“Walk to Goat Island and the Falls nighttime show.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hillcrest Inn

Hillcrest Inn
Ranked #1 of 13 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Walk to Goat Island and the Falls nighttime show.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

Every one is quite right about the Innkeepers. Cassidy is very good at her job. Way above anywhere we have stayed. The inn is lovely and the master suite is worth the extra. Our privacy was always respected but Cassidy was there if you needed any advice on travel ideas. We walked most places. It's nice to walk at your leisure to and around Goat Island and the 3 sisters isl. We even felt safe walking to the light show at 9pm.
The breakfast is divine and changes daily. Fresh flowers were in our room and throughout the great rooms. Our favorite place was the porch with the view of the river above the falls.
Come see and you will agree with the other favorable reviews listed.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 95tigger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

This was my first experience staying in a bed and breakfast and it was wonderful. The master suite offered many amenities and was very comfortable and spacious. The decor of the whole house is very tasteful and the breakfasts were amazing. It is located within walking distance of the falls and many attractions which was great. Cassidy, our host is very knowledgeable in the many sites and attractions both on the New York side and Canadian side of Niagara Falls. Her recommendations on places to visit and restaurants were perfect for us. She is quite delightful and it was nice getting to know her and her family.
I highly recommend visiting this B& B and I know that I will certainly return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Hyde Park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I had never stayed at a B&B before... so we were not sure what to expect. Cassidy met us at the door with a warm smile and made us feel welcome immediately. After a tour of the house she produced a map of the area and told us all the great places to go and see... and we did! All the places she recommended (restaurants & sight-seeing attractions) were all worth it. Our host was very personable and easy to talk with and ask questions. Our room was great and the bed very comfortable. Finally, the breakfasts were of a great variety, tasty, and filling. We would definitely stay there again. Thank you Mitsu & Cassidy for a wonder and memorable stay in Niagara Falls!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank R B
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

Why, what a surprise; my first B&B experience and it was a delight!

I have never stayed at a B&B before and always hesitated to try it out. But after a unsuccessful booking at a hotel, I thought to myself, why not a B&B for an overnight stay? I was on a road trip to Niagara Falls, New York for a quick weekend getaway and needed a place where I can relax at night in comfort and peace.

Bottom line is, if you've read my reviews for other hotels, you'll notice that comfort and cleanliness runs my thought process everyday when it comes to traveling and accommodation.

Being a single traveler on a quick overnight stay, I didn't need something super-fancy (though I appreciate luxury a lot). Room I booked was the English Room. It was quite spacious and comfortable with big windows towards front side (entrance) of the house.

The bathroom is small but totally functional. If you won't mind a small / tiny sink, you'll be fine. The shower head is not fancy, so don't expect it, however I had no issues with hot water which I am always concerned about. The bathroom had complimentary toiletries which I don't even find in many hotels (including toothpaste etc in case you did not carry your own).

In my English Room, I had fruits and water bottles complimentary which was so refreshing upon my arrival. I also noticed roses on a small tabletop. I am a guy, but I can still appreciate small touches like these.

The Bed is comfortable and clean. No bed bugs or dirty smell which is great, right?

The TV in bedroom is very small and old and sits on top of a wardrobe closet. That's a slight inconvenience if you're looking to watch television before going to bed. I didn't really care as I was too busy walking around Niagara Falls, and I wanted to sleep when I got back during late night.

Is the place safe? Yes. Both Cassidy and Mitsu are such wonderful individuals and friendly, they will make sure you feel as safe as you can be.

I just love the fact how clean this place is, and its accommodation so comfortable.

Breakfast I had the following morning before my departure was interesting, but delicious. When I called to make the booking, I was asked if I had any dietary restrictions. I did, and it was all well taken care of! This kind of care and attention makes one feel so much at ease and proper. It's great and I appreciate it a lot.

Hillcrest Inn is a short walk (super convenient) to the park to see Niagara Falls from U.S. side (about 5-10 min - depending on your speed), and about 12-15 min to walk over on Canadian side. Don't be afraid to do it...It's very easy and safe - Just have your passport with you if you decide to. Oh, and carry .50 cents to enter back into USA (exact change - quarters). The signs will guide you properly, but Hillcrest Inn will give you a map for your reference as well if you need it.

