“got sick after eating there”
Review of Cafe Pitti

Cafe Pitti
Ranked #66 of 182 Restaurants in Newburgh
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 10, 2013

although the location is beautiful and the service was excellent, the quality of the food wasn't.
3 of us got severe stomach pains and nausea later in the evening-my friend took leftovers home for her daughter who also got sick. I called the next day and spoke with an employee who was very concerned. HOWEVER, I left my number for a return call from management and never got one. I called the following day and again asked to speak with management - no return call.
So, even though the employees are wonderful here, it seems that management doesn't care enough to check on the well-being of customers who got sick or on the possibility of tainted food. Very poor for business.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Pitti

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The pizza we've had is some of the best I've eaten anywhere, especially the multi-mushroom version, with shitake and oyster mushrooms. The ambiance is cozy, the service is great and place sits directly on the Hudson River waterfront in Newburgh, allowing for good views of the river even in the winter.