All reviewsroom was cleanyogurtstay there againfront desk clerknew yorkfree breakfastmicrowavehighway
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Super 8 Newburgh has several positive things going for it and a few overwhelming negatives to consider. Let’s start with the good stuff:
1). Good location for restaurants, shopping and close proximity to freeways.
2). Extremely friendly and helpful staff.
3). Plenty of lighted parking.
4). Free breakfast (Danish, cereal, coffee and juices)
5). Free WiFi
Now the bad:
1). We had to stay in a smoking room and to call it a smoking room is an understatement! I’m not hypersensitive to the smell of cigarette having worked in a casino for years, but from the moment the door to the room was opened the smell literally gushed out at you.
2). Incredibly aged rooms. The rooms are rather expensive for a motel of this level and I have to believe that there is plenty of money available to update/upgrade the units a little bit.
Would I stay here again if I had to? Probably, but I would pray to God that a non-smoking room was available.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2012

If you are traveling with your dog, this is a great place to stop. There are no outrageous fees. The cost was $75. If you are on 87,or the New York throughway take exit 17. if you are northbound , make sure to take three rights. You want to be on 1287 Route 300. It is centrally located near a mall. There is a Denny's down below. Out of all the places I have stayed driving from Maine to Florida , this was the best value for the money! There is a big space out back to walk your dog. I felt safe. the people at the front desk were very helpful. I would stay here again. Why pay $125 at other hotels when you can pay a mere $75.Nothing special but the price is right.Phone number is 845-564-5700.super8.3711@yahoo.com

Room Tip: Quieter in the back
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank baklavaqueen
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Nothing special. Stairs smelled odd, but could have been from a guest having too much fun the night before. I wish the TVs were from this decade. Beds not comfortable but were clean. I accidentally showed up two hours before check-in time but they accommodated me.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank JeffBartleyNYY
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Rooms were nice and close to West Point. Would stay here again

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank WmRick
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Arrived to our room to discover that we had no refrigerator. I had called a couple days before we checked in to confirm and they said they would have one in our room. Went back to the front desk and it turned into a mess. Other folks had refrigerators in their room and did not even ask for them. Then the next day we were told we could have one but that too was a mess to get one. The room smelled awful. Every time we walked in the room the smell just would hit you. We think it was mold. We eventually moved out our last night and went across the street to another hotel. When booking this hotel I went by the ratings and it said it was up there. I honestly don't or see how that happened. It still shows #2 and that just can't be.
After the experience it has made me very leary at staying at another Super 8. I guess it is the luck of the draw.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends