Unfortunately for me, I learned "at the last minute" that one could not visit Canada unless one has specific identification (primarily a passport) instead of the previously accepted (before June 1) government ID, birth certificate, etc. so I had to cancel the reservation I'd made 2 months before and locate an alternate place to stay in the US. I selected the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites NIAGARA FALLS based on a couple of things: it was new and I'd often had positive experiences at Holiday Inns. I noted that the "pool is still under construction and is not available for guest use" but, since I was only visiting overnight, I didn't mind. The picture of the hotel on their Web site makes the place look lovely, but it is a gross overstatement. The parking lot and grounds are unkempt (I nearly tripped over a piece of vinyl siding that was laying near the front of the building.) I was greeted promptly when I entered the front door and I was pleased that the room was ready although I arrived a couple of hours before the official check in. The hotel did not seem busy, but I was assigned a room on the 4th floor near the end of the corridor, one room away from the vestibule where the vending machine and ice machines were located. The room was simple: 2 beds, a desk, desk chair, upholstered chair, dresser and a bench. The bathroom was clean but very austere. The area surrounding the hotel was somewhat depressed and, frankly, I did not feel comfortable. The hotel is on a busy street and an airport is across the street. The noise from the outside was not nearly as unsettling as the noise we encountered inside though. Since we were out most of the day and evening, we were very tired. We went to bed almost as soon as we returned to the room. We were slightly dozing when we heard some sort of loud noise outside outr door; it sounded like an alarm. In fact, it startled both of us so that we jumped up trying to figure what it was. Since the noise lasted about 30 (long) seconds, we figured it was an anomaly. Unfortunately, it was not since less than an hour later it went off again. My husband encountered another guest in the hall when he opened our door to see what was causing the noise but both of them were unable to pinpoint it because it stopped suddenly. I called the front desk to report the noise and the clerk seemed completely flummoxed and said she'd look into it. We went back to bed and, just after falling asleep again, the phone rang. Someone from the front desk was calling to inquire if our issue with a computer had been resolved. Since we never had any such issue, we were very angry to think that our sleep had been disturbed again (It was about 10:30 PM.) I advised my husband to calm down and try to return to sleep. Long story short: the noise continued intermittently throughout the night. We learned that it was a compressor that was often turning over. I was so tired, I managed to sleep fitfully 'til morning. However, my husband was fit to be tied when I awoke because he'd had very little sleep all night. He said each time he would begin to doze, the compressor went off again! Ir really was an outrageous situation. I cannot believe that the management was not aware of the problem. Furthermore, at the very least, our room should have been changed so that we were not exposed to the noise all night. When the desk clerk asked about our stay, we told her that it was awful! She was surprised to hear us report that and, after we relayed our tale of woe, she assured us that she'd let the manager know about our dissatisfaction. She made sure she had our contact info so that the manager could get in touch with us. Well, it is a week later and we have not heard anything (no phone call, no Email, no postal letter) from anyone. Our credit card was charged the full amount of our stay though so I suspect that management takes no responsibility for the poor service provided regarding the room we rented overnight.
The hotel is in an industrial area, located 7+ miles from Niagara Falls. Under no circumstances would I recommend this place to anyone. The service was sub-par and truly disappointing. Undoubtedly, one can locate a better choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Niagara Falls, New York Located just a few miles from Niagara Falls in Canada, guests of our Niagara Falls, NY hotel are sure to enjoy our premium amenities and close proximity to Niagara Falls International Airport (IAG) and to one of the greatest natural wonders in the world. There is no shortage of things to do in Niagara Falls, NY. Everything and everyone revolve around this breathtaking natural wonder that is just seven miles from our hotel in Niagara Falls. Here, you can ride the Maid of the Mist, visit the Aquarium of Niagara Falls, take the Journey Behind the Falls or travel the short distance to Canada and view Niagara Falls at its fullest glory. Other nearby attractions include Murphy's Orchard and Seneca Niagara Casino. Business travelers going to Niagara Falls, New York are sure to appreciate our top-of-the-line business amenities, which include an on-site conference room, computer access, free high-speed, wireless and wired Internet access along with courier, copy, mail and fax services. We encourage guests of our Niagara Falls, NY hotel to take advantage of our indoor pool and fitness center. Every morning, we serve a complimentary hot breakfast bar that features our signature cinnamon rolls. Make your reservation at our choice hotel in New York today to take advantage of our great Niagara Falls, NY hotel room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Niagara Falls
- Holiday Inn Express Niagara Falls