“Very friendly staff, but needs updating”

Ramada Newburgh/West Point
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Newburgh
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Very friendly staff on the desk and in the restaurant. We had a nice chat with all the staff, everyone was nice and helpful.
The evening meal in the restaurant was better than we expected and reasonably priced.
However, the hotel chain really needs to invest in some upgrades. The beds are old, the restaurant is dated, carpets worn, mold around the window frames.
The breakfast left a lot to be desired, and there was a breakfast monitor watching us which was unsettling.
I think the staff are really trying, the place was clean, but the place needs some updating by the chain.
It is a convenient location if you are driving through on the NY Thruway.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
jimmy g, General Manager at Ramada Newburgh/West Point, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Hello AnnaliciousBristol,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay with us. It’s a pleasure to hear you had such a positive experience during your stay.

In addition, your feedback is very important to us and helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay to all our guests.

As a manager, I will definitely discuss with our management team for an update some of the area and guest room furniture and fixtures to be update most for our future guests.

We hope to see you again at our hotel soon. We appreciate your comments. Thank you.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

A snow storm happened during my stay. Went to check out and my car was plowed in. Front desk said I could pay $10 per day or stay an additional night and pay for room again. I tried to have this rectified and was told I could have sat in lobby until my car was cleaned out. My car was not cleaned out until 3 and half hours after check out. I feel I was forced to stay an additional night beyond my control. The manager was rude when speaking to him regarding this situation. I will never stay at this location again.

• Stayed: February 2014
jimmy g, General Manager at Ramada Newburgh/West Point, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Hello Heather329,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for any inconvenience that you had during your stay.

As a manager and from our entire staffs we really apologize from the bottom of our heart for the unpleasant experience you experience at our hotel during your stay.

We hope to see you again at the hotel as we are improving our service and standards every day. Please excuse us this time as we were lacking in attention and I promise we will take better care of our guests here on now. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
jimmy g, General Manager at Ramada Newburgh/West Point, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Chose your hotel because of the extras in the room - especially the fridge (for my sons bottles). Everything was fine except that we booked the room through Wyndam Rewards and was given a certain price. We were supposed to get 4 nights for the price of 3. We did NOT get that deal. We were charged for all 4 nights. I was born in the Hudson Valley and grew up in Newburgh. My husband and infant son were visiting family for Christmas. I am rethinking staying at the Ramada and recommending others to stay at the Ramada.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
jimmy g, General Manager at Ramada Newburgh/West Point, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Hello Jason B,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience that you had during your stay.

We are really apologizing for the deal that you won’t able to get it for your stay. Also, we work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
jimmy g, General Manager at Ramada Newburgh/West Point, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Reviewed January 12, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
jimmy g, General Manager at Ramada Newburgh/West Point, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Reviewed January 9, 2014

A very comfortable environment. I had a lot of friends staying there so it was fine. I prefer 4 stars and better. But I did utilize the breakfast and the location. The room was clean and adequately decorated.

Room Tip: The room was listed for $69 everywhere but I chose hotels-rate.com and they added a tax surcharge of...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
jimmy g, General Manager at Ramada Newburgh/West Point, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Hello NewburghCee,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It’s a pleasure to hear you had such a positive experience during your stay. Your feedback is very important to us and helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay to all our guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newburgh
Hampton Inn & Suites Newburgh Stewart Airport
Howard Johnson Inn - Newburgh
Four Points by Sheraton Newburgh Stewart Airport
Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport
2 mi away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill

Been to Ramada Newburgh/West Point? Share your experiences!