“Not honest at all!”

Super 8 Newburgh - West Point Stewart Intl Airport
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Newburgh
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I booked two rooms for two nights from their official website using a coupon code. The total room charge should be reduced for about 60 bucks. However, the normal rate was charged to my creit card. I talked to the manager immediately and was told that a credit will be given to my card when I check out. However, when I checked out, another lady said she knew nothing and yelled at me to sign the check out receipt. I was rushing to a flight and did not have time to argue. It has been about 20 days and I got nothing on my credit card. After I returned to China, I emailed the hotel but no reply at all.

I have been travelling around the States and this is the first time happened to me. Terrible experience!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Luba P, General Manager at Super 8 Newburgh - West Point Stewart Intl Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

I had read your review and do not have a clue of what this is about. I looked at the log book and did not see anything regarding this matter. but what disturbs me is that you stated that you
had emailed me this incident and that is not true. I read my emails every day and on an average of evry thre hours while i work my ten to twelve hour shift and beleive me i would of noticed your email as well as responded to it right away. i apologize for any misunderstanding youy had but do contact me personally on this matter.

regards,

Ms. Luba

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Newburgh - West Point Stewart Intl Airport

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Reviewed October 19, 2013

My room was not cleaned for 2 days in a row, garbage picked up, bed not made, no clean towels left. Cleaning staff need to recheck rooms later before the end of their shift to make sure that the ones they didn't clean earlier get cleaned before they leave. They just left it dirty.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Luba P, General Manager at Super 8 Newburgh - West Point Stewart Intl Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

As I had explained to you at checkout...when the housekeepers go down the hallway and see a "do not disturb" sign on a guest door they are trained not to bother the guest. I looked up your room on our cleaning sheet and you did have a DND sign on your door for two days in a row. As the girls go down the hall they continue until they are done. They do not back track unless told so by either the guest themselves or front desk. I looked into our log books and you never said anything to anyone when you did take off your sign late in the afternoon for service those two days and never mentioned any of this until checkout. All you had to do is call the front desk and we would of contacted your housekeeper. I am sorry about the confusion.

Regards,

Ms. Luba

Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel is in a great location right along a strip of hotels and restaurants and near West Point. There were lots of people there for fall foliage trips.
The room was basic, but clean and quiet. The staff is really nice and very accommodating.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The unit was everthing that we expected for the cost. Management was friendly and helpful, although they did not ask if I was a Wyndham rewards participant and I'm not sure that I received any points for my stay, but then maybe you don't get points when you stay at a Super 8.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is my second stay there in the last couple months. Very nice staff and pretty basic motel but clean and nice. No complaints.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newburgh
Howard Johnson Inn - Newburgh
Hampton Inn & Suites Newburgh Stewart Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Newburgh Stewart Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport
Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Westage Center

Been to Super 8 Newburgh - West Point Stewart Intl Airport? Share your experiences!