“Very Bad Experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you want good Italian Food and a decent table (at least a semi-private table) DON'T go to Cosimo's in Newburgh, NY. My wife and I had reservations and we arrived on time. A staff person showed us to our table which was next to a corner wall on one side and about a foot away from the neighboring table. I requested a different table but was told by the staff person that nothing else was available. This staff person was not friendly and acted as though she did not want to be there. With no other choices available we settled on this table. As we looked around, most, if not all, tables were squeezed close together. The message here was more tables, more patrons, more money for owners. No regard for customer seating arrangements. Our neighbors table heard all of our conversation and we heard all of theirs. It was very uncomfortable. We waited for about 15 minutes before our server came to us. Obviously we had time to look over the menu. Trevor was our server. He was terrible. He told us that our bread would be coming soon and that it was being baked in the oven. We ordered at this time My wife ordered the chicken parmigiana with a side of pasta. I ordered the fusilli with sausage and broccoli. Our entrees arrived about ten minutes later. So much for the phrase that "good cooking takes time". So here we are sitting with our entrees with no silverware and no napkins. By the way, no bread either. We searched for Trevor the Terrible but could not find him. Another server finally brought us some silverware and napkins. By this time our dishes were luke-warm but we were hungry. My wife's chicken parm was OK but there was enough garlic in her side of pasta to kill a vampire, maybe two. It was not edible. My fusilli dish was tasteless. The fusilli was like mush and the sauce was overcooked and burnt. There was only a small amount of sausage in the dish. It tasted like it was previously cooked, hanging around for a while in the kitchen and re-heated before it was brought to our table. The bread finally came during the meal. It was stale, cold, and hard like yesterday's bread and did not include any butter. It wasn't even sliced properly. It looked as though it was torn apart by hand. Remember Trevor said that our bread was being baked in the oven. I don't think so. We did not finish our dishes and by this time we lost our appetites. The manager comped our dishes however I would heve preferred an uneventful, tasty meal instead. This episode did put a damper on our entire evening. My advice is to avoid this restaurant. There are several other good restaurants in the immediate area.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My company has held meetings here in the past and I've always enjoyed the food, but was exposed to a limited menu due to my company's offerings. I had the opportunity recently to go back on my own and was blown away. The food is homemade, fresh and decently priced.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Among other great food, I like their pizza's the best...great family atmosphere too...great wait staff.

1  Thank GCPlate
Reviewed June 8, 2013

No place like it in the world. My wife and I LOVE this place...we call it our CHEERS...without Sam Malone, but we have Christine and that's a whole lot better.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Conducted a dinner presentation here for 15 folks recently and was very pleasantly surprised. Unable to book the wine room but the other room was accommodating and the food and service was great! My colleague and I arrived early for dinner outside and experienced their great pizza, an AMAZING antipasti dish and ogled over one of the most impressive wine lists I've seen. I would absolutely return !