a try. The parking lot was kinda right for a truck and they shared their Parkin lot with a hotel so I guess if the hotel is really busy yu don't have a good shot at a parking spot by whatever. The inside was average nothing special. We were greeted quickly and told to sit wherever we wanted, shortly after we sat we were greeted with complimentary chips and homemade salsa. They were good the salsa was a little watery for y taste but I've never had homemade salsa before. I orderd a shredded chicken quesidella it was ok not the best and not the worst thin ice ever had. I also ordered a beef burito it was a tortia with beef inside then it had salsa and cheese poured all over it so I could not pick it up and eat it this kinda buged me since I thought all burritos were served with the ingredients inside the shell like a wrap or soft taco apparently not here but whatever ill try it. The burito was ok I guess it really didn't have any flavour and since it was sitting in and covered in watery salsa the tortia was soggy. My husband had jalapeño poppers he said hey were very good he had a number 9 meal basically two burritos and a taco he said the same very blan for Mexican food. Nothin was really bad but nothing was really good I will not be going back any time soon I'd rather make my own burritos at home with flavour.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Each time our family is in the modd for mexican we head to La Galera. It is authenic mexican and delicious. We have tried several dishes on the menu and have been pleased with all of them. Even the kids love the kids buritto/taco combo.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

You can say I'm a "regular" at La Galera. I have never been disappointed. The food is always fresh and flavorful. Complementary nachos and salsa are warm and fresh. Service is outstanding. Everything I've tried on the menu is delicious!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Admittedly Mexican food is almost impossible to find in Canada but we head to La Galera every time we go to Buffalo to shop because the food is delicious, the prices are right and it is kid friendly. The only negative is the guacamole, I think it is paste bought from the store, no fresh cut avocados with yummy tomatoes or anything but El Sinaloense is DELICIOUS! YUM!

They would be 5 stars if they made fresh guacamole!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Nothing great, basic mexican did expect better after reading all reviews. Ate Mexican all over usa was cheap, quick and ok . Close to our motel so gave it a go would eat again , but only if nothing else available