“Ladies, start your credit cards!”

Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls, USA
and up
Shop and Dine Fashion Outlets Niagara Falls NY
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Newly remodeled and expanded, Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls, USA is conveniently located just ten minutes from the Niagara Falls State Park. It is a single level indoor outlet shopping experience featuring over 200 designer outlets offering great savings up to 75% off every day. The Center is anchored by Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5th and Forever 21 and is home to world-class brands like Coach, Disney, Guess, Kate Spade NY, Michael Kors, Burberry, Tommy Hilfiger plus national brands like Banana Republic, J.Crew, Nike, Perry Ellis, Reebok, Under Armour, Cole Haan and more. In addition to an outstanding selection of outlet retailers, Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls USA features a variety of quick-service food options available to shoppers at the food court. Additional amenities and shopping incentives are available such as the Green Savings Card offering exclusive discounts and incentives at your favorite participating stores and restaurants for only $5!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I've read a bunch of reviews from this past weekend. I too was in Buffalo for a little Valentine getaway with my honey and we went to the outlet mall 2x. I think you need to be a bit smart when 1) shopping on a long weekend in both Can and the U.S. and 2) shopping at an outlet mall in general.

We got to the outlets right at 10AM on Sat Feb 15th and we found parking right away. There were almost no shoppers in the mall yet and I breezed through Nine West no sweat. There weren't line ups at any of the stores like we found the next day. Yes, we waited outside of Coach for about 10 mins because I was foolhardy enough to walk out of the store the day before without buying anything. Once inside, there weren't actually that many people and they had plenty to chose from. You can not beat 70% off clearance prices and then another 10% off entire purchase.

My purchases at the outlets were many and incredibly well priced (even with the exchange!). I'm not sure where other people are shopping that they find deals like I did this weekend but I can tell you I've never found deals like this in Canada. If you are looking for a fun girls' weekend of shopping (or have a shopping-tolerant husband) I would recommend the Fashion Outlets.

Eat a good breakfast and get there early!

1  Thank PrincessZeltron

Reviewed February 16, 2014

My family and I stopped by around 2PM on Saturday February 15th. Despite driving around the parking lot for 15 - 20 minutes we were unable to find a spot. We went on to the McKinley Mall which was practically deserted. We made two visits to the McKinley Mall in Buffalo and it was practically deserted. We made another stop at the Fashion Outlets this morning, getting there 15 minutes before opening. There were lineups in front of many stores, and I don't think we found any great deals. I would rather drive twice the distance to either Great Lakes Crossing outside of Detroit, or Grove City, anytime.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Went to this outlet mall on Feb 9th, 2014. Found that while it had alot more stores than the Canadian outlet mall, the prices were the exact same as in Canada. Since the CDN dollar is losing it's value, much better to shop in Canada for the same product. Much better deals are found about a 30 min drive from the outlet malls in the Walden Galleria and across the road at Burlington Coat factory. Don't waste your time shopping here, even with the discount card you have to spend so much just to get a small discount.

2  Thank Babyleafgirl
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We visited this mall on two occasions: once on the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, once in January after a stay at the Niagara Falls waterpark.

On the first occasion, my teenage son was very happy with bargains he found (shoes and casual clothes), the remaining members of the family found bits and pieces here and there but not enough that would have made the trip worthwhile apart from what son found.

On the second occasion, I got a few items for my daughter, but again, not enough to have justified a long trip if this had been our only destination. We enjoyed it as an add-on to our trip to the Falls, however our interactions with one business took away from that.

I had not had an opportunity to exchange currency prior to arrival (in fact, hotel staff assured us the mall stores all took Canadian money) but on arrival found out that this had changed. I thought this was no problem as I could simply exchange at the booth in the mall. However, the man who operated the booth soured the whole experience for us. He quoted us a rate 5cents lower than the exchange Walmart (which opened its doors and hour prior to the mall and where we'd done some earlier shopping) gave us. I could still have accepted this (businesses do need to make money), however I found it odd that the daily rate wasn't posted anywhere - something I never encountered anywhere but in Third World countries where individuals approach to offer currency exchange on the street.

The real problem started when I asked for a receipt for the transaction. He barked at me that the cash was my receipt. Kind of stunned, I started to walk away, but felt disturbed enough to return and ask again, because cash is not a receipt. A receipt is a receipt. He barked even louder that he'd been doing business this way for years. He finally gave me a handwritten slip of paper with no business identification on it or anything, utterly useless, his whole manner leaving a bad taste in my mouth that I'd somehow been exploited, like he was quoting me a different rate than he might quote the next person or that he was skimming off the top for himself, or something.

My recommendation is to use your credit card in stores, or obtain American money before you arrive. Don't patronize a currency exchange business that is so contemptuous of its customers.

3  Thank Mommika
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls are undergoing another round of changes - old standards like "Old Navy" are gone, but some new stores are moving in. Overall, it's a pretty good oulet mall with a good selection of stores (Footwear, apparel, housewares, etc). There is finally a Starbucks in the mall which is great, and there is now an Olive Garden nearby, which makes the overall shopping experience a little better.

Stores seem to have great post-Christmas sales with deals to be had at The Gap, Hanes Bali outlet, and Bass. Otherwise, prices are okay, but not brillant.

Signage is now very outdated, so best to ask at customer service to save yourself wandering all over the mall for stores that are no longer there.

The 'discount card' is not worth paying for - if you can pick it up free with your CAA or AAA card, you might as well, but it isn't worth paying for since the discounts are small, minimum spend is quite high, and most stores do not honour the program - examples: The Gap will provide a discount at the $75.00 level, but The Gap itself generally has better deals that cannot be combined with this offer.

Overall, worth a visit especially if you're looking to pick up out of season clothing - discounts are deeper in January.

2  Thank 007_nic