“worst hotel ever!”

Howard Johnson Inn - Newburgh
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Newburgh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Checked in with out reservation on July 20th. This place is terrible, filthy dirty run down rooms. Bathroom tub was moldy, towels are grey and dingy. Curtains had thick dark brown goo all over them. Do not stay here!! Sleep in your car ,you will be better off. The only good thing I can say about this place is the front desk staff are very friendly and the air conditioning worked well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anyd C
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Now I must say the only good thing about this hotel is its nicely located near the interstate and easy to find. Also I got the room I wanted which I was told wasn't available. I wanted a balcony. And I was told there was none.
Ok New the negative. I hate to pick anything apart but I think it's important when most people probably are staying here that are from out of town. The bathroom-1. All but one towel had stains on them. 2. The floor around toilet was dirty. 3. The tub was stained. 4. The towel holder is falling out of the wall. The bed at least was nice and had clean sheets. The sliding glass door leading out to "balcony" was very tough to open. It was loud and dirty. The screen door fell off when i opened it. It was dirty and had a old cup with cigarette butts in it. Now to the good part. ..I put a do not disturb card on the door last night so I wouldn't be bothered in the morning. And I didn't want anyone coming In the room when I want here. I wnt about my day and came back and my bed was made. I was so upset. Apparently the new maid said there wasn't a sign on the door. The manager apologized a hundred times and supposed to be only charging me for one night. I check out tomorrow so we will see.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank pineapple0902
Levittown
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The bathrooms need some sprucing up. The towels had holes I it. In general the rooms needs a little bit of sprucing up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

1 Thank Esther F
Colchester
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very clean, the staff were very helpful, conveniant to where we were going. would stay there again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

1 Thank Gerald M
Delavan, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Good breakfast/nice large breakfast room. Pleasant, helpful front desk folks. Guest laundry - only $1.00 each wash and dry per load! Parking not real convenient. Carpet in our room needed cleaning. Great for the price.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Zhgma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newburgh
Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Newburgh Stewart Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill
The Thayer Hotel
The Thayer Hotel
#1 of 1 in West Point
Extended Stay America - Fishkill - Westage Center

Been to Howard Johnson Inn - Newburgh? Share your experiences!