“a change of hands”

Cuisines: Italian
Orlando, Florida
“a change of hands”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

used to be owned by an Italian women..made all her own fresh stuff and it was "the best". Now, new owners....they don't really have it all together at this point so give it some time and we will see how it turns out. The new owner seems very excited, so lets give him a chance.
We each had a machiatto/cappucino and split a dessert.
Located across the street from Washington's headquarters.

• Visited October 2013

Montgomery, New York
“Yummy Coffee Stop!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Cute place to stop in for coffee! My boyfriend and I look foward to the times we are able to stop in and get a Chai... Friendly owners, a little pricey, but worth it!

Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible Hospitality”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Walked in for lunch early afternoon, and from the moment I stepped in it was like I was putting my "hosts" out. All I wanted to do was grab a sandwich and an espresso.

I was thrown a menu, and then was forcefully coerced into buying additional cookies and pastries because I didn't meet the $15 credit card minimum that is not listed anywhere.

I love in Fishkill and do business across the river in Newburgh often. I will never step foot in this establishment again. They'll be closed soon.

• Visited April 2013
East Fishkill, New York, United States
“Disappointed”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Being a local resident who was in the area for work I had been wanting to stop in for lunch for quite sometime now. Today was the day I finally got to go. I was in a rush and needed a quick bite for lunch. The atmosphere is simple but welcoming. Being my first time at the cafe I was quickly stopped in my tracks as i made my way to the counter asking if I was staying or taking food to go. I stated I needed to see the menu first. Specials were pointed out to me on a board and a menu was handed to me. I quickly scanned the selection of paninis and decided on the special to stay. I sat at a table and overheard the same waitress recite the specials to a couple next to me and offer them a choice of chips or salad with their panini special. I had placed the same order with the same waitress 5 minutes earlier and this option was never offered to me?
My sandwich arrived promptly and I over heard the same waitress check in with the two other tables about their food and never once did she come to check in with me. I asked for the check and was told it was a $15 minimum for a credit card. Luckily, I had some cash in the car otherwise I was told I could buy additional food to hit the $15 minimum which is not stated anywhere at the counter/register where I ordered but apparently somewhere on the menu which I missed. Lastly, the table next to me got up as I did to leave and the waitress thanked them and wished them well while I exited behind them without any acknowledgment in my direction.

I was hopefull to have found a new lunch/coffee spot to stop in while doing business at a local hospital. Never the less...I will not be stopping in here again. I am in the customer service business and no matter how clean, cute the atmosphere, or decent the food is a smile and pleasant attitude goes a long way when you are the customer. Especially, when it is given to the only other 3 people dining around you.

• Visited April 2013
Monroe, New York
“Trying to be something they are not.”
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Food is grossly overpriced especially since it's in a terrible neighborhood. If you find yourself visiting Washington's Headquarters directly across the street do yourself a favor and visit one of the establishments on The Newburgh waterfront. And the owner was not at all friendly.