“More than expected.”

Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Wellington, FL
“More than expected.”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

It has taken me over two weeks to write this review but wanted to take this opportunity to thank the management and personnel of this hotel for our short but wonderful stay here. The hotel is very clean, not to far from the Falls, if you don't want to drive they provide you with a complimentary pass for a bus that will take you right to the American park next to the falls, customer service was very efficient and the breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Daylie
HIENFMgmt, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Daylie

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review our property. We take great pride in running a well kept property and also are proud of our great staff. I am glad you recognized these on your recent visit. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to being your preferred destination in Niagara Falls.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Korean first
London
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here for one night while visiting Niagara Falls, and found it a very comfortable stay. All the staff were super friendly and helpful, the room very clean and comfortable, and it was very reasonably priced compared to many of the more central hotels... but this meant I incurred other costs. I wasn't driving while in town so had to rely on taxis, and here's a rundown of my expenses:

To get from the hotel to Niagara railway station, it's going to cost you around $18 - $20 each way, and to get to Niagara Falls, it's going to cost you around $30 - $35 each way.

So that's money you could spend on a better hotel which was within walking distance to the falls - although some of the hotels around the centre of Niagara are ridiculously expensive and so you could still end up saving money here, taxis and all - especially when you consider breakfast is included here.

That said, if you ARE driving, this hotel is a really good option. The drive to Niagara Falls is around 10 - 15 minutes and there's plenty of parking at the hotel.

Back to the room - pretty big in size, very comfortable bed, nice bathroom, TV with plenty of channels, ironing board and iron, in-room safe etc - everything you want. The only curious thing is that the curtains didn't pull and were just strips of cloth for show, so if you really depend on black out curtains then this isn't a great place to sleep as you'll have street lights coming in your room. The hotel also has a gym and a pool, but I didn't check them out.

One other downside, however, is that there really isn't much around this hotel in terms of restaurants etc, especially if you are walking. Again, if you're driving then you won't have a problem.

One final word of warning - take advice from the hotel staff when booking cabs. I booked a cab myself for an early morning via a firm I found on Yelp and was picked up by a shady dude who tried to sting me for $30 for an $18 ride - he said he only did 'fixed rate' journeys. Unfortunately for him, he then said he didn't have any change when I handed him $40, so I said he would have to make do with $20.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank MendozaUK
HIENFMgmt, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Mendoza UK

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review our property. We take great pride in running a well kept property and also are proud of our great staff. I am glad you recognized these on your recent visit. While we are not located directly by the Falls, many guests chose our property because we are located closer to the Outlet Mall, airport and the restaurant row of Niagara Falls. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to being your preferred destination in Niagara Falls.
Binghamton, NY
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Was in town for a quick business trip a few weeks ago. Not within walking distance of the falls, if you are looking for that, but convenient to the interstate and other necessities. Also near the Niagara Falls Airport, which is convenient if you are using the facility. You can also hear some noise from the airport, but not too bad. One of the nicer hotels I have stayed in in Niagara Falls. Great amenities, a servicable breakfast, clean updated room, and a decent television selection. I didn't use the pool, but a lot of people seemed to be. Very friendly and helpful employees. Will definitely stay again if I need a hotel on the American side.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank IzZzalot
Dear IzZzalot

Albany, New York
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I understand this is a tourist town, but simple things make a difference. NOTHING is more of a turn off and so easily corrected, is less than immaculate cleaning, primarily in the bathrooms. There is NO excuse for mold and soap scum. Seriously, worn TOWELS with holes in them for $150 a night?

The room is pleasant, breakfast typical, bed comfortable and common areas are clean and appealing.

Unfortunately, there is not much better in Niagara Falls. It is sad that a town of this caliber just does not care. It's no wonder why tourists cross the border.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank iamatravelingsenior
Dear iamatravelingsenior

I apologize that you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay with us. We take great pride in running a clean well kept property and I am sorry this was not the case for your stay. I have had a word with my housekeeping staff to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. As for the 150 a night, rates are dictated by seasonal supply and demand and summer is the high season for Niagara Falls. We do hope that you give us another opportunity next time you are in Niagara Falls. Thank you.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed June 19, 2013

First trip here. Got a lot help from the hotel staff re travel information. They are very friendly and helpful. Room is clean and spacious. breakfast is good.the pool is great too. Good stay there for a couple of days. Will definitely recommend to my friends.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear sonocecilia

Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel is very clean the staff super friendly. My room was very well equipped and I enjoyed the free breakfast in the morning which was hot and constantly being restocked. I was allowed to leave my pick-up truck on the parking lot while I was away. Mandy gave me a ride to the airport the next day and when I returned I walked back which isn't all that far but if the weather had been cold or raining it would have been miserable......a shuttle would be nice but I understand the costs involved as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
HIENFMgmt, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Jim C

ont canada
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I just have to say that being Canadian we luv to take a road trip over the the states for some retail therapy. Our choice of hotels is Always The Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We have been staying here for years. 1st is location location, a quick drive to all the shopping places. 2 friendly staff always willing to go the extra to help out. Breakfast is always tasty & fresh. Luv the pool after a long day of shopping. The hotel is clean & odor free which some hotels smell of chemicals to mask the nusty mildew smells not here , its just refreshing. I would sugest this to everyone to stay , You would be happy you did.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HIENFMgmt, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Niagara Falls, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Auntimick

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review us on Trip Advsior. We are the newest hotel in Niagara Falls and we take great pride in the upkeep of the hotel and are glad that our guests recognize our efforts. We have several repeat customers such as yourself who come for shopping trips and I am glad that the staff have looked after you. We look forward to being your preferred destination in Niagara Falls for many years to come. Thank you.