“A Nice Place to Have a Lunch with Friends” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cosimo's On Union

Cosimo's On Union
Ranked #1 of 175 Restaurants in Newburgh
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Coxsackie, New York
“A Nice Place to Have a Lunch with Friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

I went to lunch at Cosimo's on Union with my husband to meet another couple we haven't seen in many years. Newburgh is a half-way point between us. Although the place was very busy, we were seated within minutes. Our waiter introduced himself while putting bread and olive oil on the table. He immediately asked if we wanted any drinks. We ordered two large bottles of sparkling water.

The atmosphere was light and airy. Tables were spaced nicely. A very nice addition was the aroma from their brick ovens.

Three of us ordered the Eggplant Siciliano and one ordered a Sweet and Spicy Sausage Pizza. The food was delivered in timely fashion and it was all nice and hot. Everyone enjoyed the flavor of their entrée. I would have liked a bit more eggplant in a little bigger pieces in my meal, it was a little scant. The pizza was enjoyed and the toppings were bountiful, The crust was cooked perfectly. Our waiter came back twice during the meal to check on us. Very nice.

The only comment I have was that the oil served for the bread had a good amount of hot pepper in it. The other couple found it too hot for them. It was fine for us. Once the waiter was told of the issue, he immediately and cheerfully brought a new plate and cruets of plain olive oil and balsamic vinegar. In my book, cheerfully addressing the matter is the same as if it never existed.

We enjoyed our meal. I would really like to go back for dinner. The menu is the same, but they have an intriguing wine list.

• Visited May 2014

Newburgh, New York
“Nice place for dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

The really outstanding thing about Cosimo's is that they are absolutely consistent. If you go the enough and have a favorite item, it comes outnthe same way every time.
The menu is Italian, with a variety of pizzas done in a wood fired oven. The rest of the menu, especially the pasta dishes are very good and varied. Not your normal spaghetti and meat ball place.
Very nice wine list as well. The service can either be excellent or spotty at times, but generally good.
The place is noisy and usually crowded, so this is not your romantic dinner spot, but if you want a nice meal, give it a try.

Visited May 2014
New Windsor, New York
“For a company holiday dinner, much better than I expected!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Recommend Cosimo's - My company had are holiday dinner there in Jan. 2014. Haven't been in yrs but still very good! My basil citrus salmon "appy" was prepared perfectly! Medium rare slightly charred. Also, my Chop Chop "entree" with added candied walnuts & cranberries finished me off! but always room for sorbet (coconut my fav!)

Ask for Gina, the English teacher, one of the best servers you can ask for!

• Visited January 2014
Beacon, New York
“Consistently Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

I have been going to this restaurant for years since they opened and I can honestly say I have always had consistently good meals here. Over the years it has become one of my families favorite places. My children are grown now and do not live in the area but always look forward to dining at Cosimos when they come home. Great pizza, good specials and very reasonably priced. There house salad is exceptional and if you can afford the calories the gorgonzola waffle fries are out of this world. They now have a Tuesday night take out special for $25.00 the pasta of the week, salad and bread. It's a great deal. It is supposed to feed four to six people but you could easily feed that amount and have leftovers for another meal. Overall a great restaurant with very good value. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2014
Rock Tavern, New York
“Great value, service, food - great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

This is one of my favorite Italian restaurants in the area. Great food at a reasonable price. Cosimo's makes the best Caesar Salad I've ever had! I’m particular about my pasta – I hate it when it’s overcooked – and Cosimo’s makes it perfectly every time. I visit there often.

• Visited April 2014