“Clean and good service”

Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Newburgh
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for two nights with a small child. Check-in was fast and easy. The lobby is nice and probably renovated within the last 4 years. The menu in the cafe at the entrance is basic but good enough. Overall we found the hotel very good value and efficient. The rooms are nice, not too big but standard for Marriott Courtyards. The room was clean and also we got service when we needed it relatively quickly. There is a small pool and an exercise room next to the lobby. The pool could have been cleaner but the exercise room was well kept. Location wise the hotel was a bit isolated. There are no restaurants or other things in walking distance so you need to drive a couple of minutes for food or shopping.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank samtech

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel was nice, rooms were very clean and comfortable and the common areas were very clean also. I'm always pleased with Marriott properties in this regard.

I have a general problem with Courtyards lately. Since they started the "Bistro Café" concept the hotel no longer offers free coffee in the lobby and no longer offers a breakfast buffet. Instead you have to buy breakfast from the bistro and buy Starbucks coffee. As a platinum member I used to be offered a complimentary breakfast at courtyards and enjoyed the free coffee in the lobby. This is no longer the case.

Also, I've noticed during my last two Courtyard stays in two different cities that I wasn't offered a room upgrade for my platinum status. So basically there's no benefit at all to stay at a courtyard if you're a platinum rewards member.

Room Tip: Only Marriott on Newburgh, otherwise I'd recommend you go to another Marriott property if you...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Navy_Civ_Traveler
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great Service, great food, super comfy bed. Good value as well! At check in, the staff could not have been more professional. We ate dinner at the bistro bar, and it was pretty good considering they don't have a kitchen.

Definitely will stay again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Friendly Front Desk, nice renovated refreshing business lobby, Bistro, awesome indoor hot tub & heated pool, spacious & well-appointed rooms. Clean, comfy and problem free. Would stay again if in the area. Thumbs up!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank bwbwbwbw
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Good size room, pleasant decor. Countertop at vanity area just outside washroom, where fridge and microwave are also located, right next to closet, prove exceptionally handy. Close to Woodbury Common Premium Outlet and Manhattan commuter train Beacon station, which allows multiple-day surface parking at rate of $7 each (you can pay several days parking fee upfront) for those who want to avoid the exhorbitant hotel parking charges of Manhattan and/or the drive to midtown. Service manager was exceptionally responsive, both at time of booking re special requests, and afterward when we discovered we left something behind. Cafe at lobby serves Starbucks brewed coffee up to evening, and Starbucks handcrafted specialty coffee 24 hrs. Tasty & healthy breakfast, reasonably priced, is available.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
ROCMarriott, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear love2eat3:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott in Newburgh. We appreciate you staying with us and happy you enjoyed your time here. We look forward to seeing you again soon! ~Kim Soria, General Manager

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Besides the comfy beds and pillows, the staff is delightful, food is good, atmosphere great, it's CLEAN, can buy beer wine in their mini store and location is great. stayed here two years ago and is a nice now as it was then.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear 79fortgirl:

I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We've recently renovated and are happy you enjoy the new bedding and atmosphere. We look forward to seeing you again soon! ~Kim Soria, General Manager

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I am a long time Courtyard brand customer. Overall I found this location to be one of the best at which I've stayed in terms of room layout, furnishings and amenities. The reception, lobby and cafe were very neat and clean as expected, and the staff was very professional and friendly.

The two quibbles I had were as follows:

1. Wireless internet access. My standard room request is for a high floor far away from the elevators. This time I was assigned a room right across from the elevator door. While sound and traffic were not an issue, the internet signal in the room went from weak to almost non-existent. If I stood at the door the signal was of decent strength, but anywhere else was pot-luck. Management rebooted the router but the signal did not improve. I believe the elevator electronics interfered with the signal. This was very disappointing for me as I do not like being tethered to the desk. I have never before had an issue with wireless signal so this came as an unpleasant surprise.

2. Breakfast. I have always loved Courtyard's breakfast buffet. It's not that i eat a lot, but I prefer to take items and portions to my liking without depending on someone else. Unfortunately, they no longer offer a buffet, instead offering an a-la-carte menu via their "cafe." It's hard swallowing a $9 french toast, where before the buffet was around $10-$12. Not at all happy with this change.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators if you want wireless internet access. I believe the elevator electronics in...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sohailsk

Dear Sohailsk:

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I was sorry to hear you received a room near the elevator, when you had requested otherwise and that the internet was spotty at best. At Courtyard we strive to ensure our guests receive a comfortable and enjoyable stay; it seems we felt short in delivering and for that I apologize.

I'm also sorry to you're not excited about Courtyard's new Bistro concept. It's a great way for our guests to get out of their rooms and enjoy the public spaces without feeling trapped in their guestroom. Almost like a home away from home. I can understand the frustration of the change, as our Courtyard travelers are used to the buffet, but I do hope you reconsider our new concept offering fresh, made to order items. We hope to see you soon! ~Kim Soria, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newburgh
Hampton Inn & Suites Newburgh Stewart Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Newburgh Stewart Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport
Howard Johnson Inn - Newburgh
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Montgomery
HYATT house Fishkill/Poughkeepsie

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport? Share your experiences!