“Dive, but only place available allowing pets”

Super 8 Newburgh - West Point Stewart Intl Airport
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Newburgh
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I did not even want to stay here in the first place because i wanted to change my plans on my business trip while enjoying a personal scenic drive around the Hudson River valley. Even early in the day I wanted to change my plans and cancel, but you needed to cancel by 4:00pm THE DAY BEFORE your scheduled stay. So i decided to keep my original plan since I was going to be charged anyway. What a dump. Loud A/C and/or heater, no carpet in the rooms, strange odors, uncomfortable beds, but you get what you pay for I guess. There was also a creepy guy outside digging in the dumpster. I would not recommend this unless you are frugal and like to complain. I like to pay a little extra for quality, but as I said, it was the only available place that allowed dogs. I only chose to stay in Newburgh, because of the route of my scenic drive tour of Hudson River valley. Choose another spot like Fort Lee or Peekskill.

Room Tip: Choose another place
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Luba P, General Manager at Super 8 Newburgh - West Point Stewart Intl Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

It is our policy to call us at least 24 hours before your day of arrival to cancel your reservations without charge. As for the AC being alittle loud we are fixing that problem now that we know that there is a problem. You did have a pet room so that is why there was no carpet in the room. With that ion mind it does make it easier to clean. As far as the "creepy guy" in the dumpster I found out it was a trucker who threw some important papers in the trash without knowing it earlier that day and was looking to retrieve it .

Hope you have a better day.

Regards,

Ms. Luba

Reviewed May 16, 2013

WE enjoyed our short stay very much. The staff were great and the facility was very clean. I'd stay at a Super 8 again based on this experience

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Luba P, General Manager at Super 8 Newburgh - West Point Stewart Intl Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

It is wonderful to hear that some of our guests are happy with our hotel and are return guests. We strive to better ourselves and anything that we can do to make your stay better just let us know.

Best regards, Ms. Luba

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had a reservation so the check-in was quick - took less than 2 minutes on a Sunday night. The room was clean, bed comfortable. The staff (check-in and check-out) were very friendly and helpful. Several restuarants nearby and an easy off/on to the NY Thruway.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Luba P, General Manager at Super 8 Newburgh - West Point Stewart Intl Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Disgusting. So dirty my socks were BLACK from walking on the carpets and there were spiders in our room. Asked to have our maid clean the tub in our room which had hair from whoever stayed before, and it was never taken care of. Front desk man was very nice, we asked to stay in a quiet area of the hotel and that was fulfilled nicely. Halls were smokey but our room was not. Overall it was so dirty we would never stay there again. And to the management who will write back to this saying "we would have switched your room" with all the other negative reviews saying the same thing, how did we know our next room wouldn't be worse? My advice: fix the problems people are telling you about and simply "switching rooms" for people doesn't cut it.

• Stayed: May 2013

I thank you for your comments and for bringing these things to my attention. We will be working on all of the mentioned issues with the housekeeping department so this is not a problem again.

regards,

Ms. Luba

Reviewed May 9, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel staff were very accomodating. The room had a strong perfumed odor and smelled of cigarette smoke. I had requested a non-smoking room. The parking lot was a very active place well into the early hours of the morning. Some of the activity was highly offensive. On the last night of our stay I encountered a large millipede or something like it which was disconcerting. I will arrange other occomodations next time I visit this area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newburgh
Howard Johnson Inn - Newburgh
Hampton Inn & Suites Newburgh Stewart Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Newburgh Stewart Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport
Inn on the Hudson
Inn on the Hudson
#2 of 2 in Peekskill
Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Route 9

Been to Super 8 Newburgh - West Point Stewart Intl Airport? Share your experiences!