“A Great Restaurant”

Ranked #29 of 180 Restaurants in Newburgh
Cuisines: Latin, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A CHARMING LITTLE PLACE IN THE MIDDLE OF UPSTATE NEWBURGH NY OFFERS NOW A PERFECT COMBINATION OF ECLECTIC LATIN & MEDITERRANEAN DISHES AND ONE OF THE MUST DELICATE AMBIANCE IN TOWN, COME TO TASTE THE FLAVORS BLESSING FROM THE SUN, HERE IN THE PERFECT SPOT THAT WE CALL "EL SOLAR" WHICH MEANS "NUESTRA NOBLE CASA" OUR LOVELY HOUSE.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Restaurant”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were staying in Newburgh on our way to the Cape. Intrigued by the TripAdvisor reviews, we went to El Solar Cafe for dinner. Its quality and our experience exceeded our expectations. The food was spectacular and the service even more so. It is a wonderful family enterprise; we were delighted to meet and talk with all of them. This is a must visit, worth a trip to Newburgh!

1 Thank Tony B

Columbus, Ohio
“Welcome Surprise”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

A friend and I took a road trip to the New England coast and on our way back decided to spend the night in Newburgh before heading home. Neither of us had been to this area and upon entering the restaurant were welcome with an outstanding experience. The wine was a generous pour! The specials that the waiter quoted seemed to originate for the Greek Isles. Wished I lived closer! I would definitely come back!!!

• Visited July 2014
Newburgh, New York
“Culinary Oasis in Downtown Newburgh”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Been to El Solar Cafe twice (and counting) and have had a great experience both times. The food is expertly prepared and the husband and wife team that run the restaurant handle the service and both do an excellent job.
There are always many delicious sounding specials offered, as well as a pretty diverse menu. There are many fish and seafood offerings.
I would say the menu is somewhat Italian, but with South Amercan influence, but not overly Spanish (hopefully that makes sense).
There are a handful of outside tables for sidewalk dining, if Al Fresco would interest on pleasant evenings.
Full bar and cocktails are expertly prepared.
Atmosphere is very nice and decorated very tastefully with nicknacks and artwork throughout. Comfortable seating, as well (very important to me; we've all sat in those booths that we wished we hadn't sat in)
This is one place that I will be back to many times ...... you will enjoy it too. Give it a try !

Newburgh, New York
“Newburgh Treasure”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Last evening I visited El Solar Cafe for approximately the seventh time. On this occasion I brought out-of-town visitors, both of whom were as delighted with this restaurant as I have been. Dinner was as delicious as usual and beautifully served, Most importantly, the owners made us feel not only welcome, but very special guests. Food, decor, and service are all first-rate. This is truly a hidden treasure in the city of Newburgh.

Himrod
“Wonderful!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I had the opportunity to dine at the El Solar Café in Newburgh, NY. It was excellent. I had calamari as an appetizer, then a shrimp dish that was also delicious. The owner checked on us to make certain all was well. The service was fantastic. I can’t wait to return.

• Visited June 2014

Been to El Solar Cafe? Share your experiences!