“Hotel is fine but a bit far from many activities”

Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Newburgh
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We stayed there over a football weekend. Rooms were OK, available food service extremely limited. Overall, very average. The hotel is located off a highway but not particularly close to anything. In our case it was more than 30 minutes from our activities. The staff was pleasant but not overly helpful or customer oriented. The breakfast was typical lackluster food that these hotels serve.

Room Tip: choose a room on the non-highway side to limit noise at night
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed her for a weekend shopping trip to Woodbury Commons. We were at the hotel for less than 12 hours but had a positive experience and would recommend. It's easy to locate from I-87 and I-84. There's not much in the way of food nearby but the front desk person gave us a menu for Frank's (a 10 minute ride away but they also deliver to your room) and the food was very good and affordable. Our king room was clean and spacious and the pillows were fluffy and soft. The other room in our party had 2 beds and tat room was clean well appointed as well. Although the hotel is near an airport it appears to be a small regional one so noise was not a factor for us.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Last night driving along I-84 in New York, tired and needing a room I was lucky enough to find this Courtyard. It was kind of late and I didn't have a reservation, but they were able to find a room for me. It was the usual, comfortable Courtyard room with everything I needed.

The pleasant surprise was having something available to eat. Usually I don't expect to get much in terms of food for dinner at a Courtyard. But to my surprise they have "The Bistro", in the lobby area. It was awesome! All I wanted was something hot, healthy and light, and they didn't disappoint! They have a small bar, where I enjoyed a very cold beer and waited for my dinner. They even had the football game on!

When leaving the next morning, and on the lookout fora a Dunkin' Donuts, I didn't have to look far, as it was right across the street! This is a favorite stop for all the Fedex drivers, so be prepared for a line.

So got the car filled up, got my Dunkin', and got on my way. The hotel is right next to the Stewart Airport, which is very convenient if that's how you travel. You can even print your boarding pass at the Courtyard.

Good nights rest at the Newburgh Courtyard. Well worth the stop and the Bistro was a very pleasant surprise. They also have a pool and a small workout room with a couple of treadmills and other stuff.

Room Tip: Might get quieter on an upper floor, but my 1st floor room was quiet in spite of being very close to...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stay at Marriott hotels very frequently for work but I stayed at this Courtyard this weekend as part of a mother-daughter get-a-way. Hotel is very close to the Woodbury Commons Outlets and the towns of Beacon, Cold Spring, and Newburgh...all of which have great restaurants and shops! Hotel lobby is completely updated with a bar that serves Starbucks, snacks, wine, etc. I was surprised there was no complimentary breakfast as every other Courtyard I have ever stayed in has offered this. Overall, very impressed with the service, room, and amenities. Will definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed for a few nights during an October weekend. The hotel was 100% booked but unlike other reviewers we did not have an issue with noise. The lobby appeared recently updated, staff was friendly, room was clean and neat and a good size. Comfortable bed and good sleep quality. We ate breakfast in the lobby cafe one morning, which was fine. Only complaint is that you get nothing for Gold status... not even complimentary breakfast. The hotel is convenient to the highway and the airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2013

After driving 8 hours and still 4 hours from home, we decided we needed to stop for the night and finish our trip home the next day. We generally always favor the Marriot brand because the room size and beds are both very comfortable and roomy. This was true during this stay as well. I was surprised that for the cost of the room (mid $150 range, not including tax) that there was no complimentary coffee or breakfast available the next morning. Yes, there is in room coffee that you can make up, but i'm not a fan of instant powdered creamers. For the price of the room, I was expecting at least some free coffee and bagels in the morning. We stayed at a Marriot in VA (not a courtyard) but a Spring Hill Suites that was less expensive than this place AND included a breakfast! I think that the Marriot Courtyard is not worth the price in Newburgh NY.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here a couple of years ago for a weekend away from home and the best part of our stay was sleeping at night. The bed was comfortable and the atmosphere of the room was nice, but everything else was awful. The woman at the front desk when we checked in was rude and and didn't want to apply our AAA discount to the bill. the walls were so thin, we heard every movement and word happening in the rooms next to ours, so it took us a while to fall asleep at night.. Everything echoed! The Jacuzzi was entirely way to small. I'm a little heavier than most women, but I'm not huge and what was supposed to be a romantic room and weekend getaway turned into a solo session in the tub - and I got out in 10 minutes because it was so small I was uncomfortable. I've been in other spas in other Courtyard hotels and they weren't half as small and uncomfortable as this one was. While checking out, another woman behind the counter was just as rude and nasty to us as the first one. I later wrote a letter to the corporation to complain and what was their answer? Another weekend stay in their hotel. I told them that's not what I wanted, I would never stay there again. I wanted reimbursement (if not all, at least half) for our stay and they refused. When you want happy customers, you do what it takes to make happy customers, and I told them exactly what I thought of their establishment. I will never stay there again. They should take pointers from their brothers and sisters elsewhere in the country.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newburgh
Hampton Inn & Suites Newburgh Stewart Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Newburgh Stewart Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Montgomery
Howard Johnson Inn - Newburgh
Courtyard Middletown
Courtyard Middletown
#3 of 9 in Middletown

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport? Share your experiences!