“Overall good, but could still do better”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cosimo's On Union

Cosimo's On Union
Ranked #1 of 175 Restaurants in Newburgh
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Overall good, but could still do better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

In terms of restaurants in the New Winsor / Newburgh area, this is one of the better ones. Went there with my wife and her mother recently for a nice lunch. The Chicken Parm seemed to be a hit, and their fries were good. However, my pasta (shrimp sauté) had way too much olive oil in it -- they should know better. Service was ok--food came out quick, which made us wonder if everything was just reheated. We would go back again. The place had a really nice atmosphere.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Excellant Salads”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Excellant Salads. We were vacationing in Newburgh and Cosimo's is convenient to the hotel we were staying at. Didn't have a reservation, but were seated immediely upon arrival. The food was above average, service was good, and although busy at the time the restaurant was not too loud. Ambiance is on par with your typical chain Italian restaurants. The main drawback was that in the area we were sitting the tables were placed VERY close together, and I felt like the guy seated across at the next table was staring at me disapprovingly while listening to our conversations.

Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Good meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were vacationing in Newburgh and Cosimo's is convenient to the hotel we were staying at. Didn't have a reservation, so we went to the bar and had a drink while we waited for a table. The food was above average, service was slow initially but improved somewhat, and although busy at the time the restaurant was not too loud. Ambiance is on par with your typical chain Italian restaurants.

The main drawback was that in the area we were sitting the tables were placed VERY close together, and I felt like the guy seated across at the next table was staring at me disapprovingly while listening to our conversations... Kind of awkward.

Belmont, North Carolina
“Enjoyed it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I are in town for a wedding and our hotel staff recommended we eat dinner at Cosimo's. We had a reservation and were seated immediately. Our table was cozy and next to a glass panel so we were able to talk and hear each other easily. On the appetizer menu was an offering my husband and I have had at a different restaurant and loved so we ordered it here. Waffle fries with gorgonzola cheese sauce. It came out piping hot and delicious! I had a wonderful Caesar salad and my husband had a house salad with creamy parmesan dressing. Both salads were large and very fresh. We were both full then and could have skipped our main courses -- but we had already ordered them so, of course, we ate them! For my entree I had fusilli pasta with a plum tomato sauce and sausage topped with creamy herbed ricotta. It was outstanding!!! My husband had a cheese tortellini pasta with mushrooms and peas in a creamy sauce. He liked it very much. We had very good wine with our dinner -- the wine selection is excellent. We wish we had had room for dessert but we were way too full! We both highly recommend this restaurant and we hope to eat there again one day.

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Perfect Party Venue!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

The food, atmosphere, and service were superb at this Italian style restaurant in Newburgh. I recently attended a private party at Cosimo's. We had a private room that was beautifully filled with natural light. I believe this room is normally used for restaurant seating. Though our gathering was mid-day, the coziness of the room would also serve a nighttime event well.

The atmosphere for my aunt's 90th birthday was joyful, and the buffet included many delicious foods, including delicious Italian dishes and perfectly cooked veggies. Some went back for seconds, and a few of the young guys went back for thirds. The 2 layer chocolate cake was moist, and richly flavored. The servers excelled in attitude, and though the room was small for our group of 85, there were no complaints. Cosimo's has a small outside patio that looked inviting, and most of the guests were noting,as they were leaving, that they would be coming back as private diners.

This venue was really perfect for our gathering, and would be great for showers, birthdays, christenings, and other parties that might be a challenge to have at home.