“very bad experience” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Newburgh
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“very bad experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

Stayed their during 911 ceremony at OCC. room had very little AC.. bathroom door closed and had to bed opened using a credit card. we reported to front desk and he wrote it done but none of the qwork was ever completed.Hallway were musty,pool was being jackhammered all day long.. When we checked out there was not even an apology about the room and when we asked to have our bill split the desk said it was too complicated....Do not stay here

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank dmax54

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

1. Checked into our room to find a fruit fly infestation
2. Bathroom door handle was removed from it's original setting leaving my husband locked in the bathroom. (this is very true...thought I was on some hidden camera show..)
3. The hotel turns into a "nightclub" past 10 on weekends which is why the interior of the rooms, hallways, lobby look like a subway.
4. The pool gazebo is a HAZARD. I bet the Business Owners Ins Policy works hard for this place...
5. Fact is, this is my 3rd visit in three years. Each time it has been "under renovation"...I can report no improvements. There are some rooms that have boarded up windows on the back of the building. Plus...in inhabitants of this establishment are unsavory. I completely expected my mountain bike to be stolen from my roof this morning...
****For $120+ a night..never again. I would rather add $50.00 and head to the Hampton across the street. Bottom-line: if you want to see ancient ruins, head to Greece...Not the Ramada in Newburgh...

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Brdwaybound07
Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

not much good to say. Very tired decor, stairs in the hallways, strong smoke smell. Better options available for comparable price.

• Stayed July 2011
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

We chose this hotel to stay in when we took our son to Reception Day at West Point. It had a pool, continental breakfast and was relatively close to West Point. The room was just a room and was OK for sleeping. The Continental breakfast was horrible. The pool was not fit for swimming - we could not even see the bottom it was so dirty and full of algae. When I asked the front desk if it was OK to swim in the pool, they said yes. I would not have put my big toe in that pool. I also like to walk in the mornings and when I went for my walk there was a broken bottle in the driveway near the front corner of the building. It was still there 3 days later when we left. No one seemed to care about the appearance of their hotel inside or out. This was a less than stellar Ramada Inn and I am pretty sure the CEO of the Corporation would not stay here. We won't be back to this Ramada!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank NoHomeBase
Rensselaer Falls, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night. Plus: Clean Room and bathroom., Staff very friendly and accomodating. Price cheap. Guess you get what you pay for.
Minuses - Air conditioner did not cool the room. Hallways were extremely warm. Room not cooled upon arrival...also very warm. No elevators - Had to climb stairs to reach our room and my husband had recent knee surgery...not good!!! Continental Breakfast - Poor. Used paper plates, did not keep food, milk for cereal, etc. restocked, cut bagels into quarters. Very hard to get small pieces out of the toaster. Served tiny, small donuts. Area where we ate, roof had leaked and moldy walls around us. In general, the whole hotel looked very old and worn out. Needs some work.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground floor, since there are no elevators in this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank birdluver79
Nova Scotia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

after the 3rd drink you'll be ok! I stayed here one night on business. room is dated and tv is old. The exterior and grounds were good, staff friendly and price reasonable. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Seattle, WA USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

Look, it's an older property. The restaurant/lounge was empty, you can tell overall that the hotel is a little tired. I'm sure the common areas have seen better days.

But the rooms have been redone with nice beds and linens, fluffy white towels, nice furniture, everything is clean. This is what I want in a hotel. The price on the website was 80+, if you ask at the desk it's 90. But if you book on a third party website (Google "Top Secret Hotel) and sort by Top Secret Hotels and by price, the first three star X three star listed is this property and the rate is 55.

You will not find a better deal this close to NYC.

Room Tip: Get a room on the lower level so you don't have to pull your suitcase up stairs.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newburgh
Four Points by Sheraton Newburgh Stewart Airport
Howard Johnson Inn - Newburgh
Courtyard Newburgh Stewart Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport
The Thayer Hotel
The Thayer Hotel
#1 of 1 in West Point

Been to Ramada Newburgh/West Point? Share your experiences!