I would say that finding Hillcrest Inn isn't difficult, but it can be a bit confusing since it is sitting behind a house in front of it. If you're walking back at night, just make sure you know where you are going, and have a landmark in place. There are no signs on the main street for this B&B. It's a hidden gem...what can I say. Enjoy it, and try it out like I did; you'll be happy!

Cost per room is not super-cheap, but still beats staying at a hotel (may end up costing you same) that will not provide you with great service, so it's worth paying a few extra bucks for the comfort and pleasant experiences.

Traveled in April 2012.

Room Tip: If you're a couple or single traveler looking for a quick overnight stay, then English Room is a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank MoviePrince
Melrose Park, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights for our mini-moon and I cannot tell you how incredible the stay was. You HAVE to stay here to experience the 5 star rating for an amazing and affordable pricing. The innkeepers Mitsu and Cassidy are by far the most wonderful and gracious hosts I have ever had at a B&B. Completely accommodating, informative, friendly yet they seem to know when you want your privacy. The home is luscious...we stayed in the master suite with a deck overlooking the Niagara river and although we went in March 2012, the weather was in the mid 70's! At night we kept our window and deck door open and you can hear the thunder of the falls. An easy walk to the falls and parks...we even trekked over to the Canadian side...everything is very close. The only other thing I can not say enough about was the breakfast...it is abundant and delicious! Thank you Cassidy and Mitsu for making our stay even more memorable. Can't wait to go back! Denise and Karol Sith

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hockeygirlda
Bartlett, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

Just returned from a trip to Niagara Falls, NY with a friend . . . we absolutely LOVED The Hillcrest Inn. We did not want to leave come checkout time!! Cassidy gave us wonderful suggestions and valuable info re: how to get the most from our short time in the area. The rooms were lovely and comfortable -- with many considerate touches, i.e.: I needed to charge my laptop and had it plugged in the bathroom outlet. When we came back after viewing the Falls at night, not only were our beds turned down and chocolates on our pillows - my laptop was plugged into a powerstrip that magically appeared next to my bed. After we came back from touring there was tea, lemons and biscotti waiting for us. We relaxed by the fireplace in the spacious living room until midnight and felt like princesses. Last but not least, the breakfast was FABULOUS!! For starters we enjoyed poached pears with berry compote; homemade chocolate nut bread with raspberry -- followed by eggs benedict, asparagus and a fruit salad of kiwi, strawberries, blackberries and blueberries. I initially chose The Hillcrest Inn because not many B&Bs offer a room with both two beds and a private bath. We could not have stayed at a more perfect place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Thelma50
Little Falls, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

My fiance and I decided to elope at Niagara Falls during our holiday break. I contacted Cassidy via email after reading about Hillcrest on tripadvisor.com. Cassidy was so helpful to us in so many ways. When we arrived, we were greated by Cassidy's sister Ivy who was an absolute delight. Not too far behind was her mom, Debra, who presented me with a bouquet of roses. On the evening of our wedding, Ivy offered to take photos of us since we decided on a no-fuss event. Ivy moved furniture & posed us in every conceivable way surrounded by the beautiful Christmas decor. After our ceremony we dined at the Red Coach Inn (at Cassidy's suggestion). Upon return to the inn, there was a tray with roses, wine glasses in our room.

Our breakfasts were exquisite. Debra was quite helpful to us suggesting we visit Niagara-on-the-Lake on the Canadian-side. We enjoyed a delightful day after our wedding & purchased a bottle of wine from one of the many wineries along the way that we will open on our first anniversary.

Upon return back home, our family & friends were delighted by our story & our photos. I am hopeful that they too, will take advantage of this treasure that is the Hillcrest Inn.

My thanks to Cassidy, Ivy and Debra for making our wedding so memorable.

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Craner

Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino
#8 of 50 in Niagara Falls
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,288 reviews
Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa

Been to Hillcrest Inn? Share your experiences!